Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

26 minutes ago, Denim said:

Going to the people with a general election ?

Why ask the numpties ?

They might not vote the right way again then a sort of Shut Down London protest would be needed.

Like the Thai political model shining like a beacon in the darkness, teaching that hissy fits are the way to go for those who cant get their own way. The right way , the sensible way.

So which would you like a referendum or GE or both? And when do you want it/them?

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 3:55 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

Corbyn now 2/1 to be next PM. Well Done Boris/Cumming's/Farage. It is Brexiters that are now in the Elephant Trap - with pied piper Farage cooing them into his corner. 

Image result for vote brexit party

Nice of them to tell where we have to go and vote.......

7 hours ago, vogie said:

<snip>

Where have I said that the referendum was anything else but advisory. But just to add, parliament agreed to act on behalf of the advice they received from the British electorate.

But three years later and they have yet to so do!

Mainly due to the antics of Rees-Mogg and others of his ilk.

Parliament can't make the decision, so let we the people decide in a final, this time legally binding, referendum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thairealist said:

<snip>

My worry is that my children will suffer, if in the future they are colonist of the E.U. Due to our Treacherous M.P’s and their gullible supporters.

Do you mean treacherous MPs like Rees-Mogg?

You must do, because if it wasn't for him and those of his ilk we would have left last March.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

there has already been the referendum though .

if the UK Gov are not going to what the electorate voted for , theres no point in asking again

Rees-Mogg and his mates stopped Parliament from doing what the people asked for.

Make this referendum legally binding, then Parliament has to do what the people ask for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Must feel strange to have the clock run full circle and now you're the colonists instead of the oppressive colonizers. Karma's a biatch. Can't help but feel that it's all just a bit of poetic justice. ????

I think you got that a**e about face.

Have another shot at it.

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

So confirmation that opposition M.P’s ( quislings) take their instructions from Brussels. Well for your information, the British people gave them the two finger sign in 2016. 

Typical Brexiteer spin.

They, understandably, sought confirmation from the EU that if successful they could, if necessary, extend Article 50. Confirmation which is not assured, as anyone who bothered to read the quote can see.

The real Quislings are those who prevented Brexit from happening last March; people such as Rees-Mogg.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

there has already been the referendum though .

An advisory one. 

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

if the UK Gov are not going to what the electorate voted for , theres no point in asking again

No government would ever be able to do so, because you cannot at the same time satisfy the electorate that voted for leaving without a deal and those who voted for leaving with a deal. And there you have your point for asking; not asking “again” but asking more precisely. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

just make a new law stating that the last referendum is legally binding

If only it were that simple.

I believe that Parliament cannot change the conditions of a vote, be it election or referendum, after that vote has taken place.

At least, I can't find anything to say that they can; but can't find anything to say that they can't either!

Can you?

6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

If only it were that simple.

I believe that Parliament cannot change the conditions of a vote, be it election or referendum, after that vote has taken place.

At least, I can't find anything to say that they can; but can't find anything to say that they can't either!

Can you?

there wont be another vote anyway , so , no point in even thinking about it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thairealist said:

I repeat the Quisling opposition M.P.’s take their instructions from Brussels, instead of taking note of what the British people demand.

You evidence of that being? None; just supposition.

As for your charts, some say one thing, others say the opposite.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Typical Brexiteer spin.

They, understandably, sought confirmation from the EU that if successful they could, if necessary, extend Article 50. Confirmation which is not assured, as anyone who bothered to read the quote can see.

The real Quislings are those who prevented Brexit from happening last March; people such as Rees-Mogg.

Apart from the dishonourable and undemocratic clowns who occupy the HoC and HoL right now, the real quislings are those who were left in control of the negotiations for more than two years, only to come up with such a poor and unacceptable withdrawal agreement (treaty); people such as May and Robbins.

• Like 1