Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

34 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

We had an in out referendum 40+ years ago and remain won. Brexiteers spent the next 40+ years whining that they wanted another one. At least you've only had to put up with remainers whinging for 3+ years that we want another one. Where's your gratitude?

That next 40 years was the reason the vote was to leave the EU. Everything was becoming clear, controlled by foreigners.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

If I remember correctly, the British government negotiated Brexit for almost three years.

At the end then, Mays Brexit deal was not good enough.

So what was the reason?

Obviously, there were several versions of Brexit in people's minds.
You remember March 2019?
The eight Options?

No deal – DEFEATED 160 to 400
‘Common market 2.0’ – DEFEATED 188 to 283
EEA/Efta without customs union – DEFEATED 64 to 377
Customs union – DEFEATED 265 to 271
Labour plan – DEFEATED 237 to 307
Revoke article 50 – DEFEATED 184 to 293
Confirmatory public vote – DEFEATED 268 to 295
Contingent preferential arrangements – DEFEATED 139 to 422

To date, the Brexit is still unclear.
But one can not say that the UK government and Parliament have not tried to find a solution.
And if you are in such a deep hole, you should think about not digging further.
Until now, the Brexit has only brought strife and massiv economic losses.
And not only for the UK alone, but also for the other 27 member states.

So after 3.5 years you should draw a line and realize that a Brexit without a plan and without substantive consensus is a flop.

A failed experiment.
A failed experiment that has damaged and endangers the well-being of all in Europe.

If the majority of UK people want Brexit al a Boris no deal, then it should be.
But where is the proof?
Can it be that there is no more majority for any Brexit currently?
But where is the proof?

The task of the politicians is now to provide clarity quickly.

The only poll I could come up with still shows the UK saying 52% leave, with or without a deal. If someone else could come up with another poll showing the same question I'd be very interested to look at it.

Screenshot_2019-09-07-13-20-09-979.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

So after 3.5 years you should draw a line and realize that a Brexit without a plan and without substantive consensus is a flop.

A failed experiment.
A failed experiment that has damaged and endangers the well-being of all in Europe.

If the majority of UK people want Brexit al a Boris no deal, then it should be.
But where is the proof?
Can it be that there is no more majority for any Brexit currently?
But where is the proof?

The task of the politicians is now to provide clarity quickly.

Totally. 

If this was a football game between UK and EU, this is a what's going on:

1. Half of the UK players don't know the rules of football

2. The UK team have only nine players on the pitch. The missing two players don't like football and they decided to drop out

3. Two UK players don't know in which goal they should score

4. During the game, four UK players begin to argue that it would be better for the team if they score own goals to help EU win because EU will beat them up after the game if UK wins

5. Two UK players are trying to convince their team mates that they should score own goals anyway - because the opponents don't defend on that side.

Edited by Forethat
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tebee said:

over three years ago now though. Roughly 1 million people die each year and one million are born. So 3 million of the people who voted are dead now and a different 3 million have turned 18 and can now vote. Six million different people. Let that sink in.

Why should we still me bound by that vote ?

Thats assuming that all those new voters, will in fact  vote to remain shackled to this so called union. Better for you to rely on the support of all those E.U citizens who obtain a British passport each and every year.

https://www.facebook.com/100000520368810/posts/2785684454792206?sfns=mo

2 hours ago, tebee said:

I'm not saying the vote would be 6 million votes different this time, I'm saying there are 6 million different people in the electorate. Why should today's electorate be bound by an electorate that no longer exists ?

You must be near the bottom of the barrel by now.....????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, transam said:

You must be near the bottom of the barrel by now.....????

As far as the referendum and it's aftermath are concerned, I think it's a cesspit rather than a barrel and there are plenty of people still pouring sh!t into it...  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

We had an in out referendum 40+ years ago and remain won. Brexiteers spent the next 40+ years whining that they wanted another one. At least you've only had to put up with remainers whinging for 3+ years that we want another one. Where's your gratitude?

Where's your evidence to the 40+ years of leavers whinging? Usual nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, tebee said:

As far as the referendum and it's aftermath are concerned, I think it's a cesspit rather than a barrel and there are plenty of people still pouring sh!t into it...  

It's called a swamp. And it needs draining.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Must feel strange to have the clock run full circle and now you're the colonists instead of the oppressive colonizers. Karma's a biatch. Can't help but feel that it's all just a bit of poetic justice. ????

I would love to know where you come from, sadly I cannot ask...????

Got my cannon powdered up too...????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Milky Way?

Ya know, that's sort of funny. When I was a wee sprat, I used to use the following as my return address, snail-mail being the only alternative back then.

NAME

ADDRESS

CITY STATE ZIP

USA

Planet Earth

Milky Way Galaxy

Local Universe

Needless to say, I didn't play well with other children on an extended basis...????

• Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

Oh well ET, welcome....????.....

Thanks. When I was human single digits and had just begun to realize that my real parents left me behind on one of their intergalactic sojourns with an evil earth family, I'd cry when I'd look up at the starry sky at night, wishing they hadn't left me behind, always hoping that they'd come back for me one day. I cried at the ending of Strange Encounters of the 3rd Kind...because it wasn't me. Ditto Neal Armstrong walking on the moon; tears running down my face...because it wasn't me. Life's really a trip. ????

7 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Ya know, that's sort of funny. When I was a wee sprat, I used to use the following as my return address, snail-mail being the only alternative back then.

NAME

ADDRESS

CITY STATE ZIP

USA

Planet Earth

Milky Way Galaxy

Local Universe

Needless to say, I didn't play well with other children on an extended basis...????

Especially native Indians eh....????

1 hour ago, Thairealist said:

Please get it right, the government of the day, plus the main opposition party stated publicly that the result of the referendum would be respected and implemented. Further more article 50 was passed by the whole of parliament to again implement the people’s decision. Then of course we had the 2017 G.E when parties who again gave their support to the people’s decision, gained over 80% of the vote.

My worry is that my children will suffer, if in the future they are colonist of the E.U. Due to our Treacherous M.P’s and their gullible supporters.

Perhaps if you would care to look up the meaning of ‘colonist’ you could explain your fears?

37 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

I am a citizen of planet earth holding 3 legitimate passports. I'm from everywhere.

Are you so ashamed as to give the names of those three countries.

I’m not, I’m British.

Well that’s not quite correct. As I am now very ashamed at my fellow countrymen who are prepared to go against the expressed wishes of the majority, and relegate our country to a British equivalent of Vichy France.

Edited by Thairealist
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Magna Carta died years ago, but we still follow her rules. ????????????

Oh dear...you really need to brush up on your history...

Comments on the British constitution are littered with clichés like that. 

It seems to be a brexit speciality to misquote history in the hope it suits their argument. It just reveals how shaky their premises were

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I see everyone is shooting the breeze on this while awaiting the next development. In the interim, perhaps you'll allow me to describe a thesis of mine which I have been developing for some time. It is quite relevant to Britain's relationship with the EU, and some of the comments I have read in this thread provide some of the strongest, most direct evidence for the principle I am describing. 

This is the beginning of a new revolution: the hegemony of the weak. Historically downtrodden, the immiserated masses have only ever needed to find a voice to gain power, because the weak are always the majority. It is in the weak's interests to homogenise society—at the imperilment even of the ingrained culture of their own nation. Now that technology has given them a voice (through which the shrieks of the faux-outrage can be heard worldwide), they will not cease their clamour until they have brought down the traditional establishment—that is, the culturally grounded portion of society. If culture is the cost of the weak's emancipation, that's fine by them. The constituents of the weak group are self-evidently all those who have a grievance and have felt alienated or disempowered in the past. To overcome their perceived social disadvantage, their goal (which is largely subconscious) is to mix up the entire human race into one amorphous, raceless, classless mass in which there is no discrimination and no one has any reason to feel disadvantaged. This has come about quite suddenly, in historical terms, given two sudden developments: the internet has opened the world's eyes upon itself and everyone can  now peer at each other and judge (whether they realise it or not) what they see, and the very process of judging is felt to be odious; and because indigenous populations have been rapidly and forcibly merged with arriviste populations quite surreptitiously (that is, without any direct approval by the ordinary public). As a result of this forced multiculturalism, inclusionism, and the self-declaration of personal rights, we are now witnessing the dawn of the death of culture itself on a worldwide scale.

Edited by JamesBlond

Going to the people with a general election ?

Why ask the numpties ?

They might not vote the right way again then a sort of Shut Down London protest would be needed.

Like the Thai political model shining like a beacon in the darkness, teaching that hissy fits are the way to go for those who cant get their own way. The right way , the sensible way.

• Like 2