Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

12 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

How would that affect our on-going contracts with Euratom?  Would there  be any implication for ships in transit to EU ports?  Would there be any need for changes to meat export practices?

I expect the Europeans would be blamed for all the perishable UK exports that.would be destroyed.

The great thing about paranoia is that without diagnosis, it finds ways to reinforce itself.

Get all those things sorted out

46 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No , we do not all say that .

You have been asking that same question numerous times for about a year now and I have previously answered that question a few times in one of the other threads where you asked the same question

I was indeed asking that question on many occasions; because I never got a straight answer.

Some people said that they didn't like the backstop, but wouldn't how they would deal with the problem.

Others simply called the agreement BRINO, but wouldn't say why they thought that.

If anyone has given a detailed, point by point answer to the question, I must have missed it.

So tell me one point, just one, in that agreement which you object to and why.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Stop being ridiculous

That's what Farage said when asked if he would forgo his MEP pension in order to reduce the money we owe the EU!

To be fair, no British MEP has, to the best of my knowledge, said that they will forgo the pension. But at least they do turn up; unlike Farage who has one of the worst attendance records of any MEP. 

Doesn't stop him from trousering his MEP salary and expenses, though.

21 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Get all those things sorted out

To do that we need a leaving agreement with a transitional period!

We would be well on the way to sorting it all out had Rees-Mogg and others not blocked it in Parliament!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I was indeed asking that question on many occasions; because I never got a straight answer.

Some people said that they didn't like the backstop, but wouldn't how they would deal with the problem.

Others simply called the agreement BRINO, but wouldn't say why they thought that.

If anyone has given a detailed, point by point answer to the question, I must have missed it.

So tell me one point, just one, in that agreement which you object to and why.

As I have asked you numerous times before , please post the full proposals up and then maybe someone will read them and answer your question .

I have not claimed to either agree with or disagree with Mays proposal.

Please stop asking that same question over and over and over and over again.

Any more references to that same question will be ignored by myself as i must have read that question about 50 times

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As I have asked you numerous times before , please post the full proposals up and then maybe someone will read them and answer your question .

Any more references to that same question will be ignored by myself as i must have read that question about 50 times

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/withdrawal-agreement-and-political-declaration

We await your appraisal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

That's what Farage said when asked if he would forgo his MEP pension in order to reduce the money we owe the EU!

To be fair, no British MEP has, to the best of my knowledge, said that they will forgo the pension. But at least they do turn up; unlike Farage who has one of the worst attendance records of any MEP. 

Doesn't stop him from trousering his MEP salary and expenses, though.

No , you made the suggestion that Ferage wants the UK to remain in the EU , so that he can continue to receive an MEP salary

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

LOL , 700 Pages .

Do you honestly expect any TV poster to read 700 pages , just to give you an answer to your question!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a Brexiteer, no.

Brexit means Brexit, not 700 pages of carefully thought out agreement.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

You asked for it. Nice bit of bedtime reading for you. Now off you go. 555

You first .

Why dont you show us how its done .

Why dont you read the 700 pages and write a report on the bits that you agree with, bits that you disagree with and also offer alternatives ?
   Surely you are capable of doing what you ask others to do

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I have posted the agreement many times before, but will do so again: Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration

I grant you that is heavy going, so here is a summery: Brexit: what is the withdrawal agreement?

Will you now attempt an opinion on the agreement?

You say "I have not claimed to either agree with or disagree with Mays proposal." As the question was, and always has been, a variation of "What is wrong with May's deal?" what did you mean when you said 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

I have previously answered that question a few times in one of the other threads where you asked the same question

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You first .

Why dont you show us how its done .

Why dont you read the 700 pages and write a report on the bits that you agree with, bits that you disagree with and also offer alternatives ?
   Surely you are capable of doing what you ask others to do

OK. Try this. Only 56 pages. Withdrawal agreement for dummies.14_November_Explainer_for_the_agreement_on_the_withdrawal_of_the_United_Kingdom_of_Great_Britain_and_Northern_Ireland_from_the_European_Union.pdf

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No , you made the suggestion that Ferage wants the UK to remain in the EU , so that he can continue to receive an MEP salary

You what?

Wouldn't surprise me if that was his secret plan, though!

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I have posted the agreement many times before, but will do so again: Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration

I grant you that is heavy going, so here is a summery: Brexit: what is the withdrawal agreement?

Will you now attempt an opinion on the agreement?

You say "I have not claimed to either agree with or disagree with Mays proposal." As the question was, and always has been, a variation of "What is wrong with May's deal?" what did you mean when you said 

No , I wont be reading it or making any comment , its tediously boring and its even more tediously boring after continually being asked the same question many times in the past year .

On a different rumour-mongering site, it was alleged that certain within the Tory party needed a hard Brexit to prevent scrutiny of suspect transactions in London, as a matter of on-going business, with general world-wide hardening of attitudes to money laundering of ill-gotten gains.  Any deal with Europe would almost certainly require compliance with regulations on financial verification and prevention of money laundering, which could see the end of football as we know it in this country.

Just now, sanemax said:

No , I wont be reading it or making any comment , its tediously boring and its even more tediously boring after continually being asked the same question many times in the past year .

Brexit means Brexit.  What more do you need?

Until the EU sign up to that, we will forever be blocked by their intransigence.

• Like 1