Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Apart from the dishonourable and undemocratic clowns who occupy the HoC and HoL right now, the real quislings are those who were left in control of the negotiations for more than two years, only to come up with such a poor and unacceptable withdrawal agreement (treaty); people such as May and Robbins.

I wont bother asking you why you consider that agreement to be 'poor and unacceptable.' You've never had an answer before, so I doubt that you have one now.

But consider this. although he refuses to tell any one his proposals for his deal, including for some strange reason those he's supposed to be negotiating with, Cummings' Johnson's deal will inevitably be virtually identical to May's.

28 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

It seems downright normal to investigate whether a proposal is feasible with the other parties involved.  Only a buffoon would embark on any political endeavour without canvassing support and opinion.

Unless Boris ”Remain” Johnson’s aim was always to undermine Brexit.  Good job, Boris!

Normal. No. A GE is a domestic issue. The EU should not be counselled. 

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I wont bother asking you why you consider that agreement to be 'poor and unacceptable.' You've never had an answer before, so I doubt that you have one now.

But consider this. although he refuses to tell any one his proposals for his deal, including for some strange reason those he's supposed to be negotiating with, Cummings' Johnson's deal will inevitably be virtually identical to May's.

I'm glad, because I posted my arguments against months ago. Any "deal" Boris has in mind may well be almost the same as "May's". But now he's not well able to negotiate much at all, is he? 

4 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I repeat the Quisling opposition M.P.’s take their instructions from Brussels, instead of taking note of what the British people demand.

That is so paranoid - probably why they call any rational argument "protect fear" - looks like this poster is incapable of thinking critically on much of anything

3 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

That is so paranoid - probably why they call any rational argument "protect fear" - looks like this poster is incapable of thinking critically on much of anything

Don’t know why that quote you mention is attributed to me. 

A sense a glitch in the Matrix. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

3.5 years ago, people were sold the Brexit as a surprise bag, in which only great new things for all are in.
- great new trade deals
- less immigration of foreigners
- less EU workers in the UK
- own border controls
- own laws without EU influence
- better life situation for everyone

What is the result after 3.5 years?
- Negotiations on trade agreements usually take between 7 and 10 years. There is nothing besides empty statements of intent.
- Oh wonder even without Brexit, the EU and also the UK has the lowest immigration rates in years.
- In fact, fewer EU workers are currently coming to the UK. Open xenophobia also deters high-skill workers.
   Due to the weakness of the pound sterling and the uncertainty of the future, now many researchers, scientists, doctors
   and highly graduated people now avoid the UK.
- For the own border controls the trained personnel are missing and for the Northern Ireland border there is not even a

solution.

- The UK has been doing 95% of its own laws for decades. The last 5% mainly concern large corporations, product safety

and environment  issues.

- Pound depreciation leads to more expensive holidays and more expensive imports.
  Price increases are starting. More income for all UK workers from 1 November? How?, when?, where?
  350 million pounds a week for better health care? When, How?
  Foreign investments decline. Banks and insurance sector in uncertainty over Passport rights.
  Where is now the better life situation for Britons?

I have my doubts that many voted in favor of Brexit 3,5 years ago, wanted this current result.

Got any validating links to any of that mega construction?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

I'm glad, because I posted my arguments against months ago.

Of course you did! Just like all the others.

Any "deal" Boris has in mind may well be almost the same as "May's". But now he's not well able to negotiate much at all, is he? 

If Cummings had allowed Johnson to get on with negotiating with the EU instead of playing silly games to block Parliament, then he'd be well on the way to an agreement by now.

Anyway whatever you want to vote if you are abroad make sure you are eligible.

Voting if you’re registered as an overseas voter
You can vote in UK Parliament and European Parliament elections, as well as referendums.

You can choose to vote either by post or by proxy. You’ll be asked to make this choice when you register.

The local authority where you’re registered as an overseas voter will send you a postal or proxy vote application form by email or post.

https://www.gov.uk/voting-when-abroad

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Got any validating links to any of that mega construction?

Poor, ever-recurring, helpless question.
I think you know exactly the facts.
In the past, I still bothered to pick the sources.
Not any longer.
Everything was already posted 1000 times.

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Of course you did! Just like all the others.

If Cummings had allowed Johnson to get on with negotiating with the EU instead of playing silly games to block Parliament, then he'd be well on the way to an agreement by now.

Call me a liar. I don't care. And you really don't know what Cummings had allowed Johnson to get on with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Poor, ever-recurring, helpless question.
I think you know exactly the facts.
In the past, I still bothered to pick the sources.
Not any longer.
Everything was already posted 1000 times.

Yes, you do build things on a regular basis. Middle name Bob by any chance?

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes, you do build things on a regular basis. Middle name Bob by any chance?

I have to realize that unfortunately you are not able to reflect on the content.<

Your last two posts have contributed zero to clarify the Facts or the situation.

• Like 2

A post containing an image from a news site has been removed as being in violation of fair use policy, the replies were removed as well.  Please add a link when posting to substantiate your source. 

Some other offensive, inflammatory posts and replies have been removed. 

Saturday 7 September 2019 14:30, UK

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-could-go-to-jail-if-he-refuses-to-delay-brexit-says-former-prosecutions-chief-11804290

Breaking

Boris Johnson could go to jail if he refuses to delay Brexit, says former prosecutions chief

Former attorney general Dominic Grieve echoes the warning, accusing the PM of acting like a "spoilt child having a tantrum". The former director of public prosecutions has told Sky News that Boris Johnson could go to prison if he refuses to delay Brexit in the face of court action.

The prime minister has said he will not agree an extension, despite parliament passing a law forcing him to do so.

Lord MacDonald, who held the senior prosecutor post between 2003 and 2008, said legal action would mean a court ordering that "the law should be followed".

"A refusal in the face of that would amount to contempt of court which could find that person in prison", he said.

The cross-bench peer said this was "not an extreme outcome" as it was "convention" that individuals who refuse to "purge their contempt" are sent to prison.

However it is also possible that a court could demand another figure in government authorises the delay.

Dominic Grieve, an MP expelled from the Conservatives this week for backing an anti-no-deal law and former attorney general, told Sky News that Mr Johnson was acting like a "spoilt child having a tantrum".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

I have to realize that unfortunately you are not able to reflect on the content.<

Your last two posts have contributed zero to clarify the Facts or the situation.

I have pointed out that your facts..... well....aren't. If you want to tag together a load of rubbish, then please don't expect others to be consider it as anything else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

I have pointed out that your facts..... well....aren't. If you want to tag together a load of rubbish, then please don't expect others to be consider it as anything else.

You have pointed out?
What you pointed out?
In terms of content, you pointed out nothing.

Describe something good, which has been achieved within the last 3.5 years in connection with the Brexit.
- new trade deals?
- less immigration of foreigners?
- less EU workers in the UK?
- own border controls?
- own laws without EU influence?
- better life situation for everyone?

My statments what has been achieved is clear.
Just grab a point.
Success stories are allowed.

13 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

3.5 years ago, people were sold the Brexit as a surprise bag, in which only great new things for all are in.
- great new trade deals
- less immigration of foreigners
- less EU workers in the UK
- own border controls
- own laws without EU influence
- better life situation for everyone

What is the result after 3.5 years?
-

The UK didnt leave the EU , so , nothing has changed

• Like 1

Call me a liar. I don't care. And you really don't know what Cummings had allowed Johnson to get on with.

It is strange that Brexiteers all say that they have previously given detailed lists of what was wrong with May's deal, but can never remember what even one thing on that list!

So you tell us, why has Johnson gone to great lengths to prevent MPs discussing any plans he may have: proroguing Parliament, expelling MPs from the party, threatening deselection of Tory MPs, trying to call an election, instead of even starting talks with the EU?

Or have you already answered that question?

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

It is strange that Brexiteers all say that they have previously given detailed lists of what was wrong with May's deal, but can never remember what even one thing on that list!

No , we do not all say that .

You have been asking that same question numerous times for about a year now and I have previously answered that question a few times in one of the other threads where you asked the same question

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So you tell us, why has Johnson gone to great lengths to prevent MPs discussing any plans he may have: proroguing Parliament, expelling MPs from the party, threatening deselection of Tory MPs, trying to call an election, instead of even starting talks with the EU?

Or have you already answered that question?

I think he is worried that a Tory majority in the House of Commons might push Brexit through, which his family do not want.

Good job, Boris!

• Confused 1