Dual pricing: Retirees and expats may be charged more at Thai govt hospitals

webfact

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

But they are entitled because they are Thai. The state hospitals are subsidised by the state, so why would they extend the low prices to non- Thai, unless they have full citizenship?
Non-Thai should not be surprised if they get fully burdened rate, which this probably is not. Prices overall are still cheap.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yea but it's not about that though it's about overcharging Farang otherwise why would nationals from neighbouring Countries be charged same price as Thai?

Yea I know all Farang is richer and walking ATM machines.
That's pure discrimination.
In any case best and cheapest health care is take care of your health.

Yea but it's not about that though it's about overcharging Farang otherwise why would nationals from neighbouring Countries be charged same price as Thai?
Yea I know all Farang is richer and walking ATM machines.
That's pure discrimination.
In any case best and cheapest health care is take care of your health.
Maybe because they're in a common trading bloc?

9 hours ago, stevemac said:

Maybe because they're in a common trading bloc?

Yea I suppose it could be that but I tend to think it's for the same reason they charge Farang 10x the price to get into national parks.
Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start doing the same for other public services in the future electric, water public transport etc.
Don't get me wrong they can charge what they want it's their country but doesn't mean I have to agree with it.
We will see what happens personally I will not be investing any more here and in fact in the process to sell.

Yea I suppose it could be that but I tend to think it's for the same reason they charge Farang 10x the price to get into national parks.
Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start doing the same for other public services in the future electric, water public transport etc.
Don't get me wrong they can charge what they want it's their country but doesn't mean I have to agree with it.
We will see what happens personally I will not be investing any more here and in fact in the process to sell.
Good luck with your new pastures. For me it's still paradise, albeit with a few hassles here and there!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevemac said:

Good luck with your new pastures. For me it's still paradise, albeit with a few hassles here and there!

Every year less and less paradise, but the alternatives still are not yet so attractive. But maybe soon they will be. Time to sell up to be agile when the time comes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stevemac said:

Did I say I was going to leave lol?
Don't trust this Military government they do what they want and I don't feel confident to have investments here.
You never know what new laws they are going to introduce but I am sure they will and pretty sure it's going to get more expensive for Expats.
From now rent prices are low and it make more sensence than buying.

On 10/3/2019 at 2:06 PM, Percy P said:

80% of Thais don't pay tax on their earnings! why! because they don't earn enough. 350 Baht /day doesn't warrant paying tax.

income tax is just one of the taxes out there.  any thai that purchases stuff will pay VAT throughout their life, along with other taxes here and there.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:53 AM, monkfish said:

these are public services?  i've been getting ripped off by some fraudulent "utility" companies claiming they have been providing these and then charging me in return!  outrageous!

• 3 weeks later...

And after my knee checkup last Monday, yesterday I went for my 6 monthly blood tests at the National Chest Institute at Khae Rai, Nonthaburi (I am lucky enough to live in the second soi up from there should I ever have a heart attack!)   and these are my bills.

I went at 6 am for blood to be taken and was out in less than 30 minutes.  That cost me 770 baht.  Bill attached.

Then I went at 3.45 pm and only waited 15 minutes to see the lovely lady doctor who I've seen the last 4 or 5 times.  She speaks good English and is still slightly sceptical of the strict keto diet I have been on for 2 1/2 years but has seen the results (50 kg loss overall) so goes along with me.

As usual, my overall cholesterol was somewhat elevated but it's been like that for years and the ratios are always super-good so she's not too concerned.  Neither am I, as my ancient mother had high cholesterol all her last 30 something years and she lived until 101 (she died in July last).

All I can say is that I am more than happy to pay 770 baht for the actual blood tests and 400 baht to see the doc at the special afternoon clinic.  50 baht to see her and 350 for the special clinic.  It's a steal really.

Just shows that if you have a bit of nous, know the score and can suss things out for yourself, there's absolutely no need to go to fancy-dancy over-priced private hospitals which cater to fleecing farangs.

Chest hosp bill 1.jpg

Chest hosp bill 2.jpg

Edited by Mister Fixit
Stupidity
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mister Fixit said:

And yesterday I went for my 6 monthly blood tests at the National Chest Institute at Khae Rai, Nonthaburi (I am lucky enough to live in the second soi up from there should I ever have a heart attack!)   and these are my bills.

I went at 6 am for blood to be taken and was out in less than 30 minutes.  That cost me 770 baht.  Bill attached.

Then I went at 3.45 pm to see the lovely lady doctor who I've seen the last 4 or 5 times and who speaks good English and is still slightly sceptical of the strict keto diet I have been on for 2 1/2 years but has seen the results (50 kg loss overall) so goes along with me.

As usual, my overall cholesterol was somewhat elevated but it's been like that for years and the ratios are always super-good so she's not too concerned.  Neither am I, as my ancient mother had high cholesterol all her last 30 something years and she lived until 101 (she died in July last).

All I an say is that I am more than happy to pay 770 baht for the actual blood tests and 400 baht to see the doc at the special afternoon clinic.  50 baht to see her and 350 for the special clinic.  It's a steal really.

Just shows that if you have a bit of nous, know the score and can suss things out for yourself, there's absolutely no need to go to fancy-dancy over-priced private hospitals which cater to fleecing farangs.

Chest hosp bill 1.jpg

Chest hosp bill 2.jpg

chest hosp bill Nov 19.jpg

Well done-keep in good health..

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hello 

Before to talk read .... 

and download the data base conversion about Price per foreigner group 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wf39t65cvir3dwz/Annonce Price table service hôpital for foreigners 2019 T_0004 REV 1.pdf?dl=0

image.png.f9f61df54e8df1b3436283bb94e3b84a.png

image.png.1eb833958d617fd694773e41baaac85c.png

If you can not support this prices Group 3 it is better to comeback home 

Ministry of Public Health announcement
Subject: Public health service fees for service units under the Ministry of Public Health 2019

ประกาศกระทรวงสาธารณสุข
เรื่อง: ค่าบริการสาธารณสุขสำหรับหน่วยบริการสังกัดกระทรวงสาธารณสุขปี 2562

Edited by SPREX
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

visited outer surin district a few weeks back, small district hospital was said to have a gym so I went to check what it was like and how much. sign on the desk had prices and foreigner prices. 2x for foreigner. I asked why, were the weights heavier for foreigners? young lady just smiled. no sale.

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2019 at 5:06 PM, 2long said:

Grow up! He/She never claimed Europe was a country. Oh, and sort your grammar and spelling out please. It hurts my eyes!

He said Europe duh, the prices in Europe are not the same, and when you are talking about grammar let me tell you, I'm not a native English speaker, most native English speakers can only speak English, so don't complain.

I wonder it this dual pricing policy was taken into account when the insurance companies in Thailand priced the mandatory health insurance required for O-A long stay visas ?

Seems to me we should be getting the benefits of lower co-pays since the Thai government is telling us that we have to pay more because we are foreign and must have the useless insurance !

8 hours ago, Totoandlilly said:

He said Europe duh, the prices in Europe are not the same, and when you are talking about grammar let me tell you, I'm not a native English speaker, most native English speakers can only speak English, so don't complain.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, monkfish said:

I only use public hospitals never had a problem very good service apart from Pattaya that the worst in Thailand.

Being in the northern parts after my experience I only use our local govt hospital, would have probably died in one of the private ones here, until I got transport to the govt hospital emergency dept. 

I guess overcrowded places like Pattaya and alike will have problems.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The prices here even for the highest tier are less than currently charged by most govt hospitals to all fee paying patients.  In other words these publications are largely ignored and do not reflect actual pricing  

Those govt  hospitals which see a large  volume of foreign patients have long had double pricing. Those which see few foreign patients don't bother

• Like 2

Sorry, you do not have the ability to check the pricing of a public hospital and the official rates in effect !!
Many fanang speak and write without having the required knowledge of the Thai administration especially on this forum !!!

I visited the management of the Public Hospital of Ubon ratchathani Sappasit Hosapital Pool 2 for the application of the fee for a foreigner in visa code OA 2.22 GP3 for a colonoscopy
they confirm to me that the price was 15,000 baht excluding consumables ( Sedation) and room ( + 2400 baht) 
and that for a GP2 Type Grope visa the fee is 12,500 baht

When you talk with the Thai administration always have the documentation in Thai language and things become much simpler still you have to be able to find them cve is not the best exercise of good farang  

image.png.8f4e03cf8bcc8e874cc63b3f41dd2e48.png

image.png.92b5ab6c17cca2915719cc575824ad2e.png

For your knowledge and I doubt you will know it

image.png.e784520ddb27faebb613c59370574c5d.png

Edited by SPREX
Up date
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 12:41 PM, SPREX said:

they confirm to me that the price was 15,000 baht

No, the price is not 15,000. The ministry have set the ceiling price at that but the hospital have to calculate according true cost without revenue. The board must sign and agree on the price setting. At least that is the regulation.

But the hospitals are not willing to calculate the true cost because it is much simpler to set the price equal to ceiling price and much more beneficial to the hospital $$ 

Always ask the price at the hospital according there own price list, NOT the MoPH regulation ceiling price. Hospitals MUST publish there price list!

On 5/22/2020 at 12:23 PM, Sheryl said:

The prices here even for the highest tier are less than currently charged by most govt hospitals to all fee paying patients.  In other words these publications are largely ignored and do not reflect actual pricing  

Those govt  hospitals which see a large  volume of foreign patients have long had double pricing. Those which see few foreign patients don't bother

Not yet because a lot of hospitals have not yet introduced it but they will. Because the matter is complex, the hospitals go for the easy way and adjust there prices equal to the ministry ceiling prices. The king mongkut hospital has done exactly that! It is actually a violation of the regulation itself!

Edited by TheDutchEngineer