TM30 and Exiting Travellers Spending The Night At Airport

Far to many are fixated with a simple not complicated tm30.

Stop trying to over think things and make things out to be more complicated than they actually are.

If in doubt go to your local immigration and do a tm30 really really simple.

Not complicated well not untill the vast majority on here started to over complicate it in there own minds.

Obvious most have far to much time on there hands 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

Usually, if you're leaving Thailand, they don't care about TM-30s. It's only when you return, do 90 day reporting or try to extend a visa here that it makes a difference.

So you reckon he can get blacklisted if he's not doing a TM30 for his last night at the airport. And, who would be responsible for this TM30, immigration or the Airport Authority?

• Sad 1

Overstay and TM30 on arrival , is not the same thing. You pay overstay when you have overstayed your date in passport . TM 30 you do on arrival at your address. They do not check for TM30 on leaving Thailand wherever you have slept , airport , beach or condo.

I dont get people doing that. If you're flight is very early morning and you are on a finite budget just stay at Nasa Vegas (less than $20 on agoda) the night before then you can jump the airport train which is skywalked from the hotel. It's a bit of dump but clean bedding is better than filthy seats at swampy and some proper rest before a long hual flight is a nobrainer. No overstay fines for 1day over too if pushing up against the 30 day

Edited by airportq

2 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

So you reckon he can get blacklisted if he's not doing a TM30 for his last night at the airport. And, who would be responsible for this TM30, immigration or the Airport Authority?

I really can't believe the absolutely idiotic questions and comments made sometimes. After all the hundreds of posts about TM30's on multiple threads, someone asks if the Airport staff would fill in a TM30 for them if they stay on the airport chairs for a few hours before flying out..lunacy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, thainet said:

I really can't believe the absolutely idiotic questions and comments made sometimes. After all the hundreds of posts about TM30's on multiple threads, someone asks if the Airport staff would fill in a TM30 for them if they stay on the airport chairs for a few hours before flying out..lunacy.

'idiotic questions and comments made sometimes'

But are they ?   if you leave home for overnight = a New TM 30 right ?  

The only times I am away = 2 nights........  if going south then is the 20:00 VIP overnight Bus arrive next morning, spend the day with friends then catch the 21:00 VIP overnight Bus back home... If I go north mostly will take the sleeper Train leaving at 18:00 + the next night the overnight sleeper return.....   both trip are 2 nights, so where does the TM30 come in ?

20 minutes ago, ignis said:

'idiotic questions and comments made sometimes'

But are they ?   if you leave home for overnight = a New TM 30 right ?  

The only times I am away = 2 nights........  if going south then is the 20:00 VIP overnight Bus arrive next morning, spend the day with friends then catch the 21:00 VIP overnight Bus back home... If I go north mostly will take the sleeper Train leaving at 18:00 + the next night the overnight sleeper return.....   both trip are 2 nights, so where does the TM30 come in ?

You completely missed the point...He is flying out of the country. TM30 is for not for that purpose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thainet said:

1984, mate.

45 minutes ago, thainet said:

You completely missed the point...He is flying out of the country. TM30 is for not for that purpose.

I invite you to explain to us all what the "purpose" of the TM30 is. If you'd ask me I'd say: to fill some Orwellian thought vacuum...

Edited by KiChakayan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

There seems to be people thinking up different scenarios regarding TM 30.

who knows what they are going to come up with next,I was on an overnight

train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok....do I need a TM 30 off the train driver ????

regards Worgeordie

No, you'll need to see the conductor.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, thainet said:

I cant believe some people think some of the comments are meant to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Um, how is it even possible to "spend the night at the airport after passing immigration" without first getting your boarding pass? And to do this, the ticket counters for airlines open usually 3 hours prior to departure. Other times those ticket counters are empty. Please explain how you managed to somehow get through immigration and spend the night?

Perhaps on the way into Thailand, and sleeping in the baggage area?