Charter court refuses to lift Thanathorn’s duty suspension order

webfact

Charter court refuses to lift Thanathorn’s duty suspension order

Thanathorn-EC.png

Future Forward party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit has been dealt yet another blow with the Constitutional Court rejecting his plea to rescind an earlier court’s order suspending him from performing his duties as an MP.

According to the Constitutional Court’s bulletin, released today (Wednesday), the court had not found any change in behavior on the part of Mr. Thanathorn that would justify the court lifting the suspension.

The court suspended Thanathorn pending a ruling on a case in which he is accused of holding media shares at the time he registered his electoral candidacy.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/charter-court-refuses-to-lift-thanathorns-duty-suspension-order/

thaipbs.jpg

The court has found 'no change in behaviour on the part of Thanathorn'.

Says it all.

The only time the Thai Powers That Be will possibly accept Thanathorn into the fold is if he does a 1984-style grovel and prostration before them at their very feet and declares, with tears in his eyes: 'I LOVE Big Brother'.

But even then - they probably would not let him get within an inch of real power.

He is potentially far too dangerous to them.

As things stand, however, Thanathorn is absolutely powerless - without the active help of the millions and millions of Thai people.

I've given up waiting for that one to become a reality ...!

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, laocowboy2 said:

Lots and lots sadly

True, but I still think their halo will one day, hopefully very soon, will trip them up.

In fact there must be regular opportunities to challenge the PM and his gang, and it surprises me that either the PT folks or FF folks haven't already screamed 'foul'. Or are they waiting for a big fish to be caught on a big item to cause the most possible embarrassment to the PM and his gang. Just wondering if / whenlack of action/ poor action re the economy could be tried, or would it be better to aim for an even bigger slip up re policies / laws etc?

Edited by scorecard

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I said before that he’d be suspended and they’d drag it on for as long as they could. No need to officially ban him and risk the wrath of the public. Just keep him suspended until they can trump up a better case to charge him with.

New dizzying heights of corruption and abuse of power. 

Time is something they use as it suits them. Quick, slow or in-between. Depends on the desired outcome and whose involved.

But he didn't help by not declaring his assets on time to the NACC as required. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Time is something they use as it suits them. Quick, slow or in-between. Depends on the desired outcome and whose involved.

But he didn't help by not declaring his assets on time to the NACC as required. 

Neither did the 30+ other members who did the same. Or the PM who didn't comply with the law (you're thinking which time)

Don't try to BS me. I'm not stupid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PdJ100712 said:

Why is the Thai electorate inactive on rampant corruption and travesty of democracy? They are busy taking pictures of their food.

Why is the Thai electorate so inactive in the face of massive, incredible crimes by the faux-elite?

Because they don't care ENOUGH -  and en masse are not a valiant, warrior people.

Simple as that.

Now, let's take that next selfie of me and my 'delicious' lunch. Everyone has simply got to see this photo - otherwise the entire nation of Thailand and Thai life will collapse and lapse into eternal and unendurable boredom and pointlessness...!

Edited by Eligius