Sri Racha: Thai "tomboy" cons Cambodian couple out of 10,000 baht at ATM

webfact

Sri Racha: Thai "tomboy" cons Cambodian couple out of 10,000 baht at ATM

9pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Sri Racha police are investigating after a Cambodian man had 10,000 baht stolen from him by a Thai woman who offered to help him press an ATM. 

Sukneuay Phan, 23, was having trouble pressing the ATM and he needed 30,000 baht to pay hospital bills after his wife had given birth at a hospital. 

He enlisted the help of a 25-30 year old, tall "tomboy" who performed the ATM operation for him. 

She gave him 20,000 baht but she tricked him into believing that he had to wait ten minutes for the other 10,000 baht. 

In reality she had already pocketed the money and fled the scene. This was revealed when the hapless Cambodian returned to his wife at the hospital and discovered via SMS that 30,000 baht had been removed from the account. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-06
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I know I'm being harsh but W.T.F!! Either the guy is amazingly stupid or a liar.

100% correct!!!  Who in their right mind would let a stranger "help" them at an ATM??? (and even then not watch the cash come out???)  My bet is the "amazingly stupid" is your answer!!

• Like 1

He should not ask every Tom, <deleted>, and Harry. 

On a more serious note, adding the irrelevant "tomboy" element is clickbait BS. Thieves come in all shapes, sizes, and sexual orientations. Does it matter if they wore sneakers or sandals? 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

He should not ask every Tom, <deleted>, and Harry. 

On a more serious note, adding the irrelevant "tomboy" element is clickbait BS. Thieves come in all shapes, sizes, and sexual orientations. Does it matter if they wore sneakers or sandals? 

Of course it matters. Try running from the scene of the crime in sandals. Sneakers for every crime, I say.