Opposition to block UK PM Johnson's early election bid

rooster59

Once again, while trying to make us think he’s the next Churchill (conveniently forgetting that he’s just kicked Sir Winston’s grandson, Sir Nicholas Soames, out of the Tory Party), he called the Remainers “collaborators”. Presumably, that insult is also directed at both his brothers, Leo and Jo, his sister, Rachel, and his father Stanley.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7434617/Rachel-Johnson-says-Boris-member-family-thinks-Brexit-good-idea.html

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Basil B said:

That would be stalemate...

I think everyone (Brexiteers, Remainers and the EU), wants to see this issue resolved one way or another, as quickly as possible, until there is an extension there will not be a election, until there has been an election there is no way forward other than leaving by no deal default.

The only other way is another bill that forces Boris to revoke A50 on Oct 31st if their is no deal or another extension.  

As pointed out yesterday this nasty little snippet though up by a labour Govt after fuel refineries were blockaded in 2004 could be the white rabbit Boris is looking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

It was a vote put to the house and Labour had no intension of voting for it, I guess on orders from the 2 super Macs, Mcdonnell and McClusky. So just to apportion blame to one party is being overly biased to say the least, but I don't hold any grudges over this, infact I may put Corbyn back on my Christmas card list for saving us from Mrs Mays horrible deal, for without him the UK could have become a vassel state forever living under EU servitude.

Done my reading. 

The tory no dealers and their followers sabotaged their own party's deal. 

As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Labour is the opposition. They are under no obligation to support the govt as a party.

The tory no dealers and their followers sabotaged their own party's deal. 

As ye sow, so shall ye reap. 

I think you are being very unfair on Labour, credit should go to all parties that didn't vote for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think you are being very unfair on Labour, credit should go to all parties that didn't vote for it.

Nah, the no dealers and their acolytes own that accolade. 

They wanted brexit and yet they stopped it happening. 

And didn’t get expelled...

If they had supported their party and the deal they negotiated, you would have your brexit by now. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Not sure if Bernard Ingham had any influence on Mrs Thatchers decisions, he was classed as her press officer, she did take a lot of advice from Norman Tebbitt in the beginning (if she'd listen). But what is safe to say Maggie did what Maggie thought was best. In the end that was her downfall.

Campbell was much more of a hands on man and many say he did a lot to influence Tony Blair over the Iraq war, the rest is history. But to this day I still have to carry the burden of knowing that Campbell came from my home town.

Sadly that is also my Mother's Maiden Name and rememeber what the Campbells did to the McDonalds at Glenco.  We were always a bit wary of crossing her!!!!

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Belgium is one of those states.

However the good thing in this "horror" situation is, that the common people don't suffer from it, at least I haven't  any notion of it.

Should be interesting to read if another Belgian has some direct negative impact of the E.U. in his daily life.

We only have to obey to, and sometimes benefit from Belgian laws and reglementations.

As mention before I am a happy benefactor of one of these reglementation, so will be my widow, in due time.

Would be fair to say that is more down to your country more than the EU, when I die my widow gets nowt.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Yes indeed but it does not make it right to attempt to justify the current issues with that of the past. Neither acted  in the interests of the general populace irrespective of which party or policy you support.  Nor do I recall or find any evidence that Alister Campbell was directly attributed to the sacking of civil service staffers, unlike Dominic Cummings. 

But then maybe some Brexiteers logic is that unelected and unaffiliated appointments by the PM have the right to dictate policy and terminate government employees based on personal whims.  Which if that is the case is a sinister develop within the UK government IMO.

I think you'll find that Alistair Campbell was involved with gross sinister deeds rather than just sacking someone.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

Please provide the links to substantiate your accusations.

Irrespective of that the issue is about Dominic Cummings who is on the current UK government's payroll, and the behavior of the current PM,Boris Johnson, not historic governments, so please keep on subject.

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

Please provide the links to substantiate your accusations.

Irrespective of that the issue is about Dominic Cummings who is on the current UK government's payroll, and the behavior of the current PM,Boris Johnson, not historic governments, so please keep on subject.

Nor do I recall or find any evidence that Alister Campbell was directly attributed to the sacking of civil service staffers, unlike Dominic Cummings. 

You mentioned Campbell, how can I respond without doing the same?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Nor do I recall or find any evidence that Alister Campbell was directly attributed to the sacking of civil service staffers, unlike Dominic Cummings. 

You mentioned Campbell, how can I respond without doing the same?

You seem to be unaware of what You actually post, or have lost the plot, but allow me to remind you of your previous posts

• Titanium Member
  •  
  • vogie
  • Advanced Members
  • 7,806 posts
  •  
5 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Certainly lost the plot but it is very sinister indeed when unelected advisors appear to be running the governments policies ( and sacking people who are not sycophants) as can be witnessed by the apparent  antics of Boris and his team members all following Dominic Cummings instructions. 

All Prime Ministers have a political Svengali working for them, remember Alistair Campbell and Blair?

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think you'll find that Alistair Campbell was involved in gross sinister deeds than sacking someone.

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

Belgium is one of those states.

However the good thing in this "horror" situation is, that the common people don't suffer from it, at least I haven't  any notion of it.

Should be interesting to read if another Belgian has some direct negative impact of the E.U. in his daily life.

We only have to obey to, and sometimes benefit from Belgian laws and reglementations.

As mention before I am a happy benefactor of one of these reglementation, so will be my widow, in due time.

Exactly, that's the norm in the real world. People living their lives. Vassal state - load of BS.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, vogie said:

I believe the Chilcot enquiry exonerated Tony Blair, but I believe most people are not that naive to believe it, do you believe it ThaiBunny?

????

The Chilcot inquiry has delivered a damning verdict on the decision by former prime minister Tony Blair to commit British troops to the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/06/iraq-inquiry-key-points-from-the-chilcot-report

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

How long before "Leavers" brand Johnson and Cummings as traitors for failing to deliver what they want? Didn't take them long to turn on May and remember Johnson was really pro-EU before he saw an opportunity to further his career when offered the chance to head up the leave campaign.

May only clucked and chattered. She made no serious effort.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

May only clucked and chattered. She made no serious effort.

BJ has made no effort of any kind.

Brussels baffled by Boris Johnson's Brexit progress claims

PM says deal outline is nearly ready but EU says no backstop alternatives have been tabled

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/03/brussels-baffled-by-boris-johnsons-brexit-progress-claims

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

BJ has made no effort of any kind.

Brussels baffled by Boris Johnson's Brexit progress claims

PM says deal outline is nearly ready but EU says no backstop alternatives have been tabled

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/03/brussels-baffled-by-boris-johnsons-brexit-progress-claims

She had 3 years and did zip except screw everything up. Now Boris has effectively been stopped from doing anything. Have a coffee.

• Like 2