British lawmakers prepare court action to enforce Brexit delay

rooster59

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

He's just been slated for using that phrase by an Irish journalist who pointed out to him that the phrase has different connotations in Ireland due to the troubles. Facepalm for Johnson.

Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten, original name Louis Francis Albert Victor Nicholas, prince of Battenberg comes to mind 555.

And by the way, in all of Europe, "The Troubles" are called "The British civil war".

15 hours ago, Loiner said:

You buy me cola? My fren' tell you about European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 and my queen make law already.  

European Union (Withdrawal) (No. 6) Bill - him nooo good, same same Thailand govermen, Not proper law, ching ching.

Looks like Noi understands more than the average Remainer.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/06/house-lords-approves-bill-block-no-deal-brexit-10699603/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Parliaments create, amend and repeal laws all the time, as circumstances dictate. Doesn't it make sense that the same body that created the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 can also amend and repeal? Or do you lack basic understanding of how parliament works?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Parliaments create, amend and repeal laws all the time, as circumstances dictate. Doesn't it make sense that the same body that created the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 can also amend and repeal? Or do you lack basic understanding of how parliament works?

It can and will be done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Honest to God, I don't have a clue where you dig up that kind of nonsense. You need to realise that just because you refuse to listen to different views doesn't mean they don't exist.

https://www.economistsforfreetrade.com/News/brexit-could-boost-uk-economy-by-135-billion-say-top-economists/

*facepalm*

Hard brexiteers to a man.

33 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It exists and it looks like it's the only real way to get out.  

It doesn’t. There’s only “leave with May’s deal” and “leave without a deal”. And maybe there’ll be “leave with a disguised May deal” or “leave with a customs union arrangement”. But there is not such thing as just “leave”. So your referendum result is not applicable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Here's one that isn't. Stop making things up.

Yet again the same guy ?!?! Do you keep that link in your favourites to break out in emergencies ? 

So of the thousands of economists who have spelt out the U.K. future you’ve found one that disagrees ????????

At least you have confirmed your economical illiteracy. 

Edited by Bruntoid
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

No. John’s MP falls in this bracket:-

0782F42A-1370-40F0-8B4D-DE1DA298E414.png

You are completely correct of course, Donald and Boris ARE THE SWAMP. A swamp of lies and narcissism for a start. Boris is draining himself into a ditch, Donald is wondering how he managed to do it so quickly

1 minute ago, vogie said:

At least you have confirmed your economical illiteracy. 

You trying to bait me again Brutoid. I used it to prove remainers can be economical with the truth and have you tried contributing anything of value to the debate instead of attacking other members?

And spectacularly failed to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forethat said:

When making attempts to debate, do argue the facts rather than the origin of the message. My point was that not all agree. Now there's clear evidence to show that I was right. 

Again.

Your point that no all agree is undeniably correct. Not everybody agrees that the earth is a sphere.

Prof Minford though is a 24 carat looney, way of the spectrum, the Economist magazine politely tore him to shreds. Unfortunately I've lost the link, but it is probably easy to find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It doesn’t. There’s only “leave with May’s deal” and “leave without a deal”. And maybe there’ll be “leave with a disguised May deal” or “leave with a customs union arrangement”. But there is not such thing as just “leave”. So your referendum result is not applicable. 

Referendum result = leave (or just leave, if you insist).

Just leave = leave with, or without a deal. 

All applicable and legal right now.

• Like 2