Thailand worries mass tourism is bringing terrorism troubles

webfact

48 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Thai authorities have been struggling to monitor the whereabouts of foreigners.

Really!  Maybe they can make a case for GPS tracking devices for each foreigner...

Went to immigration yesterday...they have installed facial recognition for visa applicants...probably tied to a world's fugitive database...be advised if you have outstanding warrants in your home country.

Visa process for extension of stay at Udon Thani took about 20 min from time I handed over documents until I received back my passport with new 1 year extension...kudos to Thai lady who did my paperwork...????

Really....?

I was in Udon immigration about 10 days ago, & didn't see this. They've got a new fingerprint scanner though.

What does device look like, where in the office is it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Each visa position has a camera that looks like a big round black eye...part of the process is to get your pic even though you bring pictures...what could this possibly mean?   ????

This is the same system as when you enter at a border point, I'd imagine it checks the facial image against the original one, having said that, I don't recall whether or not my picture was taken last time I came in to BKK airport, fingerprints were taken, just don't remember if the IO took an image as well.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

what ?

TM30 

If I was coming to Thailand to do bad things I will of course fill in my TM30

what a pile of complete hogwash 

The most embarrassing thing I have ever seen in Thailand was when a senior IO was trying to explain and justify the need for TM30

You mean the guy that kept repeating "I am not stupid" convincing nobody, not even himself. 555

• Like 2

Each visa position has a camera that looks like a big round black eye...part of the process is to get your pic even though you bring pictures...what could this possibly mean?   [emoji848]

They have had these cameras at Khon Kaen Immigration for the last 6 years, but I guess the software may now have changed to link them to a National Crime database!

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1