Dynasat Satelite Problems?

jaideeguy

Maybe a somewhat related question to satellite and/or Dynasat from an old timer whose computer knowledge is really limited. With the correct hardware and using Dynasat and their dish, I can download data and convert it to TV programs...... Is there hardware and are there programs where I can do the same for internet connecting.....making it possible to tell Loxley, TOT, TTT, where they can put their service...

The Dynasat system is just for receiving satellite signals of TV and radio broadcasts.

There are systems to access the internet via a dish, but you still need a telephone connection to request each page, so I am afraid that you are stuck with a telco.

Maybe a somewhat related question to satellite and/or Dynasat from an old timer whose computer knowledge is really limited. With the correct hardware and using Dynasat and their dish, I can download data and convert it to TV programs...... Is there hardware and are there programs where I can do the same for internet connecting.....making it possible to tell Loxley, TOT, TTT, where they can put their service...

The Dynasat system is just for receiving satellite signals of TV and radio broadcasts.

There are systems to access the internet via a dish, but you still need a telephone connection to request each page, so I am afraid that you are stuck with a telco.

TOT Satellite. 2-way (no phone required). 256/128 costs 1,605 baht per month (inclusive of VAT). Good service.

My dealer just sent my F1 box to Bangkok for a hardware upgrade to work with the new codes. Anyone else know about this?

Hi If you have a computer and an RS232 cable u should be able to update the F1 Silver Box by yourself, provide you can get your hands on the update software that normally was posted on teh web. I have not been able to find the last update, but if you ask your dealer the web where the update is , you are in business.

Have fun,

My dealer just sent my F1 box to Bangkok for a hardware upgrade to work with the new codes. Anyone else know about this?

Hi If you have a computer and an RS232 cable u should be able to update the F1 Silver Box by yourself, provide you can get your hands on the update software that normally was posted on teh web. I have not been able to find the last update, but if you ask your dealer the web where the update is , you are in business.

Have fun,

The updates are in the links in messages 251 & 252 in the post before yours

My history to date with dynasat......

2 and a half years ago, I purchased my first dynasat F1 box and movable dish and had near a couple of years of at least 90% good signal....then signal started failing and my vendor suggested that i upgrade to the newest 'newshine' box. that worked for a couple of months and then needed upgrading every week or so. My vendor then suggested the ultimate box, the 'dream 500' and said that it would end all my problems........NOT!!! in the 2 months that i've had it, it's been down or in the shop most of the time and costing me lots of gas and time fetching it back and forth.

Now, i'm ready to UPGRADE MY VENDOR!! any suggestions for another vendor that speaks some english and actually knows his product. My vendor does neither , but he sells a lot of those fancy dream boxes. PM me and i'll tell you where not to go!!

just got my update card again on thursday and all good till today (saturday) mad frantic calls to sat office, with reply of whole dynasat codes down... :o

just when the rugby was going to start as well. :D :D :D :D :bah: :bah:

2 and a half years ago, I purchased my first dynasat F1 box and movable dish and had near a couple of years of at least 90% good signal....then signal started failing and my vendor suggested that i upgrade to the newest 'newshine' box. that worked for a couple of months and then needed upgrading every week or so. My vendor then suggested the ultimate box, the 'dream 500' and said that it would end all my problems........NOT!!! in the 2 months that i've had it, it's been down or in the shop most of the time and costing me lots of gas and time fetching it back and forth.

Now, i'm ready to UPGRADE MY VENDOR!! any suggestions for another vendor that speaks some english and actually knows his product. My vendor does neither , but he sells a lot of those fancy dream boxes. PM me and i'll tell you where not to go!!

Maybe we should make a list of good vendors and bad vendors. Post the list and show it to all the vendors. Then see what kind of service we get.

Maybe we should make a list of good vendors and bad vendors. Post the list and show it to all the vendors. Then see what kind of service we get.

good idea BUT dont think that will make much difference

Mine is still down and I'm still looking to UPGRADE MY VENDOR.

I don't think any kind of 'negative critisizm' would do here in LOS. the best we can do is to just quietly take our business elsewhere.....but WHERE??

In all fairness, I think the Phil [Aguila sat] is getting wise to us 'pirates' and scrambling and/or lowering their power output so as to block us here in the fringe areas of the footprint.

So, what to do now?? switch satelites or pay the 'big U'. i refuse to do the latter. Any other suggestions for an english speaking vendor that could explain our options, if any??

Mine is still down and I'm still looking to UPGRADE MY VENDOR.

I don't think any kind of 'negative critisizm' would do here in LOS. the best we can do is to just quietly take our business elsewhere.....but WHERE??

In all fairness, I think the Phil [Aguila sat] is getting wise to us 'pirates' and scrambling and/or lowering their power output so as to block us here in the fringe areas of the footprint.

So, what to do now?? switch satelites or pay the 'big U'. i refuse to do the latter. Any other suggestions for an english speaking vendor that could explain our options, if any??

Mine was down 1 hour before kick off on the Blues v Cheetahs game yesterday. Rung them straight away and told them I was going to see them in 5 mins. Took the card down to the shop and the guy was frantically trying to get the new codes done whilst I was waiting there. He couldnt get the codes but promised his staff would drop off the new updated card asap that day, which they did 1 hour later, so I missed 30 mins or so of the 1st half. Not too bad all in all.

hope you have more luck jaidee

dont we have the same installer?

evrything with the card seems to be ok BUT

my stb loses signal from 6-7pm now. It used to be from midnight. The only thing I could possibly see is the tree that is not too far from our dish had no leaves in the cold season has now spouted full. But this tree is NOT in line of sight from the dish to the heavens, just slightly below. Just when i was looking foward to the start of F1 yesterday :o

It was windy and very cloudy yesterday so maybe atmospheric conditions?

Anyone have any ideas before I give the tree a trimming?

Edited by Donnyboy

Dream TV is switching between up-dates ie May06, August 06, March07 etc. I have downloaded each up date (on my DM500) and when the decodered ceases to work I just switch to one of the up dates. I have had no problems and I have beed receiving the Dream network with no downtime at all. I suspect that people selling the DM 500 in Chiang Mai will have to come out everytime the up-date is required.

Dream TV is switching between up-dates ie May06, August 06, March07 etc. I have downloaded each up date (on my DM500) and when the decodered ceases to work I just switch to one of the up dates. I have had no problems and I have beed receiving the Dream network with no downtime at all. I suspect that people selling the DM 500 in Chiang Mai will have to come out everytime the up-date is required.

where did you get your Dream Box and support from?

Im sure you PM me once and will look, but others may want to know.

My stb- newshine has gone down again this afternoon. :o

this is getting ridiculous

• 3 years later...

There are a pile of help / how to videos for the obsolete Silverbox, F1, Angelbox, 7100, 7200 we just released on Youtube.com - search under jsattv (on youtube.com i.e http://www.youtube.com/user/jsattv )

Be aware we did these some 5/6 years ago where we gave them to each one of our customer on CD seems dynasat never provided any English support.

There are a pile of help / how to videos for the obsolete Silverbox, F1, Angelbox, 7100, 7200 we just released on Youtube.com - search under jsattv (on youtube.com i.e http://www.youtube.com/user/jsattv )

Be aware we did these some 5/6 years ago where we gave them to each one of our customer on CD seems dynasat never provided any English support.

You really must of had one hel_l of a great time at the bars last night, responding to a thread that is over 3 years old.:lol:

As good a thread as any to ask in..

Alongside UBC, what other commercial sats are worth picking up here ?? You cant get Astro I understand ??? Multichoice has changed its footprint.. So is it just aguila ??

Deciding whether to put in a secondary moving dish but hardly worth it for just Aguila.. Unless theres any HiDef on it ??

As good a thread as any to ask in..

Alongside UBC, what other commercial sats are worth picking up here ?? You cant get Astro I understand ??? Multichoice has changed its footprint.. So is it just aguila ??

Deciding whether to put in a secondary moving dish but hardly worth it for just Aguila.. Unless theres any HiDef on it ??

Dynasat is gone, it's busted. They took all the money and ran. All the rip off shops that were in the malls gone. For that mater most topics about Dynasat since it was a pirated provider were baned on Thia Visa. As for commercial satellite pick up? What you see is what you get.

Dynasat is gone, it's busted. They took all the money and ran. All the rip off shops that were in the malls gone. For that mater most topics about Dynasat since it was a pirated provider were baned on Thia Visa. As for commercial satellite pick up? What you see is what you get.

Dynasat is actually a brand of set top box. The F1 model had the capability to move dishes so was/is popular with people who view different satellites. Usually an additional box with a network connection is needed to get card sharing capability.

talk about Necoposting just love it , bring back memory :)

i am still using DSI but had lost a few of my Fav channel and my TREE is still blocking the signal whahhaaa

I may have sold my old system .:rolleyes: I understand the frustration of the farang for TV but we are screwed in northern Thailand.:lol: