PM encourages use of food carriers made of metal to reduce global warming

webfact

Nah, please don't tell me that he's learnt how to use GOOGLE SEARCH.....

Reminds me of some Mathayom two, or three students who were using plastic bags as condoms because they couldn't afford it to buy condoms, which gives the Thai words "Naam Pri_k" a totally different meaning.

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Nah, please don't tell me that he's learnt how to use GOOGLE SEARCH.....

Reminds me of some Mathayom two, or three students who were using plastic bags as condoms because they couldn't afford it to buy condoms, which gives the Thai words "Naam Pri_k" a totally different meaning.

Ha ha very funny post!

Thai Thai word for condom is tung yang anamai (ถุงยางอนามัย) which literally means rubber bag health.

16 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

The idea of using these containers is already in operation in a few countries.  However, those using it never got around to doing the weekly shop using them mainly because it is impossible to put large goods, such as a loaf of bread, large cans of fruit juice, among other things in them.  Tried it once in Japan and the bread was just not the same as it came out squashed.

'nuf sed.

He's confused but he's holding it !!!

I'm confused as to its purpose. It looks more like a lunch bucket to me than a replacement for a Tesco shopping bag!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

The only solution for the world's litter bugs is something that when it degrades is actually beneficial or harmless to the environment. 

Yes, Yellowboat. I think it would be much more sensible if a massive push were initiated towards the use of biodegradable bags. Much more convenient and practical. 

And as for 'metal containers': no doubt, in a couple of years' time, there will be a new 'scientific' scare - yet another one (remember 'Global Cooling' in the 1970s?) - saying: 'metal containers are destroying the world: the metal used has been found to emit a hitherto unsuspected toxic gas which not only trebles CO2 emissions but pollutes the lungs, destroys the health of the workers who mine and manufacture the metal, and wreaks havoc with the ozone layer and threatens all plant and animal life on earth'!

Things in this world are really becoming so extremist and crazy - and balanced, critical thinking has become a thing of the past ...

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Hemp bags, end of story.

That would be great if, they had a hemp industry to start with. IMOP Thailand should stop trying get medical ganja up and running. They simply are too far behind other countries. However hemp would be ideal here. There are so many products that can be produced using it. It could seriously be a way for farmers to earn GOOD money as opposed to bloody rice and onions. Harvesting 3-4 crops annually with less water and far less chemicals used.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I like the idea of food containers and have been thinking about buying one for the trips across the street, but I wouldnt carry it all day.

One way to solve this would be vendors renting them, you'd have to pay deposit of course. A new small biz opportunity for the street vendors.