Just reporting the TM30 experience...

2 minutes ago, fletchsmile said:

Great story ????

But seriously do your 90 days reporting online ????

I missed the window of opportunity...15 days before...cutoff at 7 days...I had 3 days left on previous 90 day report...I'm not sure how one shows the bank book 800k baht online...????

11 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It could also be called a facilitation fee or fast track fee like in passport applications one can wait 2 weeks or pay the fast track fee and get it in 3 days as is the case in OZ.

If you are lucky. I paid the 250 bucks fast track fee and still had to wait 2 weeks. 

All the tasks described by the OP, have always been standard AFAIK. When I moved into my friends condo,  he had to send signed copies of his passport, counter sign leases and give POA to an intermediary..Did it all the first week I moved in 4 years ago. The intermediary was an ex condo manger acting as an agent, doing all the running around etc. She charged 500 baht. It appears the OP was not well advised or supported by a knowledgeable person when he first movex in.

26 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Oh the joy of living in Hua Hin.  My annual renewal required no form filling (not even the application), automatic 90 day report and no mention at all of a TM30!!  Was in and out in around 15 mins.

As it is not your responsibility to file the TM30 (unless you are the owner of the place where you reside), it is well possible that the owner of your place DID file it.  The IO simply checks when they do the renewal paperwork whether your TM30 is on file, and if it is they will not query you about it.

Hua Hin not enforcing TM30 for annual renewals is possible (after all this is Thailand), but very unlikely as the provincial IO's are required to fill in a checklist that contains TMS30 compliance when doing extensions of stay.

5 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Judging by most posts on Thai Visa, including yours, everyone in Thailand should prioritize farang issues before all else. 

Advice from a closet organizer...(pun intended) ...

2 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

I missed the window of opportunity...15 days before...cutoff at 7 days...I had 3 days left on previous 90 day report...I'm not sure how one shows the bank book 800k baht online...????

Phuket after u get ur 1 year extension you have no need to show your bank book till NEXT year when you do your extension again>

They will check you kept it in 3 months after an never dropped below 400,000
IF your bank book shows you didn't keep required money in required time frame

extension refused!!

IF you miss the 15 -7 day before window for online, use the drive thru at Phuket..

As it is not your responsibility to file the TM30 (unless you are the owner of the place where you reside),

Yep;

BUT try and do anything at immigration without the up to date TM30 and see what happens<
You pay the fine or nothing gets done

PLUS New tm 30 is ONLY for when you travel out of the country,

if you stay away from your home, and register at a hotel, you now need file the TM28

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

As it is not your responsibility to file the TM30 (unless you are the owner of the place where you reside), it is well possible that the owner of your place DID file it.  The IO simply checks when they do the renewal paperwork whether your TM30 is on file, and if it is they will not query you about it.

Hua Hin not enforcing TM30 for annual renewals is possible (after all this is Thailand), but very unlikely as the provincial IO's are required to fill in a checklist that contains TMS30 compliance when doing extensions of stay.

I/we do own the property.  I've travelled to Koh Samed and Pattaya in the last few weeks so would have been registered by the hotels I stayed at.

Hua Hin imm. have long been known to have common sense in their dept.  TM30 has never been mentioned and others here have had the same experience.  Remember the extra personal info questions that used to be around the imm. offices.  Not in HH and even when asked at the time, their reply was that it wasn't imm. law.

Lived here for almost 20 years and can honestly say that I've always had first class treatment from the immigration here. I would guess that most residents here would echo that sentiment.

Yearly extension ----- around 15 mins complete with a duly stamped passport.

90 day report -------- 5 mins or less.  I've been in and out in a couple of mins.

Resident letter (for motorbike/car) --------- 30 mins.

I can't remember the last time I had to fill out a form.  Unless it's your first visit, most can be printed from their computer.

I'm sure there must be other imm. offices providing a decent service.  They can't all be like Chang Mai and the like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Showing your bank book is not required for 'staying over 90 day' reporting, either on line, nor in person. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Showing your bank book is not required for 'staying over 90 day' reporting, either on line, nor in person. 

According to IO...the 1st 90 day report after a new extension of stay will require proof of 800k baht still in Thai bank...not sure how you do that online unless they accept a screen shot of updated bank book...

22 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

According to IO...the 1st 90 day report after a new extension of stay will require proof of 800k baht still in Thai bank...not sure how you do that online unless they accept a screen shot of updated bank book...

There is no way to do that on-line. It is not mentioned. And why would it, not everyone doing a 90 day report is even on a retirement extension based on money in the bank. This 90 day report is often not even aligned with the renewal date, only ever on the first ever extension. 

At the moment I have heard of only 3 offices asking people to return after 90 days of renewal of extension (retirement based on money in the bank), to show they still have the 800k. But this is a separate requirement to reporting staying in the kingdom for 90 days. I like to think of them as very much separate and different entities. That said, a friend in Chiangrai was asked to do his 90 day reporting at the same time as renewal, so that next time, '2 birds with one stone' could be achieved. (Do both at the same time). But when he turned up, 3 months later, they had forgotten the idea and never even asked to see evidence of the money. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Which office told you that.

There is nothing in rules stating it has to be done.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 6:30 PM, Peter Denis said:

I suggest that you check out the TVF in the weeks before your extension is due, and enquire whether TM30 is actually enforced by your provincial IO.  Since the provincial immigration offices are now required to follow a checklist that includes TM30 compliance, for approving extensions of stay, chances are very slim your extension will be approved when no TM30 has been filed of your current residence on the day of your application.

Some TV-members suggested therefore to take a hotel the day before visiting the provincial IO, so that your TM30 is filed.  However, you would need to stay at the Hotel also the day of your visit, otherwise you will be 'checked out' on the day of your visit.  But not sure whether that would indeed work if the rest of your TM30 history for the past year was blank.

I did my 90 day report recently and there was no mention of the dreaded TM30. However I went again (Jomtien) a couple of days ago for a proof of residence. They asked why my TM30 had not been done. I just played dumb and said I had never heard of such a thing. The girl then tells me my landlord must fill out the form and sign. I told her I own the property and had been in the country this time for more than 2 years. At that time nobody told me about TM30. She then had a chat with one guy at the back and came back with a piece of paper and gave it to me. No fine. (Phew) I worked out that this was the receipt for TM30 even though I didn't fill out the form. She did however keep all the photocopies I had made for my proof of residence so I had to do them all again. So obviously they are now checking/enforcing TM30 at Jomtien. After all that they refused the proof of residence but that's another story.

Den

Edited by denby45
  • Like 2