Can transit visas be extended?

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

You posted in the CM forum, so maybe ubonjoe might not notice.

But he had a clear answer (No) recently:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1121064-transitvisa-extenstion-possible/?do=findComment&comment=14525119

Oops. You're right. Wrong forum. Okay, thanks for this answer.

I see this on EU ThaiEmbassy site (see bottom paragraph). I will ask at immigration to clarify.

Screenshot_20190911-163744-810x1710.jpg

Edited by happysanook

5 hours ago, happysanook said:

Gave a "tip" to allow the transit visa (via a 3rd party). 

Interesting, that seems to be a new money making scheme. Just a few weeks ago, from reports back then they routinely gave those they refused a SETV a transit visa instead (charging the official fee, 800 baht).

With a transit visa, you can only get the seven days to leave the country after an application for an extension is denied. I stand to be corrected, but I do not think you can even get the 60-day extension to visit your Thai spouse. Only a medical extension might be possible I believe.

36 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Interesting, that seems to be a new money making scheme. Just a few weeks ago, from reports back then they routinely gave those they refused a SETV a transit visa instead (charging the official fee, 800 baht).

It's very possible I paid the extra 1500 for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised. But seeing as how I didn't even realize that was an option until the agency told me, I suppose it was money well spent... 

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

I stand to be corrected, but I do not think you can even get the 60-day extension to visit your Thai spouse.

That extension could be done since it  is not based upon tourism.

A extension for medical treatment, litigation and etc could also be applied for.

I was at immigration CW a few days back and they had a counter... K22 I think... next to F2, that had written "Extension of stay for tourist visa, transit visa and visa exempt"... Must be possible else they wouldn't have that sign on the glass... But there are likely some conditions attached.

• Like 1