File TM30 at the airport?

Can you file a TM30 at the airport on arrival (not the Airport Immigration Office)? I have lived in the same place for almost 9 years.

The reason I ask is that I will be returning from Malaysia to Chiang Mai about 5:00 p.m. on Sunday and have to be at Bangkok Hospital at 8:00 a.m on Monday for a procedure that will keep me there overnight. I will get out on Tuesday but will not be mobile for a day or two after that. I'm thinking Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest to get to immigration and do the TM30. 

I have successfully registered to use the TM30 app but, alas, I have not received the username and password yet.

Any suggestions welcomed.

David

I have never been able to do this at the Chiang Mai airport. But the Chiang Mai immigration office is right next to the airport, so you can easily get a songthaew from the airport to there for not over 100 baht. Go to the 3rd floor of the Chiang Mai immigration office, and you can do it there. Wait time should be around 30 minutes on normal busy days.

5 minutes ago, Falconator said:

I have never been able to do this at the Chiang Mai airport. But the Chiang Mai immigration office is right next to the airport, so you can easily get a songthaew from the airport to there for not over 100 baht. Go to the 3rd floor of the Chiang Mai immigration office, and you can do it there. Wait time should be around 30 minutes on normal busy days.

Are they open at 5:30pm on Sunday?

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not possible to do a TM30 form at any airport.

You only need to do the report within 24 hours of arriving at your residence in Chiang Mai.

I thought that might be the case. Hopefully they will have a bit of leniency due to me being in the hospital and unable to report within 24 hours.

David

9 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

I thought that might be the case. Hopefully they will have a bit of leniency due to me being in the hospital and unable to report within 24 hours.

Section 38 clearly states within 24 hours of arrival at the residence.

25 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

David

If you are hospitalised the hospital should and will do your registration as the hospital is your address at that time.

When you are discharged from the hospital and return home you have to change your address registration to your home address within 24 hours.

Just now, ChouDoufu said:

staying at hospital overnight?

the hospital should do a tm30 then.

As soon your are hospitalised (staying overnight) more then 24 hrs the hospital will become your new address and has to be registered accordingly.

10 minutes ago, merijn said:

As soon your are hospitalised (staying overnight) more then 24 hrs the hospital will become your new address and has to be registered accordingly.

I think more hospitals don't do a TM30 report than those that do.

25 minutes ago, merijn said:

I did an overnight at Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai a couple of weeks ago. When I checked with them to see if they did TM30s for overnight stays, they had no clue as to what I was talking about. Wen't out the next day to CM Immigration and asked. They didn't know either. They checked their system and said nothing showed up for my stay but they did make a note that I had checked. If Bangkok Hospital did do it, it would make my subsequent reporting easier I think.

David

When I read a thread like this it reinforces what I thought and that is the people who should do the TM30 reporting don't or aren't i.e. hospitals, landlords, hotels etc. 

And then the people who pay are those that weren't reported i.e. Expats wanting a Visa extension.

So why does everyone say its stupid, I think it is an ingenious system for Thai Immigration.