Pattaya: One dead, one seriously injured after nightclub shooting

webfact

Pattaya: One dead, one seriously injured after nightclub shooting

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

One man is dead and another reportedly in a coma in hospital after a shoot out outside a popular Pattaya nightspot last night. 

The dead man is Anuwat Suksamran, 37, who has been cast as a "big player" in the Pattaya scene and who goes by the nickname of "Tee Lai Kor Phai". He was shot multiple times in the leg, chest and back and was also stabbed in the arm, reported Daily News. 

He died in Pattaya Memorial Hospital after trouble at the Teng See pub in the Rung Land housing estate in South Pattaya. 

news_xvfeWkgfBP115856_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Reportedly in a coma after a gunshot wound to the eye is Chatchai Srisen, 37. 

Police found the area outside the pub littered with 9 mm casings. 

Staff said that an argument developed at a birthday party attended by Anuwat. Security at the nightspot told him and people at another table to get out which angered Anuwat.

He reportedly started shooting at security first but was cut down himself in a hail of bullets. 

Police are studying CCTV and have two security men in their sights as being responsible for the death of Anuwat. 

Arrests are expected shortly with those responsible expected to give themselves up today.

Thai media spoke in general terms about the dead man calling him a "kha yai" in Pattaya. 

Source: Daily News | Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-12

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

You'd be surprised how many Thai men carry a gun in their man bag.

About 50% of the Thai guys I've met.

You mix in strange circles. I will stick to the relative safety of Go-Go-Bars, where the biggest danger is a padded bill or overly heavy companion. 

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

He reportedly started shooting at security first but was cut down himself in a hail of bullets. 

Pattaya experiencing an entirely new form of Boom Boom then.

And if he started shooting first then he got what he deserved, although those that shot him might be able to claim self defense, I am sure they will still have some explaining to do about why they were also armed. 

51 minutes ago, BestB said:

Indeed, it says popular nightspot, but it’s a dump in a dump of a Soi . Not only patron was armed but the guards  as well.

Yeah, I know the soi well, a friend d of mine is a manger of a small hotel that is almost in the picture. It's a tiny bar that's only attended by Thais in very small numbers.

"And if he started shooting first then he got what he deserved, although those that shot him might be able to claim self defense"....... I agree, self defense, fine the guards 200THB EACH for carrying a firearm if NO permit, 1 hour of community service.

Think of what COULD have happened if nobody ( security ) was not armed - how many people COULD have been killed or wounded. 

This is ONE time I approve of returning the violence.

1 hour ago, edwardflory said:

"And if he started shooting first then he got what he deserved, although those that shot him might be able to claim self defense"....... I agree, self defense, fine the guards 200THB EACH for carrying a firearm if NO permit, 1 hour of community service.

Think of what COULD have happened if nobody ( security ) was not armed - how many people COULD have been killed or wounded. 

This is ONE time I approve of returning the violence.

Could be said that the guards have already performed their "Community Service"

6 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Exactly. The influence of modern American culture on Thailand. First we had that hip-hop nonsense in Mixx, now this.

Bringing America into this is irrelevant unless you can provide causal relation data from a searchable source. Comments such as yours are easily made, but supporting them is another matter to those ill prepared.

7 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

And if he started shooting first then he got what he deserved, although those that shot him might be able to claim self defense, I am sure they will still have some explaining to do about why they were also armed. 

It's not entirely new at all.

7 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

press sort news by date, and later press the last page available, and you will see shootings was often, along with armed robberies, stabbings, attacks, and many many cases against tourists

Archived