Bercow promises 'creativity' to ensure PM Johnson obeys Brexit delay law

snoop1130

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I think we all, leavers and remainers, can get behind that one.

Absolutely. Whilst a lot of people get very boiled up about this issue, I think the ones getting off the hook are the MPs. People have short memories about expenses scandals, and I ask Remainers, do you really believe they are not trying to sabotage Brexit for their own self-interest and personal fortunes? Really?!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CaptainNemo said:

Absolutely. Whilst a lot of people get very boiled up about this issue, I think the ones getting off the hook are the MPs. People have short memories about expenses scandals, and I ask Remainers, do you really believe they are not trying to sabotage Brexit for their own self-interest and personal fortunes? Really?!

I'd really hoped that people wouldn't make a political point out of this comment, but I suppose it was to much to ask of a Brexiteer as valid points are very thin on the ground for them.

The Tory MPs who voted down May's deal sabotaged Brexit. Had they voted with the government, we would have left the EU at the end of March. They did this for their own self interest and personal fortunes. Look no further than Reece-Mogg's hedge funds which stand to make him a considerable fortune if Britain crashes out of the EU.

They are the real self-serving "traitors", a word Brexiteers like to use, not the opposition. Maybe May should have removed the whip from them and expulsed them from the party when they refused to follow the whip. Absolute hypocracy from Johnson to twice vote against his prime minister then remove the whip from 21 tory MPs for doing exactly the same.

No MP comes out of this smelling of roses but if you are going to put a bomb under parliament, make sure that it's planted under the government benches.

24 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No MP comes out of this smelling of roses but if you are going to put a bomb under parliament, make sure that it's planted under the government benches.

Funny you should say that. The last git who came up with a similar idea plotted his plan influenced by interests governed abroad. I thought I'd mention that in relation to any speculations regarding in which camp bombing perpetrators are usually found. 

23 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Funny you should say that. The last git who came up with a similar idea plotted his plan influenced by interests governed abroad. I thought I'd mention that in relation to any speculations regarding in which camp bombing perpetrators are usually found. 

Usually? How many plots have there been to blow up parliament? As you are TV's very own Sir Humphrey, do tell.

15 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Usually? How many plots have there been to blow up parliament? As you are TV's very own Sir Humphrey, do tell.

Granted, people are prone to indulge themselves in all sorts of recreational activities. I am, however, confident this is not the right forum to exchange views on your free time activities.

20 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Yes making a "Boris" rather than a "Guy" would be a piece of cake.  A sack of rotting potatoes and a mop head should do it.

Naaa - it would look too much like an IRA hezbollah loving white people hating CORBYN!!

20 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Congratulations for winning 17.4 million votes in a manipulated opinion poll. Too bad it’s a paper tiger worth nothing. But keep celebrating. At least until the next extension. 

manipulated hahaha what a jerk  err i mean joke????

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I'd really hoped that people wouldn't make a political point out of this comment, but I suppose it was to much to ask of a Brexiteer as valid points are very thin on the ground for them.

The Tory MPs who voted down May's deal sabotaged Brexit. Had they voted with the government, we would have left the EU at the end of March. They did this for their own self interest and personal fortunes. Look no further than Reece-Mogg's hedge funds which stand to make him a considerable fortune if Britain crashes out of the EU.

They are the real self-serving "traitors", a word Brexiteers like to use, not the opposition. Maybe May should have removed the whip from them and expulsed them from the party when they refused to follow the whip. Absolute hypocracy from Johnson to twice vote against his prime minister then remove the whip from 21 tory MPs for doing exactly the same.

Do you support the IRA i wonder? Corbyn does by the way!!

1 minute ago, bizboi said:

Do you support the IRA i wonder? Corbyn does by the way!!

No he doesn't. He shares my view that although their cause was just, their method of achieving those aims was anything but. He is a pacifist and deplores violence. However, once the peace accord was signed he saw that the best way to maintain the peace was to embrace and have discourse with both sides.

A view that HM the Queen shares.

image.png.29e3c2f089765584c0cfd8b8f2930a13.png

The speaker for all the world to see is 100% biased. Considering his position and obligations to ALL in the house he should be sacked. Perhaps someone up high has whispered in his ear to retire with honours NOW....He took the advice, it seems..

32 minutes ago, transam said:

The speaker for all the world to see is 100% biased. Considering his position and obligations to ALL in the house he should be sacked. Perhaps someone up high has whispered in his ear to retire with honours NOW....He took the advice, it seems..

I dont remember voting for him, along with the other 14 million people,

19 minutes ago, Slip said:

Once again you show your ignorance of these matters with a vapid post.  I don't like to have to repeat myself, but sometimes it is necessary for those who struggle to understand basic matters of civics.

you don't have to repeat yourself

as far as I can see on this thread nobody has requested repeats

maybe keeping your wisdom from being repeated is better, might save it from being diluted

2 hours ago, Slip said:

Once again you show your ignorance of these matters with a vapid post.  I don't like to have to repeat myself, but sometimes it is necessary for those who struggle to understand basic matters of civics.

To disagree with the party is to disagree with the government, and hence, the country, and is thus to be a traitor. Even when the party disagrees with the parliament and itself. The sooner parliament is replaced with an anarchist-cynicalist commune, the better.

I honestly believe we are still at the Monty Python stage, yet to reach Benny Hill

On 9/14/2019 at 9:59 AM, bizboi said:

Brexiteers DID win 17.4 million of them!!

That was then when a few months before we had Cameron as PM, Milliband as opposition leader and Clegg leading the libdems. Cameron had a majority of 12 (15 if you include Sinn Fein). But things change and 17.4 million then, may not be 17.4 million today, but we must accept that nothing changes and everyone agrees with everything they thought 3 years ago. I guess the next move is to scrap general elections as a decision was made in 2017, so we don't need to have another one, ever!

2 minutes ago, mrfill said:

That was then when a few months before we had Cameron as PM, Milliband as opposition leader and Clegg leading the libdems. Cameron had a majority of 12 (15 if you include Sinn Fein). But things change and 17.4 million then, may not be 17.4 million today, but we must accept that nothing changes and everyone agrees with everything they thought 3 years ago. I guess the next move is to scrap general elections as a decision was made in 2017, so we don't need to have another one, ever!

Doesn't matter what party a voter followed, the vote was to bail out or not the EU...

35 minutes ago, transam said:

Doesn't matter what party a voter followed, the vote was to bail out or not the EU...

If you're so confident that no-one has changed their minds, there is nothing to fear from a confirmatory vote on the known options, as leave should clearly win again. And a GE is not the way to proceed as that covers too many other issues of greater importance like taxation, defence, NHS, education etc. There again, an up to date confirmatory vote would be rejected by leavers if they lost. Basically, whichever way you go will be the wrong way and that is the current problem.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:47 PM, mrfill said:

general elections are held every 4 years , referendums are only held once

2 minutes ago, mrfill said:

If you're so confident that no-one has changed their minds, there is nothing to fear from a confirmatory vote on the known options, as leave should clearly win again. And a GE is not the way to proceed as that covers too many other issues of greater importance like taxation, defence, NHS, education etc. There again, an up to date confirmatory vote would be rejected by leavers if they lost. Basically, whichever way you go will be the wrong way and that is the current problem.

That is why the original vote MUST be respected....No, if's, and's, or but's because Westminster flushed everything up...

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

general elections are held every 4 years , referendums are only held once

I think you'll find that general elections now take place every 5 years because of the Fixed Term Parliament Act - the very act that prevented a general election recently as it requires 2/3 of MPs to agree to an early election.

And where does it say referenda are only held once?

On 9/15/2019 at 11:11 PM, mrfill said:

I think you'll find that general elections now take place every 5 years because of the Fixed Term Parliament Act - the very act that prevented a general election recently as it requires 2/3 of MPs to agree to an early election.

And where does it say referenda are only held once?

There would be no point in having referendums (with the same question) , if you had more than one

8 hours ago, transam said:

Hey, I don't like being called ignorant, do it again and I will report it...

Report away.  You may note that the post below yours is from a mod informing us that some posts had been removed, and yet mine was left to stand.

You would further note if you were paying attention, that I did not call you ignorant in an insulting way, but commented on your 'ignorance of these matters'.

I did make one mistake though- I had made a decision not to respond to your uninformed trolling, and I messed up.  Mea culpa.  I won't be making the same mistake again henceforth.  Troll on- we can all see it for what it is.

5 hours ago, transam said:

That is why the original vote MUST be respected....No, if's, and's, or but's because Westminster flushed everything up...

The referendum was implemented by the government, but sunk by rebels in the Tory Party. Good job, Boris!

12 hours ago, Slip said:

Report away.  You may note that the post below yours is from a mod informing us that some posts had been removed, and yet mine was left to stand.

You would further note if you were paying attention, that I did not call you ignorant in an insulting way, but commented on your 'ignorance of these matters'.

I did make one mistake though- I had made a decision not to respond to your uninformed trolling, and I messed up.  Mea culpa.  I won't be making the same mistake again henceforth.  Troll on- we can all see it for what it is.

So now my input is Trolling, strange 99% of my posts still stand eh. Never mind, you are just another remainer foot stomper, calm down chap.

Archived