life in Thailand-still sweet?

jastheace

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

I hate it here.

It was very good until the (deleted) opposite turned his front yard into a work shop.

One (deleted) has  made my life totally miserable.

Happiness in LOS is not buying property, so one can move when the (deleted) opposite turned his front yard into a work shop.

That's been so as long as I've been visiting Thailand ( many decades ).

OP, yes, life was sweet when I spent holidays in LOS, and then I got married to a Thai girl and ruined it all.

Not for her I'd still be living the life I dreamed of.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

I here you and sympathise especially having children.

Perhaps if the air quality issue becomes too intolerable you could consider relocating within Thailand, I know thats not easy but surely would be preferable to "exit stage left" and more a case of "re-postion stage right" ????

All the best, cant be an easy decision either way, thats for sure.

Yes, thanks for that, been a thought in the back of my mind, probably Hua Hin or just outside of Phuket, near Karon/Kata/Nai Harn/Rawai, either way, no doubt it will be done by pulling straws, or little strips being pulled out a hat with the names of all the places we are considering, including back to Sydney ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibutty said:

I don't hate it here. But I don't love it either. It's become a boring normality to be here. If I wouldn't have a house, family and kids who go to school here I'd be long gone. I'd love to spent half my time away from Thailand, maybe somewhere in Southern Europe, to be able to appreciate the good sides of being in Thailand again, but given current circumstances that ain't gonna happen for the next decade or so.

Too many reports like this.

So, your family is a huge burden on your life and prevents you from doing what you truly want?

Sounds very very sad would not personally want to live my life in that manner.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I think the base differences we have between you and me are purely location based, you are city-mouse and me country-mouse ???? so I don't have the traffic/driving issues etc some of the pluses to being in the boonies.

Oh no no, sorry if I give that impression. I'm a country boy and live in the country here, well away from the two Cities that I live between.  It's 40 km from Pattaya and 30 km from Rayong. All I can hear are birds and of course, Mrs P talking to her Mum for hours at a time, but I blank that out after so many years of hearing it. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

mine are the same. 5-10 minutes for 90 days reporting. one hour a year for retirement extention of stay. that is the sum total of all interaction with immigration. throw in travel time and a bank letter maybe 3 hours a year dealing with immigration. 

But "we"  are  lucky with our  local  office aren't we.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1