Elon Musk says 'pedo guy' tweet did not suggest British cave diver was pedophile

webfact

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dukeleto said:

Because Musk apologised but unsworth went ahead with the law suit anyway which indicates an apology was not enough and wants monetary gain ergo the term gold digger.

Personally I think both of them are childish with inflated egos. 

Childish Trapped Kids Cave Rescuer - is that what you are saying? No one will call me such disgusting names on a World Wide WEb and get away with it 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"'Pedo guy' was a common insult used in South Africa when I was growing up," Musk, 48, who was raised in Pretoria, said in a court filing. "It is synonymous with 'creepy old man' and is used to insult a person's appearance and demeanour.

Well, dude, you did use this insult on a person who grew up in the UK, where this is synonymous with child molestation, also btw in the rest of the world (except maybe SA)... 

So, you can stick this "justification" next to your submarine and decide which hurts you more.

Sorry for your sh*t mussky, I too grew up in Johannesburg, not far from Pretoria and I had never ever heard the term pedo guy used by anybody from Pretoria, Johannesburg, Orange free State nor the Cape Province region.

You will pay big money and your reputation for your name calling and insinuations, batterry man.

2 hours ago, Card said:

Who is a gold digger and what evidence do you have that this case was taken out purely for monetary gain? 

I think if somebody called you a by a defamatory name you would respond in a completely likewise manner

Because Musk apologised but unsworth went ahead with the law suit anyway which indicates an apology was not enough and wants monetary gain ergo the term gold digger.

So if somebody stamps on your foot on purpose and then says sorry your view is that that is ok, your comment on Mr Unsworth ego is somewhat sad, lets not forget what Mr U did to save those lads and not forgetting the life lost in the process

Unsworth insulted Musk on international CNN News interview. (should Unsworth apologize?)
Musk retaliated made the Pedo Guy comment on Twitter and then immediately deleted it that shows he must have regretted it he also made a public apology.
Unsworth couldn't accept the apology made a big media show out of it even his mother giving interviews with Tabloid news papers.
He could have left it and it would all have just gone away.
You don't think Unsworth got paid for his CNN, THE SUN and other media interviews.
Now he's suing Musk that's gonna be in the spotlight again if he goes to the US even the Americans will recognise his face. Why?

Because of the media show what's been made out of it.
Hopefully they include this in the Film.

1 hour ago, alan grice said:

Well i think the poster suggests Unswort wouldn’t have sued a Bar Girl that called him something he didn’t like.!.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A bar girl calling you pedo results in 10 people hearing it. Elon Musk calling you a pedo results in millions of millions of people hearing it. Many people look at him as some sort of infallible demi-god, so challenging him on <deleted> like this and making him eat his words is kind of important if you don't want to be known as "pedo guy" for the rest of your life.

Yeah, but people listen to and idolize Musk and words kinda have meaning...

Regardless of what he says the intent was today, Musk knew exactly what he was doing. You can't just bandy words about for the hell of it. Don't like it, then use different words. 

I mean, it's not like Musk doesn't have a quite exceptional brain and is limited in those he could've used. Ergo, he chose to use the ones he did and, without proof, that's going to have consequences. I can't say that if he didn't know that then he's not as clever as he claims to be because, as we all know, that's untrue.

Sure, on occasion, we all do stupid things, but when you're in the public eye, don't be such an idiot.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Linn Wood lives for libel cases and he only takes the best. Musk will settle before trial.

This is his twitter page which includes reference to both Unsworth and Musk: https://mobile.twitter.com/llinwood?lang=en

This is his profile:

https://profiles.superlawyers.com/georgia/atlanta/lawyer/l-lin-wood/16b0ae3a-ba59-48e7-af51-4c6e7f71ea36.html

I don't know about anyone else, but I personally would not take it lightly if someone called me a pedo on the media, for everyone to read, in fact I would be absolutely livid and yes I would very much want to redress the insult and in an equally public way to redress the malicious slur on my character.

2 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

But Musk didn't apologise to Unsworth... He apologised to his shareholders for making the comment.  And then he doubled down with his later comments which was totally stupid of him - even if he did have "evidence" from a PI.

Anyone with an ounce of brain should know that in Thailand, anyone will say whatever you want if you pay them enough. 

1 hour ago, randy723 said:

If someone called me a pedo i would do more that sue them when i saw them and it WOULD NOT BE TO JUST SHAKE HIS HAND i like you say 

IF , someone called you a pedo while standing in front of you ok. Even if you were a pedo it would be the best action to take . But when 1 important chap who knows the caves and is on a recue mission and is confronted by a wealthy tesla important figure in the world who knows <deleted> all about caves meet it becomes an international incident not a time for fisticuffs or dueling pistols.

4 hours ago, Meddle said:

Musk does seem like an arrogant c*ock but for once it'd be nice to see the gold diggers lose ; )

And how else, would you stick it to man like musk who clearly believes he is not accountable for his words for being purposely hurtful? 

To not be seeking finacial recompense or vindication in this situation would be just plain stupid. 

And let's not overlook that this 'gold digger' spent days at risk in order to save strangers from what would have been certain death.

Power to him I say. 

Comment from Jonathan Head:

It is absurd to offer a defence that he never meant to imply that Vern Unsworth was a paedophile and then admit to hiring a detective to find evidence that he was. Musk just keeps digging deeper into his hole.

The above comment is reference to an article from the Bangkok Post which I can't post.

10 hours ago, Chazar said:

Two of a  kind, he  had  no need  to mention shoving it up what he clearly  meant was  Musk's ass and there was  no need for the Paedo  comment, case  dismissed  stop being a pair of pratts and shake  hands.

There’s a huge difference in being simply rude and accusing someone on public media of being a perpetrator of one of the most heinous crimes imaginable. That’s why being rude is perfectly legal but the other is libel ,subject to defamation charges.That Musk is a public figure only exacerbates his libel. Taking it to trial will only make it much more expensive for Musk.

3 hours ago, shackleton said:

Sick of reading about the pair of them and their insults 

hopefully the pending case in America will finally resolve it one way or the other 

If you are sick of reading about the pair of them and their insults, why were you reading the page and even commenting on it?

37 minutes ago, justin case said:

so to be clear, the diver could say the tesla submarine kind of thing, he could shove up his <deleted>, but than he barked back and little person wants money for defamation

Yes. Exactly. 

If you cannot see the difference of degree in an opinion on musk's offer of help and it's viability (albeit rudely phrased) and a flat out accusation of gross sexual misconduct against children, you are either being purposely obtuse or have a moral blindspot that requires further investigation

Archived