Do you like Thai people?

Yinn

4 minutes ago, Roadman said:

Just read your opening post. Didn’t read anything else but came straight to the last page and see you are still posting.

Welcome sir.

One thing I did read with interest was your comment that a lot of us westerners don’t like Thai males. My thoughts.

I have a lower opinion of Thai males than most, nah let’s be honest all other nationalities on this planet. Out of all the Thai males in our family in Thailand there are two that I happily spend time with as they are family guys who value their wives and children. The rest including deceased father in law, uncles and my wife’s brother and cousins are all scumbag boozers, thieves, cheats and general lowlifes.

Sound like Ike a bad family.

Where you meet your wife?

Outside of Thailand in the western country where we live which is now home to my wife and her two daughters (now mine as their treasured and loved only Dad) my opinion of Thai males is even less. Here my daughters have been raised with my western values but given there is a Thai community everywhere in the world there is still a cling to that community for most immigrated Thais. My oldest daughter has lived within that Thai community here and accordingly dated Thais only here on university visas. As a western father guiding a daughter through dating young Thai males further confirms what scumbags most of them are.

But your daughter prefer them right? If not prefer, she will date other country guy.

Not saying that there aren’t young male western scumbags too but in percentage Thais males take the cake. It was with a peaceful relieve when in her early twenties she changed over to bi and has now found what I see as her perfect partner for life in a Thai female who sees the stunning beauty she is beyond just her looks and committed to her and only her.

If she happy, that good.

Thankfully again as a Dad our youngest daughter never showed any interest in Thai males and has become very western in her values, and has a wonderful kiwi guy in her life who values her and her only.

Point is when Thai matriarchs think their sons <deleted> don’t stink and the little pricks get away with everything that Thai daughters don’t then you have a problem in your society.

So you blame the thai woman for that right?

And it shows in their teen years and is accepted with the rancid behavior of older Thai males both here and in Thailand as the example to teen males. I see the same different standard with the nieces and nephews in our Thailand families. The girls are busting their butts to achieve while most of the boys are already lazy  little pricks who I would love to give a good boot up the backside. 

Some people.

It’s no wonder that most westerners in your opinion have such a low opinion of Thai males.

I not say that. 

As a western father of two beautiful Thai daughters I see a lot of Thai males as the lowest pits of choice in this world. And your society over the generations has allowed that standard. On the other hand I think most SEAsian women are the sweetest, most caring and most industrial women that a guy could be blessed to have in his life. 

Yes, we care/sweet to much. We are the best! Thankyou 

make the man bad....

Good luck your life.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The title reminds me of the time Eminem was asked by the press if he hated women. 

His reply was "I love women,  I just hate the ones I've met "

Do I like Thais?  Of course as long as you are family or friend,  Otherwise I don't care less. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 9:37 AM, DannyCarlton said:

That is something I fail to understand about Thai people. The majority that I have met are very racist. My wife says terrible things about Cambodians, it really upsets me as I used to have a Cambodian girlfriend and spent the best part of a year in Cambodia. I know what lovely people they are. Also say bad things about people from Myamar and India. People with black skin (Africans) will get shouted at, "Oh, dam dam" even when they can be heard.

It doesn't end with foreigners, Central Thai people say bad things about people from Issan and look down on them. Thailand is probably the most racist country I've been to.

But the thing that really puzzles me is Thai religious tolerance. I used to live next door to a Thai Christian family and they were fully accepted by everyone. I live amongst a lot of Thai Moslems, I sit in my garden in the morning and listen to the calls from 2 different Mosques near me. Even though you have problems in Southern Thailand, I see no animosity towards Thai Moslems. I come from a country that has had serious problems with Moslems and I admit that I have occasionally said negative comments about Moslems. My wife gets angry with me every time and asks me not to say bad things about Moslems. OK for her to say bad things about Cambodians though.

I've spent years trying to understand the Thai psyche regarding race and religion and have completely failed. Help!

My girlfriend's mom is pushing 65 and told me a "Northern Thai Joke" as she called it. 

More of a motto or statement I suppose. 

"If you are outside with your gun and you see a snake and an Indian you shoot the Indian first"

My jaw was on the floor. 

From what I've personally seen many of them are fearful of the khmer because of "black magic" my girlfriend had never been to Cambodia and when we went recently she absolutely adored it.

3 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

My girlfriend's mom is pushing 65 and told me a "Northern Thai Joke" as she called it. 

More of a motto or statement I suppose. 

"If you are outside with your gun and you see a snake and an Indian you shoot the Indian first"

My jaw was on the floor. 

From what I've personally seen many of them are fearful of the khmer because of "black magic" my girlfriend had never been to Cambodia and when we went recently she absolutely adored it.

The snake and an Indian joke is also popular among the ethnic Malays in Malaysia. The ethnic Chinese in Malaysia stereotype the Indians as drunkards, wife-beaters, gangsters and liars. Ethnic Indians make up around 7% of Malaysia's population, but 60% of the prison population are ethnic Indians.

5 hours ago, Selatan said:

As a Chinese Malaysian, I'm interested to know if the farangs here consider Thai Chinese males as lazy scumbag lowlifes as well.

Thai Chinese males (Thai Chin) are primarily the ruling elite in Thailand, as in Malaysia in the past. They control the government, most businesses and the Thai mafia. Both Taksin and Prayut are Thai Chin.

Not particularly regarded as lazy, certainly not lowlifes, but definately scumbags of the highest order. The source of virtually all of Thailand's problems.

Edited by DannyCarlton

The OP reads like someone looking for negativity on a forum mainly for farangs....????

OP should learn that we are all different and so can look at things in different ways.

You should step back and ignore the things you don't like said about LOS.

I am sure if you went to my country you would find many things you don't like, and one of them is folk there are not particularly friendly..????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Thai Chinese males (Thai Chin) are primarily the ruling elite in Thailand, as in Malaysia in the past. They control the government, most businesses and the Thai mafia. Both Taksin and Prayut are Thai Chin.

Not particularly regarded as lazy, certainly not lowlifes, but definately scumbags of the highest order. The source of virtually all of Thailand's problems.

Politicians? To me, all politicians in Malaysia, whether they are Chinese, Malays, Indians, Ibans, Kadazans etc. - they are all scumbags, the source of all Malaysia's problems.

3 hours ago, Selatan said:

Politicians? To me, all politicians in Malaysia, whether they are Chinese, Malays, Indians, Ibans, Kadazans etc. - they are all scumbags, the source of all Malaysia's problems.

The whole world, politicians are scum.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:02 AM, RedPill said:

Well, I take the load with you on my shoulder for a moment.

Yenn, I don't think it has anything to do with the farangs. 

It's more the girls among each other have this kind of white skin competition going on between them.

At least, that's what I gathered listening and looking around ... no offense really, it just gives the impression.

For most farangs, there is no need to do this.

Maybe they are hoping to marry a Thai Chinese, Korean or a Japanese?
So far, almost all the Thai wives that I have seen that Chinese Malaysian have taken have fair skin. Also the reason why Vietnamese brides are popular among Singaporean and Malaysian men.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Almost all are Malay.

We have a 2-party system now. More accurately, a two-coalition system. Each coalition has its own Chinese-dominated party. For example, the current ruling coalition, Pakatan Harapan, has the Chinese-dominated Democratic Action Party. Whereas the previous ruling coalition, Barisan Nasional, has the Chinese-dominated Malaysian Chinese Association.

So, we too have Chinese-scumbag politicians.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 1:16 PM, rumak said:

usually.   except at poty time of year   ????

If you read the quote in the OP, you see the negative not come from me.

NOT MY WORD.....

Thailand. Such a boring, repetitive place. 

They most definitely deserve whatever outcome befalls them. And, I knew the smiles were fake from day 1.

The Thais, as much as I generally don't like them, have an impressive imperviousness to outside influence.

I love seeing them suffer. They bang on incessantly about how great it is and how proud they are to be Thai 

Another common character trait I dislike about Thailand. 

I don't have a superiority complex.
I have superiority.
I am superior. 

I handle this by ensuring my life in Thailand involves as few of them as possible, and this keeps me sane, and relatively happy. 

For me, their arrogance is too much to bear.

Pathetic Thai-ness!

Never forget you have your own culture and customs, many of which are far superior. 

Thais are either too cowardly or simply don't care about right vs wrong and have no moral compass. 

I can hardly tolerate most Thais I have encountered. 

While I would love to 'revolt', we all know we farang won't. We don't do revolts well. We'd rather tear down other farang rather than supporting each other. 

If there was ever a population that deserved to be perpetually exploited, some might say Thais deserve it for their lack of will to shed blood for what is right. 

There is almost NOTHING NICE of high quality in Thailand, human or otherwise.

Most of the normal Thais aspire to the same standards. They care only about wealth and power.

Image distortion is a mental illness that most of Thailand suffers from.

Who would expect him, or even an average Thai civilian, to care about criminality,

The reality likely that an extremely high percentage of nationals deeply dislike you just for the color of your skin or the country you come from. 

Typical Thainess

Thainess example 107

In other words, Thainess 

They are such clowns, the lot of them.

The ONLY good reason to learn Thai is to protect ourselves from the pervasive Thai predatory environment.

Learning Thai certainly helps in many aspects of Thailand life. 

It's intellectually stagnant. In fact, one might say it's anti-intellectual. 

Thailand is a horrid place to raise children 

It's one of the reasons I can't tolerate the people.

Farang who care about their biological children are wise to avoid socializing the children in Thailand. 

Arrogantly run all the people away, then, while wearing smug, fake smiles, whore the country out again, begging for them to come back and spend money. 

We Farang really need to stop being so compassionate with these people.

I really wish they would just have REAL pride and state their disgust of farang and ban all of us. I could respect that. 

Thais, however, are notorious for not being able or being unwilling to pay medical bills. 

I hate most things about Thailand, and I have more money than I can spend easily in my remaining years. And I love complaining, too. Since I love to hate the place, I'm planning to stay and complain. 

Thais will continue to be xenophobic and closed off as much as possible to foreigners. 

Any clued up Westerner knows that if a Thai approaches you to talk 9 times out of 10 it is a scam. 

very typical of Thai to target the weakest in any confrontation.

Thai work culture is about the most inefficient I've ever seen anywhere across dozens of countries I've worked in. 

Then I consider that, if your friend is anything like an average Thai, would she be corrupt just like so many other Thais if she had the opportunity?

Play Thais at their own games.

I meet my friends in nice countries, not Thailand.

A Thai professor friend of mine who teaches at Chulalongkorn University 

Farang with actual close, educated Thai friends and family are more likely to know this. 

I have a couple female friends who are THAI Air flight attendants 

I don't care that Thais don't like me. Most of them will never have any significant impact on the world. Their lives are useless. 

I think that MOST Thais dislike Farang. 

In Thailand, most Thais don't trust other Thais

I know 95% of Thai people like Thai people

I am smart enough to know how Thailand works.

I strongly support my fellow farangs

Thais must earn respect, and generally they DO NOT treat foreigners with the same respect they offer each other

Always find it amazing how expats can ignore all the many and pervasive "us vs them" xenophobic culture in Asia and especially derivative Chinese countries like Thailand. 

I don't know of ANY country where Thais have a good or even neutral reputation. 

I am still convinced hatred of foreigners is commonplace.

I care only about my fellow decent Farang.

Thais simply don't care about Farang; we are not humans to them.

I've been frustrated by this for years in Thailand

Many of us could see through the fake plastic Thai smiles from day one.

I don't want to risk them poisoning my food or similar, so I simply avoid dealing with them wherever and whenever possible. 

How pathetic. A nation of children 

The reality is that his supporters would be FULL of middle class and wealthy Thais who, for example, despise westerners just because their skin is white.

Typical excessively sentimental Thais. Maybe a somtam party with loud, horrible music and cheap, poisonous rice liquor will help. 

Farang will spare no opportunities to make these snob Thai-Chinese aware of how unskilled and unclassy and poorly educated and poorly cultured they are. 

Unless an entrepreneur is building a enterprise of grilled pork stands, there really is no business case for hiring a bunch of Thais. 

Thailand is a TERRIBLE place for people with money and class and manners and intellect and worldliness.

one almost never sees Thais mixing with foreigners. 

Thailand is an absolutely horrible for a young expat to work

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Yinn said:

If you read the quote in the OP, you see the negative not come from me.

NOT MY WORD.....

Thailand. Such a boring, repetitive place. 

They most definitely deserve whatever outcome befalls them. And, I knew the smiles were fake from day 1.

The Thais, as much as I generally don't like them, have an impressive imperviousness to outside influence.

I love seeing them suffer. They bang on incessantly about how great it is and how proud they are to be Thai 

Another common character trait I dislike about Thailand. 

I don't have a superiority complex.
I have superiority.
I am superior. 

I handle this by ensuring my life in Thailand involves as few of them as possible, and this keeps me sane, and relatively happy. 

For me, their arrogance is too much to bear.

Pathetic Thai-ness!

Never forget you have your own culture and customs, many of which are far superior. 

Thais are either too cowardly or simply don't care about right vs wrong and have no moral compass. 

I can hardly tolerate most Thais I have encountered. 

While I would love to 'revolt', we all know we farang won't. We don't do revolts well. We'd rather tear down other farang rather than supporting each other. 

If there was ever a population that deserved to be perpetually exploited, some might say Thais deserve it for their lack of will to shed blood for what is right. 

There is almost NOTHING NICE of high quality in Thailand, human or otherwise.

Most of the normal Thais aspire to the same standards. They care only about wealth and power.

Image distortion is a mental illness that most of Thailand suffers from.

Who would expect him, or even an average Thai civilian, to care about criminality,

The reality likely that an extremely high percentage of nationals deeply dislike you just for the color of your skin or the country you come from. 

Typical Thainess

Thainess example 107

In other words, Thainess 

They are such clowns, the lot of them.

The ONLY good reason to learn Thai is to protect ourselves from the pervasive Thai predatory environment.

Learning Thai certainly helps in many aspects of Thailand life. 

It's intellectually stagnant. In fact, one might say it's anti-intellectual. 

Thailand is a horrid place to raise children 

It's one of the reasons I can't tolerate the people.

Farang who care about their biological children are wise to avoid socializing the children in Thailand. 

Arrogantly run all the people away, then, while wearing smug, fake smiles, whore the country out again, begging for them to come back and spend money. 

We Farang really need to stop being so compassionate with these people.

I really wish they would just have REAL pride and state their disgust of farang and ban all of us. I could respect that. 

Thais, however, are notorious for not being able or being unwilling to pay medical bills. 

I hate most things about Thailand, and I have more money than I can spend easily in my remaining years. And I love complaining, too. Since I love to hate the place, I'm planning to stay and complain. 

Thais will continue to be xenophobic and closed off as much as possible to foreigners. 

Any clued up Westerner knows that if a Thai approaches you to talk 9 times out of 10 it is a scam. 

very typical of Thai to target the weakest in any confrontation.

Thai work culture is about the most inefficient I've ever seen anywhere across dozens of countries I've worked in. 

Then I consider that, if your friend is anything like an average Thai, would she be corrupt just like so many other Thais if she had the opportunity?

Play Thais at their own games.

I meet my friends in nice countries, not Thailand.

A Thai professor friend of mine who teaches at Chulalongkorn University 

Farang with actual close, educated Thai friends and family are more likely to know this. 

I have a couple female friends who are THAI Air flight attendants 

I don't care that Thais don't like me. Most of them will never have any significant impact on the world. Their lives are useless. 

I think that MOST Thais dislike Farang. 

In Thailand, most Thais don't trust other Thais

I know 95% of Thai people like Thai people

I am smart enough to know how Thailand works.

I strongly support my fellow farangs

Thais must earn respect, and generally they DO NOT treat foreigners with the same respect they offer each other

Always find it amazing how expats can ignore all the many and pervasive "us vs them" xenophobic culture in Asia and especially derivative Chinese countries like Thailand. 

I don't know of ANY country where Thais have a good or even neutral reputation. 

I am still convinced hatred of foreigners is commonplace.

I care only about my fellow decent Farang.

Thais simply don't care about Farang; we are not humans to them.

I've been frustrated by this for years in Thailand

Many of us could see through the fake plastic Thai smiles from day one.

I don't want to risk them poisoning my food or similar, so I simply avoid dealing with them wherever and whenever possible. 

How pathetic. A nation of children 

The reality is that his supporters would be FULL of middle class and wealthy Thais who, for example, despise westerners just because their skin is white.

Typical excessively sentimental Thais. Maybe a somtam party with loud, horrible music and cheap, poisonous rice liquor will help. 

Farang will spare no opportunities to make these snob Thai-Chinese aware of how unskilled and unclassy and poorly educated and poorly cultured they are. 

Unless an entrepreneur is building a enterprise of grilled pork stands, there really is no business case for hiring a bunch of Thais. 

Thailand is a TERRIBLE place for people with money and class and manners and intellect and worldliness.

one almost never sees Thais mixing with foreigners. 

Thailand is an absolutely horrible for a young expat to work

I'm pretty sure Yinn is not Thai.. unless "she" grew up in an English-speaking country..

Much of the vocabulary used in these selected quotes would be too difficult for an ESL person.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bobbin said:

I'm pretty sure Yinn is not Thai.. unless "she" grew up in an English-speaking country..

Much of the vocabulary used in these selected quotes would be too difficult for an ESL person.

NOT my quote.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rumak said:

Yinn,  I am an old man (though still have plenty of เสน่ห์  ! ).   One advantage of having lived a long time is the opportunity to have experiences which can help us grow, learn, and form opinions based on what we see and share with others.  

If, as you say, you are a Thai lady of 26 years old .......

How you know 26?????? Correct.

CharlieH computer? Know everything that one. Scary!!!!

Rumak = know to much!!!!!!!

then i will give you my opinion based on your posts.  FIRST:  The fact that you are Thai.    The fact that you are female.  These have NOTHING  at all to do with how I perceive you (look that word up interpret or look on (someone or something) in a particular way;)    

Sure, that is hard to believe as we all tend to judge others by  race, financial position, looks, etc.  

I ask you.  How do you judge others?    From what you write I see a defensive person who is fighting for what she

thinks is wrong with the world. 

I defensive this guy. 4 years he post bad lie about thai people and Thailand.

That only SOME his quote, I use other quote for another topic. I plan for topic number 3 of his quote to show he lie. 

But moderatoer say it will be “stalking”. So I not do it.

i will PM you his name. So you understand why I do it.

He lie to make foreigner think Thai hate them. Is not good for foreigner to think that.

Take a good look at yourself.   We can not change the world, but we can change ourselves. 

Can change a little bit.

reduce, recycle, reuse! 

When I was younger I thought I knew a lot.  I did. 

Now have google. 

But I was surprised that as I got older some of the things I knew changed.   Some of that change came about in ME.   

Right now I do not think you are judging things or people in an objective manner.   If a member here says nice things and gives you likes you honestly believe that this is his character.  I am sure that Thai people (that i have lived around)  are much wiser than farangs think .  They know that what people show on the outside is sometimes a far cry from what is on the inside.  It takes time to really know people.   And to know ones self.  

I would like to know what you are really like.  What your character really is.   DO you respect and treat all others as you would like them to do with you ? 

I like animal more than human. Maybe I respect animal more than human.

The guy I quote not respect others sure. 

Mai ru .    I don't know.    From what i read it tells me you are going through the process of growing.   I am as well.   Only difference is about 40 years of life.   

Good luck in your journey.   I hope you live it with integrity.....  not get distracted by the worldly things that Buddha warns about.

Thankyou.

i worry how you know I 26. 

Ps. I know most foreigner is good people. The person quote, is not.

13 minutes ago, Yinn said:

How you know 26?????? Correct.

CharlieH computer? Know everything that one. Scary!!!!

Rumak = know to much!!!!!!!

I defensive this guy. 4 years he post bad lie about thai people and Thailand.

That only SOME his quote, I use other quote for another topic. I plan for topic number 3 of his quote to show he lie. 

But moderatoer say it will be “stalking”. So I not do it.

i will PM you his name. So you understand why I do it.

He lie to make foreigner think Thai hate them. Is not good for foreigner to think that.

Can change a little bit.

reduce, recycle, reuse! 

Now have google. 

I like animal more than human. Maybe I respect animal more than human.

The guy I quote not respect others sure. 

Thankyou.

i worry how you know I 26. 

Ps. I know most foreigner is good people. The person quote, is not.

I am a little sorry that you really did not get the gist of my post.   But i am not surprised at all.

My memory is that it was YOU  that once posted your age !   I am also sure that you will not believe me but you can go through every post you ever made and MAYBE you will find it.

IF YOU DO FIND  that i am right.......   I hope you will please reread my post to you over and over until you read it with an open mind and open heart.    ( that may take almost as long as finding where you gave your age on this forum).   I  definitely DID NOT get your age from any other person or place.   And uncle rumak  never lie 

Edited by rumak

45 minutes ago, rumak said:

I  definitely DID NOT get your age from any other person or place.   And uncle rumak  never lie 

Oh, good. 

45 minutes ago, rumak said:

and also Yinn.....  ru mak  means  knows a lot.

But when a Thai says it about a farang......   they often mean he/she knows too much !

chai mai krapppp

Yes. Have saying “farang roo maak” 

can mean “know a lot” or “know to much”.

In this case I say to much.

can be positive, can be negative.

But it not only for farang mean “to much”. 

Can be for thai person also. 

Can also say “roo maak gern bai” 

that is more negative way.

i think you know. Is why your user name. 

18 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Yinn, you are the same age as one of my girlfriends.

Uncle, my mother and father will call you “Pee NCC”.

you 60+ right? 

17 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Can also say “roo maak gern bai” 

that is more negative way.

555. I hear Thais say this about farangs. My wife says this to me. "You think too much" "khun khid mak gern bai" which, over the years, I've learned is true. Yes, she means it in a negative way but I laugh at it as it's true. A big fault of farangs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

I  definitely DID NOT get your age from any other person or place.

Hi Yinn....    i remember a long time ago that you posted a photo,  i think it was your graduation .

Do you remember that ?   or maybe your avatar.   

Can uncle rumak see that again ?  kaw doo noi   ????