Do you like Thai people?

Yinn

22 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I tell people before I live Ranong, is clean

haha, actually, I have to agree with you on this one.

I went through Ranong 2-3 times before, taking the touristic route on the way down South.

It's a super clean city, the streets are spotless, every one takes good care of their front row ... if I have to rate one place in Thailand really clean, I would put my bet on Ranong.

Always had a great time there, too, although I only stayed 1 or 2 nights on the way through ...

Edited by RedPill
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jasonadamssmith said:

I will agree with the complaints made by the farangs here. I dont like Thai people at all they are really some <deleted>ty people.

Ok, up to you. 

I'm a black american male in my 30s been living here for about 8 months now. I'm a veteran receiving disability compensation so before coming here I've heard about Thailand being an expat destination and or a place for retirees..

Yes, quite popular.

.so I gave it a shot...listen folks...sure rent is cheap here compared to the west...yes the women here are easy catches to get laid, but all that stuff doesn't mean a thing to me anymore because the common folks here just do not like us...its just as simple as that folks.

Some foreigner very popular, make a lot of friend.

Some foreigner not popular. 

Up to the person.

..I'm not gonna elaborate on it...Thais know it and farangs know it...and that is understood...and I just dont have a peace of mind living in this environment any longer...I've come to realize that Thailand is exactly what it is..a holiday destination...not a place to live long term...you'll notice their are plenty of expats, digital nomads, English teachers, youtubers that have such a simple outlook on life in thailand... I like to categorize these type of folks as ppl who do not keep up the local news, they dont read up on whats going on in town, they do not read nor care to read up on it...as long as they do not see violence or read about it,

Not happen to them, why worry, only the news.

i read about USA news, the mass shootings everyday. Safer in thailand.

they will not think about it so its not going to happen to them so why fear?

Good idea.

life is good. but I am not like that...I actually fear of becoming victim here in Thailand...here in pattaya,

Oh, Pattaya.

theres some kind of mysterious phenomenon of fargangs jumping off high story condos and committing suicide?...those kind incidents raises too many questions for me.

Ok

...farangs get killed every day in thailand by thais, believe it

Not true. 

Today the 21st November.

can you show me the list of the 21 Farangs that thai kill this month? Or not?

and do some research. Thai motorbike drivers will kill you over 50 baht, think I am making this up? theres a video of a thai taxi driver killing a farang with a samurai sword over a 50 baht dispute...this was in pattaya...

Today? Last week? This year? 

just look up vidoes...and thai police will not help you....thai police is the local muscle behind  these trouble makers..it doesn't matter if you're a peaceful guy...trouble seems to find its way to a farang...and if you're one to stand up for yourself... you risk violence.

The videos.

I do not like Thai men at all, I dont talk to them, I dont believe in friendships with thais, and i really dont like thai women either, i dont trust them,

So, not making friends in Thailand? 

they are only good for a quick lay in bed , meet online, short time at a hotel in and out and thats it...I dont drink around these women, I stay away from beer bars, go go bars, walking street etc, those places spell trouble.

In Pattaya?

You're better off meeting a woman whos here on a holiday or an expat, maybe at a hostel or online, most of them are white women from Australia.

White Aussie women go to Pattaya look for love? Ok

When and not if a thai person takes advantage of you, scams you, there is nothing you can do about it...if you get in a verbal altercation with a thai because you are defending yourself, expect a cheap shot punch to the face from another thai out of nowhere...and im speaking all these from experience...you just get fed up with these cockroaches, yeah i said it, they are a bunch of cockroach people,

Ok. 

dishonorable people indeed... you go to a 7-11 and they talk <deleted> about you in Thai,

You here for 8 month. Not talk with thai people BUT you can speak Thai? Well done sir. Amazing story.

just because they can and want to... I dont like them because they dont like me, simple.

Good.

I tried to give it time so some of these folks can grow on me, but not at all...truth is guys come here for cheap sex...period...

Pattaya. Sure. But the guy in Pattaya have problem, so can not get free sex, like normal person, dating.

Is “cheap”, but normal person not pay. Just prostitution.

so if thats your sole reason for sticking around thats your life...me, cheap sex doesn't impress me when i read about these alarming farang death rates in this <deleted>hole...so my advice if you are thinking about living here, maybe you should think about the risks. and I am leaving Thailand at the end of this month and will never return to this awful environment. 

Good luck sir. We will miss you.

I'm speaking as a single male traveler with experience, not a vacationer... I've lived on months end to a lot of countries: Colombia, Mexico, Spain, middle east, eastern europe...sure other countries come with risk of violence towards tourist...but Thailand is infamous for xenophobia. I dont care to understand, I dont care about their problems or anything concerning this nation.

So my question “Do you like Thai people?”

you are “no”.

Bye bye.

11 minutes ago, RedPill said:

haha, actually, I have to agree with you on this one.

I went through Ranong 2-3 times before, taking the touristic route on the way down South.

It's a super clean city, the streets are spotless, every one takes good care of their front row ... if I have to rate one place in Thailand really clean, I would put my bet on Ranong.

Always had a great time there, too, although I only stayed 1 or 2 nights on the way through ...

YES!!!!!!!

someone believe Yinn. 

Thankyou so much.

i try to tell people, they angry me because they think I lie.

But they never come, how they know??

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Yes you did. You voted for the new constitution which ensured that Prayut would stay in power FOREVER.

Who voted for it? You trust the counting? Who count?

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

That makes Thailand a dictatorship and as Prayut and his cronies still wear their uniforms, it makes Thailand a military dictatorship. In the West we call it a Banana Republic. You voted for it, you own it. You can't blame the farangs for that one! 555

Prayut won 87 of 500.

How Brexit? Finish yet? 

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

YES!!!!!!!

someone believe Yinn. 

Thankyou so much.

i try to tell people, they angry me because they think I lie.

But they never come, how they know??

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!!!!!!!!

Yes, the people in Ranong have some kind of OCD to keep everything spotless.

It's not only me, my Thai girl said the same thing, It was kind of obvious and we still talk about it when the topic of Ranong comes up ???? Always good memories.

Edited by RedPill

36 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Yes you did. You voted for the new constitution which ensured that Prayut would stay in power FOREVER.

Sorry Yinn I should have backed that up with some facts. You'll notice that your province (Ranong) voted overwhelmingly in favour of the new constitution (87% for - 13% against) whereas my province Nong Khai voted against (44% for 56% against). Go Issan! Go Issan!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Thai_constitutional_referendum

Edited by DannyCarlton

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If they're so family focused, why is the country full of single moms working in the sex industry?

Hmmm The sex industry full of single moms. You see it. Your life. You marry sex worker. Up to you.

But more single work in the factory. You never see it.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

And if they have so much community spirit, why is the country and sea covered in litter?

You can help.

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Who voted for it? You trust the counting? Who count?

Prayut won 87 of 500.

How Brexit? Finish yet? 

Because you voted for the new constitution in 2016, that's all he needed to retain power. The new constitution made the election meaningless. You DO NOT have a democracy.

5 minutes ago, RedPill said:

But she's in Ranong?

And? We're talking about poor people from Issan. Many thousands work in industry around Chonburi and Rayong. Far more than work in bars in Pattaya. Same conditions though, minimal wages, living in small fan rooms and their children being looked after by grandparents.

Edited by DannyCarlton

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

And? We're talking about poor people from Issan. Many thousands work in industry around Chonbuti and Rayong. Far more than work in bars in Pattaya. Same conditions though, minimal wages, living in small fan rooms and their children being looked after by grandparents.

"Many thousands work in the industry ... far more than in working in bars ...!"

I would say, that's a very positive thing and should be the norm. Trying to get your life on track ...

What was the topic again? I think I forgot ????

Edited by RedPill

4 hours ago, jasonadamssmith said:

I'm a black american male

This is why Thais don't like you.  They may not like me because I am American, but let's be truthful about their absolute bigotry towards anyone with skin darker than a mole. 

Thais don't like black people.  They don't like Africans, and they don't like blacks from Europe or America.  They don't like their own people who are darker than they are. 

Why else would these people walk around on a 40 degree day, wearing clothing from head to toe?  What is their answer?  They don't want to get dark.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Sorry Yinn I should have backed that up with some facts. You'll notice that your province voted overwhelming ly in favour of the new constitution (87% for - 13% against) whereas my province Nong Khai voted for (44% for 56% against). Go Issan! Go Issan!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Thai_constitutional_referendum

“However, it was approved by 61% of voters with a 59% turnout.”

So less than 40%.

More people vote for it in Nong Kai (86,000) than Ranong. (64,000)

But you correct about %. 

IF you trust the counting. 

AND that referendum so tricky.

44% Nongkai people vote for that? I not believe. Under 20% I can believe.

i look the % on your link. Interesting, but not believe. Make me laugh.

If you think it fair and honest, then up to you. 

I not trust, believe, think it fair and honest. Up to me. 

Wait two year Danny. Maybe less. It already start. Trust Yinn. I know.

Ps. I like Issan people. I love Issan music. I very like Issan food. Saapver!

Go Issan!! 

In UK, Boris win election? Or not? 555555555

Same.

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

“However, it was approved by 61% of voters with a 59% turnout.”

So less than 40%.

More people vote for it in Nong Kai (86,000) than Ranong. (64,000)

But you correct about %. 

IF you trust the counting. 

AND that referendum so tricky.

44% Nongkai people vote for that? I not believe. Under 20% I can believe.

i look the % on your link. Interesting, but not believe. Make me laugh.

If you think it fair and honest, then up to you. 

I not trust, believe, think it fair and honest. Up to me. 

Wait two year Danny. Maybe less. It already start. Trust Yinn. I know.

Ps. I like Issan people. I love Issan music. I very like Issan food. Saapver!

Go Issan!! 

In UK, Boris win election? Or not? 555555555

Same.

So, what do you believe, more Thai people voted for the new constitution or more Thai people voted against it? The link is from Wikipedia, it's not written by Thais. Read the whole link, you will learn a lot about your country that will never be written in Thailand.

10 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

This is why Thais don't like you.  They may not like me because I am American, but let's be truthful about their absolute bigotry towards anyone with skin darker than a mole. 

Wrong, is up to the person. Joey can be famous comedian, actor etc. 

Now thai superstar. Many movie, successful. 

But he learn thai and is friendly. 

He not sex tourist in Pattaya hate everyone.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Chernyim

Thais don't like black people.  They don't like Africans, and they don't like blacks from Europe or America.  They don't like their own people who are darker than they are. 

I am south person. Have many friend whiter than me. 

The USA have the racism problem for black people. Famous for that one.

sound like you right?

Why else would these people walk around on a 40 degree day, wearing clothing from head to toe?  What is their answer?  They don't want to get dark.

Why do caucasion sunbath? 

They want to beautiful like Thai people right? 

Also on the farm, the man often not wear shirt, not care if dark skin.

Woman do care more, for beauty. NOT because they worry about they will look like an African person.

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

He not sex tourist in Pattaya hate everyone.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Chernyim

I am south person. Have many friend whiter than me. 

The USA have the racism problem for black people. Famous for that one.

sound like you right?

Why do caucasion sunbath? 

They want to beautiful like Thai people right? 

Also on the farm, the man often not wear shirt, not care if dark skin.

Woman do care more, for beauty. NOT because they worry about they will look like an African person.

You protest a bit too much.  Care to create a poll to see how many here believe you?

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

The old "exception that proves the rule" trick. 

Good try though.

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

You're both on the wrong track. Check my post above to realise why Thai people don't like dark skin, it's not racism, it's snobbery.

Tomato Tomahhhhhhto ...

Does it matter?  It's still thinking one is better than another based on the color of their skin.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

So, what do you believe, more Thai people voted for the new constitution or more Thai people voted against it? The link is from Wikipedia, it's not written by Thais. Read the whole link, you will learn a lot about your country that will never be written in Thailand.

Who give the % to Wikipedia?

i am SURE less than half people vote for it. Sure. 

59% “turnout” = 41% not because not want/trust.

And then only 61% of the 59% =36%

IF you believe the counting!

I believe not 20%

If you want to believe, up to you. 

I not believe. Up to me.

And it tricky. If not tricky will be less than 5%.

The real support about 5%.

I gotta say, I see all about snail white products and people scared of getting a sunburn around me ...

... but somehow, I lost the core of this discussion.

What was it about again and what are you guys/girls arguing about? ????

Edited by RedPill
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Tomato Tomahhhhhhto ...

Does it matter?  It's still thinking one is better than another based on the color of their skin.

Yes it really does matter. It's not racism, it's snobbery. Big difference.

Although, I'd hate to be thought of as a racist but i'd also hate to be thought of as a snob. You've got to admit racist is worse though.

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

Yes it really does matter. It's not racism, it's snobbery. Big difference.

Although, I'd hate to be thought of as a racist but i'd also hate to be thought of as a snob. You've got to admit racist is worse though.

Your use of the word racist is incorrect.  The term is bigot.

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You're both on the wrong track. Check my post above to realise why Thai people don't like dark skin, it's not racism, it's snobbery.

It only the woman. The man not care. (95%)

For woman for beauty, not racism, not snobbery. (New word for me, Thankyou)

Same western woman like sunbath. 

i am dark. I not care. I care my brain.

And south tan girl can win....

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/southern-beauty-crowned-miss-thailand-world-2014/

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Who give the % to Wikipedia?

i am SURE less than half people vote for it. Sure. 

59% “turnout” = 41% not because not want/trust.

And then only 61% of the 59% =36%

IF you believe the counting!

I believe not 20%

If you want to believe, up to you. 

I not believe. Up to me.

And it tricky. If not tricky will be less than 5%.

The real support about 5%.

You wish. The fact is, you can argue about the actual numbers, but more people voted for the new constitution than voted against it. Why did you vote for it? Because the government told you that if you didn't vote for the new constitution, there would be no elections.

]What Thai people didn't realise is that, at the time, Thailand was coming under a lot of pressure from Western governments to hold elections. If you had voted against the constitution, Prayut woud have been forced to hold an election by Western governments.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

It only the woman. The man not care. (95%)

For woman for beauty, not racism, not snobbery. (New word for me, Thankyou)

Same western woman like sunbath. 

i am dark. I not care. I care my brain.

And south tan girl can win....

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/southern-beauty-crowned-miss-thailand-world-2014/

"One of the most-discussed qualities of Maeya is her beautiful tan skin, which some netizens hope marks a change in Thailand’s pageant culture, where fair skin and a Eurasian heritage have often proved an advantage."

9 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I gotta say, I see all about snail white products and people scared of getting a sunburn around me ...

... but somehow, I lost the core of this discussion.

What was it about again and what are you guys/girls arguing about? ????

Sun tan, political, snobbery and rubbish!!! 

I have many great thai friends, for some reason all my wifes friends (all from the south) are really nice, we go to parties, weddings, etc all the time and I really enjoy myself with them, to be honest I know I will never go back to my home country to live again. I have also come across some thais I wouldnt spend time with at all, their attitude is enough to turn anyone off but in saying that you get the same type of people in other countries as well. If I see something wrong I dont gloss over it but I did the same thing  in my home country, I call a spade a spade and when I see something I dont like I will say so. Unfortunately in Thailand it is still not a modern/first world country, especially with the education levels and the way people think or dont think, face is also a problem,  as is driving and the lack of respect for anyone other than themselves in many cases but again this is a lot to do with the education system here. There are faults in every country, people have to be able to admit fault in their own country as well as the one they live in no matter how much they love it, then again there are  some people that are just never happy no matter where they live and simply want to bag everyone out, we see this in here all the time, a genuine bitch is understandable but some just want to pick on everything thai so you need to look at what the majority say/do not the few

• Like 1