EU warns Britain heading for a no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Even the French must realise with a hard Irish boarder it would be so porous that the prospect of the UK becoming the Singapore of Europe that would undermine the EU economy and probably the worst hit would be France. 

"UK becoming the Singapore of Europe that would undermine the EU"

The E.U. would probably taking drastic measures to respond that in financial economic an trade ways … no doubt about that …..and so adding  some more to world trade war ...

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Basil B said:

There will be a general election as soon as the prospect of the UK crashing out without a deal on October the 31st is prevented and Parliament is sitting.

You really are melodramatic like so many remainers on TV.

Crashing out please.

We will be leaving the EU, not falling off the planet. why is it so many remainers are doomsday preppers and have zero courage for anything, except looking for and wanting the worst.

So on your terminology the EU will be crashing out of losing a sizeable chunk of money that the UK contributes each year. The EU will be crashing out getting there more than favourable fishing quotas from the UK waters. I could go on.

53 minutes ago, david555 said:

Could you also name from which party in Germany …? As now you make it manipulative looking that all Germany is from that idea ….

Just as the U.K. they probably have a "German copy" of a Farage specie ...????

I never said all Germans share his view, what I'm saying is that I and many others on the Foggy Isles share his view.

And whatever you have on Nigel Farages speeches I would love to see them, you may not like him but he speaks better than most politicians and he is not normally wrong. 

17 minutes ago, vogie said:

I never said all Germans share his view, what I'm saying is that I and many others on the Foggy Isles share his view.

And whatever you have on Nigel Farages speeches I would love to see them, you may not like him but he speaks better than most politicians and he is not normally wrong. 

Oh … I fully agree he is a excellent speaker to the crowds and politicians …. and if you are in need of speeches … just check youtube ...it is full off him

Btw I admire him in his talks…. But only as an excellent stand up comediant ….

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Looks fearfully at XE.com and amazingly finds the pound/baht is at 38.12, up almost 1bht from last month.

All because the markets hoping U.K. get an extension  or even a Liberal democrats revoking  A50 …. that's all …..if not it goes down once more and deeper than before  ….. money markets JRM like ... 

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

All because the markets hoping U.K. get an extension  or even a Liberal democrats revoking  A50 …. that's all …..if not it goes down once more and deeper than before  ….. money markets JRM like ... 

Alternatively, it's risen because they think all the indecision is about to end.

the thing is, here some of us (yes me included) started some antagonisms about Brexit leave not leave and deal or no deal but after all that mess is cleared up we still have everything as it was before, in one side the Brexiters and in the opposite side the Remainers, the point ?? nobody wins thus antagonize as much as you want if that makes you feel good

8 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

I wish Bojo the best of luck - if he pulls us out of the EU he will be one of the great prime ministers of our time.

Will he really be considered as one of the greatest, if to pull the U.K. out of the E.U. he has to confront his own people. 

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

It has just been mentioned on Sky News that France and Finland have given Boris just 11 days to come up with deal or it's over. Am I missing something here, isn't that what Boris wants, 'get out of jail free card'

I suppose the E.U. will claim: "We were sick of waiting of the U.K. promises to bring plans, we threw the U.K. out". 

Mr. Johnson will claim "I am the only one who could get the U.K. out of the E.U.".

Speculations of course. 

21 minutes ago, vogie said:

It has just been mentioned on Sky News that France and Finland have given Boris just 11 days to come up with deal or it's over. Am I missing something here, isn't that what Boris wants, 'get out of jail free card'

Now it is just waiting what the supreme court go decide and /or after what the H.O.C. go do and after that the result of a G.E. and if the Lib.Dem. go win enough..., or in case not the referendum repeat ….. options enough for good old Britain to go to the bookmakers to place their bettings...

6 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I suppose the E.U. will claim: "We were sick of waiting of the U.K. promises to bring plans, we threw the U.K. out". 

Mr. Johnson will claim "I am the only one who could get the U.K. out of the E.U.".

Speculations of course. 

They just forcing B.J. to put his poker card open ….. which he wont do as there is nothing ….and as it is his strategy to hope E.U. go blink last moment ...

17 hours ago, oldhippy said:

What does "le meme chose" mean ?

It's a play on words. In French, it means "the same thing", as in Juncker seems just like Trump to me.

Memes are banned by the EU, which to some people signals censoring dissent and mockery of the EU.

Chose is the past tense of to Choose, as in the Meme of Pepe is choosing the UK's fate through the EU.

9 minutes ago, CaptainNemo said:

only got a C for French, it's not a very useful language

It is very useful for us Flemish, we can communicate with the Walloons, we can also communicate with the French when in France. 

It seems it is useful for the French, they are able to communicate together. 

Of course everything is relative, any language is useful when needed, not when not needed. 

English is useful on this forum, as it is the only language allowed. 

9 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

It is very useful for us Flemish, we can communicate with the Walloons, we can also communicate with the French when in France. 

Of course everything is relative, any language is useful when needed, not when not needed. 

And if speak understand French … you can understand a good part of Italian as it s up to a certain grade familiar ….. if being a good guesser … 5555

4 hours ago, vogie said:

This German MEP nails it.

Yep, nailed it.

Barnier has pushed for way too much, and judging by the amount of applause this guy received it seems a lot of MEP's know it.

He may be a skilled negotiator, but if he ends up with No Deal that will be a spectacular failure on his part and will ultimately define his career. The clock is ticking, Mickey.

They just forcing B.J. to put his poker card open ….. which he wont do as there is nothing ….and as it is his strategy to hope E.U. go blink last moment ...
The EU is not forcing anything. There is no poker game. It is just being pointed out that Boris's boorish clown tactics are not fooling anybody. The latest suggestion that Boris is going to pull a rabbit out of his hat at the last minute quite pathetic.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

English is useful on this forum, as it is the only language allowed. 

Thanks, first genuinely funny post to this thread.

English may be considered useful, but it does not yet appear to have helped the English communicate with one another very effectively!

18 hours ago, Forethat said:

Ah, just like Singapore?

Low tax and low regulation, such as in Singapore, are characteristics of a very liberal and global economic model...

Me stupid! I thought a significant share of the people who voted for Brexit did so because they were against liberalism and globalism. 

Is it possible that they have been misled? I cannot believe it!

Archived