2012 honda click 125i verses newer models

RicoSebastion

Hi, first time using a forum so sorry if i missed an existing post.  Im looking at buying a scooter and am comparing different model years of honda click 125i  . i found a good 2012 click with very very low miles, and wanted to know if the specs changed much from the 2012 click to the 2015,2016, or 2017 models? I have spend two hours searching and i cant find my answer to a seemingly simple question.  any answers?

trying to find out what year the iss (idle stop system), liquid cooling, and cbs combi brake system first came with the click 125i? 

and comparing the click to the yamaha gt 125 of these years?

Tell us the spec and you will get some response. If it is a good deal, go for it. It will run forever and it will be cheap to repair. A few gimmicks on the newer model, but nothing that will change things much. ???? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RicoSebastion said:

i found a good 2012 click with very very low miles, and wanted to know if the specs changed much from the 2012 click to the 2015,2016, or 2017 models?

Not much it's a scoot apart looks of bodywork what do you expect from it.

1 hour ago, RicoSebastion said:

and idle stop were also on the 2012 model?

i have idle stop on 2014 click. not sure about 2012.

does your 2012 have PGM FI?

my very late model 2014 does.  

according to this the changes happened in 2015. not sure same in Thailand.

https://hondaph.com/honda-click-125i-scooter-future-arrived/

look into getting Michelin City Pro tires for you click. much better than stock tires. 

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 2

Thanks NCC1701A:   Yea , i saw the same article and wasnt sure if that was just for the 2015  Phillipines market or everywhere and anything else about specs i keep getting in thai. 

for me the combi brake system seems like a good option and i am looking at a few bikes, the 2012 only has 3,000 km real and other bikes are newer models 2015 to 2017 with 10 to 20,000 km. so if the newer technology started with 2014 i would prefer to choose the newer model.  i saw posts that the 2012 does have idle stop but several people were having trouble with this year stalling at lights due to battery problems.

never heard of PGM FI so don't know. I will look, thanks

Liquid cooling and fuel injection are good.  CBS ( linked brakes ) is not. This is a dangerous idea , where by when you apply your rear brake , say mid corner , the front brake suddenly  comes on too.  Whether you want it or not. Applying a front brake mid corner can make the bike "sit up" , and go straight on. Not what you need if your trying to go round a corner. 3000 KM in 7 years means the bike has stood idle all its life. Not always a good thing.  You mentioned the Yamaha GT 125. A much better bike , with "normal" brakes , and better quality suspension. I would look for those.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

not sure about a honda click but i have bought 3 , 125cc honda waves . first 10 yrs ago last 3 yrs ago . All the same price but the new ones lower quality . 10 yr old one was faster had all digital speedo fuel gauge etc the other 2 did not. To keep the price they lowered the quality . Just changed the battery on the 3 yr old bike . Had a small 3amp/h bat while the older bikes had 5 amp/h and have never changed.
 I think a lot of goods in thailand lower the quality to keep the price the same .  Bought an hitachi water pump 11 yrs ago for 7,000 baht just renewed with same pump for same price but lots of metal replaced with plastic . If it is in good nick i would go with the older one

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Issanman said:

In the last two years I have rented Honda Clicks 3 different times. Two times, the bike was very new with very low miles. All three times, I have been disappointed with the handling of the rented Honda Clicks. I have owned a Yamaha GT125 for over 3 years and it has much better handling than any of the Honda Clicks that I rented.

If handling is important to the OP, then the OP may want to give some consideration to the GT125.

I recently put a pair of Michelin tires on my GT125 and it made the handling even better. 

The Yamaha GT125 is priced new at about 46000฿. The Click is much more expensive. 

Hondas are good bikes, but the Click suffers from mediocre handling.

But if the OP buys the Click, it would be a good idea to upgrade the tires as already mentioned in post number 6 above.

yamaha-gt125-coc-yellow-2018-(2).jpg.000179f76e1ed296b31755f62e710103.jpg

The Yamaha fino has a lower center of gravity making it nicer to ride.

22 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

CBS ( linked brakes ) is not. This is a dangerous idea , where by when you apply your rear brake , say mid corner , the front brake suddenly  comes on too.  Whether you want it or not.

I've been riding a Click, with CBS for 4 years and I use the left hand lever (CBS) only for over 90% of the time. I have never, ever had the front brake 'suddenly come on too'.

When properly adjusted (a very easy process) CBS provides smooth, well balanced braking and it is only necessary add more braking pressure with the right lever if heavier braking is called for. (I'm a cautious rider and rarely have to us it)

As for rear wheel braking in a bend, whilst I know that this a valid technique, I would suggest that anyone who has to use it is riding just a wee bit 'on the edge'. Braking in these circumstances, with or without CBS, is potentially more dangerous than any perceived danger from CBS itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I've been riding a Click, with CBS for 4 years and I use the left hand lever (CBS) only for over 90% of the time. I have never, ever had the front brake 'suddenly come on too'.

When properly adjusted (a very easy process) CBS provides smooth, well balanced braking and it is only necessary add more braking pressure with the right lever if heavier braking is called for. (I'm a cautious rider and rarely have to us it)

As for rear wheel braking in a bend, whilst I know that this a valid technique, I would suggest that anyone who has to use it is riding just a wee bit 'on the edge'. Braking in these circumstances, with or without CBS, is potentially more dangerous than any perceived danger from CBS itself.

I didnt know the bias between the linked brakes could be adjusted. I know many people simply have the system disconnected , as losworld explains. As long as you understand the front brake will come on  , even without using the front brake lever , then good luck.  Many people seem to think this CBS gimmick is like  an ABS safety braking system.  It is not.  When i notice some sand , dirt , leaves or water run-off on a corner , i feel safer if i can scrub off a little speed.  Just my safety margin , not because im "on the edge".  In instances of low traction/grip such as above , or off road , having a front brake coming on is not my idea of safety.