Land measurement units In Thailand

possom

can anybody tell me how big is 1 rai in acres ??

2.5 Rai= ~one acre

What you say is correct. There are 2.5 rai in one acre.

A Square (talang) waa is 4 square metres and there is 400 square waa in one rai.

A rai is 1,600 square metres.

A hectare (as the word implies) is 10,000 square (talang) metres.

There are 2.5 acres in one hectare hence there are 4,000 square metres in one acre.

A hectare is is equal to 2.5 acres.

As an acre is 4,000 square metres there are 2.5 rai in one acre.

Hope that this clarifies the facts (but I am sure that someone will beg to differ)

Thats what this forum is all about isn't it???

Start him on wah squared now :D

That will really confuse him Doc but here goes: :o

1 Rai= 4 Ngan = 1600 square meters=

1 Ngan= 100 Talang Wah = 100 square meters

1 Talang Wah = 4 square meters

1 Acre= 4046.9 square meters

thanks very much for prompt reply !!

You're welcome. One Rai is about 17,222 square feet (one acre has 43,560 sq. ft.)

While it is not an offence to be an American just when are you guys gonna get into the 20th century and go metric??

:D

Don't want to. :o

[

While it is not an offence to be an American just when are you guys gonna get into the 20th century and go metric??

You just can't leave well enough alone can you. What is your problem there, not getting any or can't find a woman in LOS to cooperate.

O.K. How many pounds per square inch in one bar??

No not that bar either.

Dad said I'd go blind if I kept it up )

I have a feeling we have been here before, but surely you said let me do it a liitle bit and I will wear glasses.

O.K. How many pounds per square inch in one bar??

No not that bar either.

Dad said I'd go blind if I kept it up )
I have a feeling we have been here before, but surely you said let me do it a liitle bit and I will wear glasses.

Believe it's 14.5 psi to one bar? BTW, America is slooowly getting metric but to tell temperature, it's still better to use Fahrenheit...more accurate. :o

Sorry to be late but here is the rest of the story for those of you that may need it.

Area

1 sq wah = 4 sq meters

1 ngan (100 sq wah)= 400 sq meters

1 rai (4 ngan) =1600 sq meters

Weights

1 baht = 4 saleung

1 baht (gold) = 15 g

1 tamleung (4 baht) = 60 g

1 chang (20 tamleung) = 1.2 kg

1 harb (50 chang) = 60 kg

1 karat (diamond) = 20 centigram

Linear Measure

1 niu = 0.619 inch (English)

1 niu = 4 krabiad

1 keub (12 niu) = 9.54 inch or 25 cm

1 sawk (2 keub) = 50 cm

1 wah (4 sawk) = 2 m

1 sen (20 wah) = 40 m

1 yoht (400 sen) = 16km

Volumetric Measure

1 kwian (2 bun) = 2000 litre

1 bun (50 tung) = 1000 litre

1 tung = 20 litre

1 tananluang = 1 litre

1 yok (wood) = 17.78 sq ft

Actually, we did try to switch to liters a few decades ago. But then someone said it sounded like a French system.

And why can't you use good American when you spell "offense?" :o

Blimey, now I am waiting for the Brits explaining that it is controlled drinking by the pint, but barbarian to get pi**ed by the litre.

I'm a Brit (Yorkie). And I can get p1ssed by the pint. What is controlled drinking?

Believe it's 14.5 psi to one bar?

14.5038 actually but close enough

And just where does it come from?

Please correct me (and I'm sure that someone will) but it is the atmospheric pressure that exists at sea level.

We are all subjected to 14.5038 psi on our bodies (providing we are at sea level that is)

Consequently a flat tyre has 14.5038 psi in it, even when it is flat.

If you wish to inflate a tyre to say 2 bar it could be described as "2 bar gauge" wouln't it?

AND Quote....

Actually, we did try to switch to liters a few decades ago. But then someone said it sounded like a French system.

And why can't you use good American when you spell "offense?"

Unquote....

The reason is that the only real english is the Queens english as it is spelt in any good "english" (the Oxford etc) dictionary.

I agree that it might in some cases cause confusion i.e. centre rather than center (or metre/meter, litre/liter) but thats just the way it is.

I can however accept and understand that there are not too many of us who want to associate with the "French system" so I will happily go along with anything i.e. either or UK/US english if thats what it takes.

Lighten up. I thought those smily faces were supposed to show when one's jesting. Why, one might think the British were, well, stuffy. :D << smily face, see

It's always fun, to me at least, to hoist a few with past and present subjects of the Crown -- and to laugh about accents and meanings. Even the Canadians, who almost speak 'American,' apparently have to end each sentence with 'eyyyy.' Must be how they clear their throats. :o And talk about bloaks who like to get pissed! At least the fun-loving ones I served with in NORAD sure liked to.

Have a Gdday (anyone from OZ - did I spell that right?) :D

I thought the Queen's English was supposed to be spelt with a capital Q and E. But then again, I'm not as Anglo as you lot.

You Americans can go pick up your shotguns, saddle up and "pursue" some happiness for us all. Once felled, don't forget to carve out a slice of it for me to put on my sandwich as well. I prefer them 3 millimetres thick. :o And while you're out pursuing, remeber to turn a blind eye to the millipedes and centipedes.

Lighten up. I thought those smily faces were supposed to show when one's jesting. Why, one might think the British were, well, stuffy.

It's always fun, to me at least, to hoist a few with past and present subjects of the Crown -- and to laugh about accents and meanings. Even the Canadians, who almost speak 'American,' apparently have to end each sentence with 'eyyyy.' Must be how they clear their throats. And talk about bloaks who like to get pissed! At least the fun-loving ones I served with in NORAD sure liked to.

:D

Your quote:-

And talk about bloaks who like to get pissed!

====================================

So how many chang's have you had whilst posting this one, may one ask......???

Ans:- below

1 chang (20 tamleung) 1.2 kg

1 harb (50 chang) 60 kg

Your quote:-

Anyone from Thailand - did I spell that correctly (the chang part of course) ?????

Cheers (Hic, Hic Hurray) LOL

:o:D

:D:D

Yet another little Gem:-

1 karat (diamond) 20 centigram

========================================

Kan Win:-

But, I only got a COTTO model for my “Hong Nam”, could not afford a Karat one and not even an American Standard one, so lets not get bogged down with these weights and measures? shall we or should we ? that is the question as asked by “Possom” who started this very nice Fred.. by the way....

:o:D

LOL :D