Somkid urges focus on ease of doing business to woo foreign investment

snoop1130

Somkid urges focus on ease of doing business to woo foreign investment

By The Nation

800_a0a137ae8d8b7a1.jpg

Somkid (Left) and Uttama

Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak has urged all concerned parties to promote ease of doing business in Thailand in order to attract foreign investment.

Speaking at a meeting on Thursday hosted by the Finance Ministry and co-chaired by Finance Minister Uttama Savanayana to discuss the World Bank’s Doing Business 2020 Report on Thailand, Somkid said: “For example, we could streamline the process of applying for use of electricity and reduce the waiting time down to one day. Also, we could move power lines underground to improve the efficiency of our power grid.”

The deputy PM also suggested that public and private organisations use Big Data to improve online services such as corporate tax refund, online business registration, social security registration and Customs procedures via the national single window.

“The government is aiming to shorten the corporate tax refund waiting time to less than 90 days,” he said. “As for social security service, we have already tasked employers to submit employee data electronically to speed up the process and reduce paperwork. Currently 75.77 per cent of insured persons’ data are stored and processed online.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376430

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-19
  • Haha 1

Just got back tonight to BKK.

Genuinely and innocently wandered over to the lanes next to air crew etc.

This prompted a troll to emerge from her cave and relatively impolitely send me over to the other channels. A lovely warm welcome to “home’ of 10+ years, as ever...

Don’t really understand why they don’t differentiate between tourists and non-immigrant visa holders and provide separate channels.

Anyway, I timed it after the 30 minutes wait, 4 minutes 40 seconds to check my documents as a valid Visa/WP holder.

Edited by realfunster
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, realfunster said:

Just got back tonight to BKK.

Genuinely and innocently wandered over to the lanes next to air crew etc.

This prompted a troll to emerge from her cave and relatively impolitely send me over to the other channels. A lovely warm welcome to “home’ of 10+ years, as ever...

Don’t really understand why they don’t differentiate between tourists and non-immigrant visa holders and provide separate channels.

Anyway, I timed it after the 30 minutes wait, 4 minutes 40 seconds to check my documents as a valid Visa/WP holder.

I've been to Swampy a few times this week and the amount of police and immigration police lurking about was bizarre! 

Powerlines underground In order to bring foreigner investors confidence back ? Yeah Seems they finally found the cause of the problem because foreigner investors will base their decision to invest on the location of the power lines.

Edited by Destiny1990
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, quandow said:

The first thing to do is get rid of the ridiculous TM30 altogether. I've recently written a friend of mine is a fortune 100 hiring agent, and the extra mountain of <deleted> he needs to go through for the TM30 has him seeking life elsewhere. It's difficult enough hiring in Thailand without this senseless, useless paperwork kerfuffle.

Indeed! - business people generally travel to conduct business.  The TM30 is a massive deterrent and an inconvenience to already busy people trying to do a productive and honest job.  The TM30, as far as Im aware, is a process that seems to not exist anywhere else except perhaps in North Korea (I dont know).  Would this have anything to do with the likelihood that its completely ineffective and simply deters foreigners visiting, residing or conducting business in country.