Interpol issues red alert for absconding Norwegian wanted for manslaughter

webfact

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, madmitch said:

So much for the biometric Immigration system and TM30/TM28 reporting!

Immigration, as well as Karon police, should be losing face over this.

In other countries are all these 'security' systems 100% secure and effective?

No criminal has ever escaped? ????

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

In other countries are all these 'security' systems 100% secure and effective?

No criminal has ever escaped? ????

Of course they have but my comment is an ironic one following all the hype and publicity surrounding the so-called success of these systems in Thailand.

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

Thailand does have porous borders, so possible crossed into a nearby country before departing from there.

5 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

If he reaches Norway he will not be extradited. 

They don’t extradite to countries with death penalty. 

...and can we see a clear photograph of him, so we can report to the police, if we think, we saw him, and where we saw him?

5 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

If he reaches Norway he will not be extradited. 

They don’t extradite to countries with death penalty. 

He only  charged with manslaughter maybe its a technical way of getting in hail for a few decades

44 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Thailand does have porous borders, so possible crossed into a nearby country before departing from there.

Yes .... but he needs travel papers. I guess he goes to any Norwegian consulate and applies for temporary papers. Maybe the consulate will issue, but will any ASEAN country let him leave given the Red Alert ?? 

But .... he could buy a counterfeit or stolen passport and be on his way. Wonder how much money he has available to him. 

4 hours ago, POMRAKSIAM said:

AWESOME! This guy committed a horrible crime and should be brought to justice, and the Red Notice will surely have a strong impact and if not extradited right away he will have to suffer looking over his shoulder and stay in Norway. No more Asian vacations.

the norwegian said it was self defense because the british indian man attacked him w. a. knife ..

u need a court decision before jumping to solutions / a la horrible crime ? / ..

now as he jumped bail this is not looking good...the saga to be continued..as always in thailand there is much more to the story than the part that meets the public eye. 

4 minutes ago, friend of siam said:

the norwegian said it was self defense because the british indian man attacked him w. a. knife ..

u need a court decision before jumping to solutions / a la horrible crime ? / ..

now as he jumped bail this is not looking good...the saga to be continued..as always in thailand there is much more to the story than the part that meets the public eye. 

I don't think that knife injury was ever confirmed as inflicted by the Brit.. 

3 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

While I admit I haven’t followed this closely I do remember the victim had a weapon and the alleged perpetrator received a stab wound? 

I agree it would have been a smart idea to hold the Norwegian if it was a clear cut case of murder but I see many people released on bail for manslaughter, which in this case is a very real possibility from what I can gather. 

Yes the dead had a weapon. Are you going to tell me that if bullman broke into your room in a hotel or your apartment in an out of control vilent rage that you wouldnt grab something to try and protect yourself with too. Clearly he was intending to cause serious or critical injuries or death when he chose to break into the room and attack him. If i had a gun and someome broke into my place they get 1 warning before i shoot them dead if they even get a warning. Even then i know how to fight so if no gun they would be taken down at ant cost to them and held by any means nessary until police arrive then released into their hands informing both the attacker and the police that if they dont deal with them and they try anything again i will just kill them onsite out of fear and concern for my life and take the next interaction with them as an act to take my life. So would someone who commited a violent crime with the intension of doing so deserve to be let go no. Its one thing if face to face and things get heated and someone dies in the heat of the moment before you even realize what you did. But to break into someone elses room or apartment takes time to think about it and time to make happen thus it was a thought out plan at that time not something happening in the heat if the moment. A thought out attack of this level of violence and decided to make happen should not be relased. Heat of the moment attack could be seen as a possible bail relase depending on the circumstances. 

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

leaving Thailand without a passport, (or a current tm30 form) and  entering Cambodia, Laos or Malaysia is as easy as crossing a road, ( or for laos taking a long tail)

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

She didn't go to jail!  She was detained until she was put back on a plane.

Correct, detention is jail in one form of another, i.e. you cannot leave, the killer walked because he got bail, ask yourself who was the bigger threat to society, the bombshell, ot the Norwegian who just killed a guy ?

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Correct, detention is jail in one form of another, i.e. you cannot leave, the killer walked because he got bail, ask yourself who was the bigger threat to society, the bombshell, ot the Norwegian who just killed a guy ?

"...detention is jail in one form of another..."

No, it isn't.  An Immigration department detention room is a million miles away from being a jail cell.

Immigration cannot grant bail to someone who is refused entry to the country, for obvious reasons.  Threats to society in two completely incomparable cases is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

"...detention is jail in one form of another..."

No, it isn't.  An Immigration department detention room is a million miles away from being a jail cell.

Immigration cannot grant bail to someone who is refused entry to the country, for obvious reasons.  Threats to society in two completely incomparable cases is irrelevant.

It said in The Nation that they confiscated his passport,so how did he leave the country, if he did? 

1 hour ago, shy coconut said:

She was held in an immigration cell before being sent home, she wasn't arrested on the 

streets intact she never even officially entered Thailand.

As for the bail, yes that seems crazy, but in the UK, 4 suspects in the case of the

Berkshire policeman murder were also released on bail although I'm sure the criteria

was stricter.

If she was not intact when they arrested her then it's likely she would not have been intact by the time she got back to the UK either.

If such is the case I hope she sues the BIB. It's about time someone did.

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's not what it says. It says, "Interpol - for official use only" which is not the same thing. 

More importantly, at the top of the notice it's says it's for: "Circulation to the media (including internet) ..."

It's posted as a public notice on the Interpol website so there's no breach of confidentiality since Interpol have made it public and authorised it for circulation.

Did you search for it on the Interpol site? I did, and there is no record of it.

2 hours ago, brian2f2f said:

Yes the dead had a weapon. Are you going to tell me that if bullman broke into your room in a hotel or your apartment in an out of control vilent rage that you wouldnt grab something to try and protect yourself with too. Clearly he was intending to cause serious or critical injuries or death when he chose to break into the room and attack him. If i had a gun and someome broke into my place they get 1 warning before i shoot them dead if they even get a warning. Even then i know how to fight so if no gun they would be taken down at ant cost to them and held by any means nessary until police arrive then released into their hands informing both the attacker and the police that if they dont deal with them and they try anything again i will just kill them onsite out of fear and concern for my life and take the next interaction with them as an act to take my life. So would someone who commited a violent crime with the intension of doing so deserve to be let go no. Its one thing if face to face and things get heated and someone dies in the heat of the moment before you even realize what you did. But to break into someone elses room or apartment takes time to think about it and time to make happen thus it was a thought out plan at that time not something happening in the heat if the moment. A thought out attack of this level of violence and decided to make happen should not be relased. Heat of the moment attack could be seen as a possible bail relase depending on the circumstances. 

I’m not here to make assumptions on what did and didn’t happen, I’m merely stating the fact that the victim having a weapon aggravates the situation. 

To reply to your imaginary situation informing the police that you would kill an intruder next time would immediately have you charged with murder. 

I don’t know about Thai law or what country you’re from but I’d be confident to say reasonable and proportionate force plays are part in any self defence here or anywhere in the world. Pre-planned violence and that above and beyond what is immediately required to subdue an assailant would immediately have you defending yourself in a court of law.

I genuinely hope you’re never put in the situation you described as you will be spending some time in prison if you don’t know how to give a believable and concise statement to the police 

Is this the Man that the chief of police invited to come and talk to him in the station, and the head honcho said he wasn't concerned he  had not come in for a chat but he wasn't worried because he was in daily contact, or is the Leo starting to take effect.

17 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

I’m not here to make assumptions on what did and didn’t happen, I’m merely stating the fact that the victim having a weapon aggravates the situation. 

To reply to your imaginary situation informing the police that you would kill an intruder next time would immediately have you charged with murder. 

I don’t know about Thai law or what country you’re from but I’d be confident to say reasonable and proportionate force plays are part in any self defence here or anywhere in the world. Pre-planned violence and that above and beyond what is immediately required to subdue an assailant would immediately have you defending yourself in a court of law.

I genuinely hope you’re never put in the situation you described as you will be spending some time in prison if you don’t know how to give a believable and concise statement to the police 

Famous weapon was breakfast / butter knief. Please follow the whole news. Norway guy was full drunk at 4am and was making noise, a bully. 

Archived