section 38 app unavailable

Thai immigration told me to use Section 38 App for my TM-30 reporting, as the immigration website was not working. When I go to the Apple Store to download, it says the App is unavailable in the US store, go to Thai Store, I click yes, it then says I don't have access to the Thai Apple Store, go to US Apple store. I then go to Google Play to download the App, it says "device not available." Finally, thanks to the guys who told me not to use google chrome for the TM 30 reporting, I used Explorer and got one step further, when I click "save" it says "Do you want to save?" I click save and presumably saves, but when I look at the bottom spreadsheet, there is no data (disapears), and when I exit and go to TM-30 data, it is blank. I have no where to turn. I guess I will not do it.

I have the 5 year Thai Elite Visa which gets extended for a year every time I exit/enter the country (up until the fifth year), so I guess my only choice is to exit/enter the country every 90 days to avoid the 90 day report and avoid immigration. Seems every avenue I have taken to electronically do the TM 30 has been stymied.

Helpful hint......I went back into the Thai immigration website and my account.  I looked for TM-30 data, there was none in the spreadsheet on me.  I then did a search with the search function using dates.....bingo, the spreadsheet populated with 5 different entries.....meaning it did accept my three google chrome entries (as well as my Firefox and Explorer).

If you want to access the Thai App Store you need a second apple ID. Logout of your usa ID and create a new one. CHoose Thailand when it asks to select country. The app should now be avialable. I have the same problem but as I dont plan on using the app I haven't tried this configuration, but it should work. To get back to the USA one logout again and logon with your original USA apple ID.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
8 minutes ago, arkarkark said:

Try using https://tm30.io/ instead - this service allows to submit TM30 applicaitons much easier than the Section 38 app which crashes too often lately.

* This website is not affiliated with Government, the Immigration Bureau or the Royal Police. We provide a service which submits TM.30 forms automatically on your behalf through the official Immigration Bureau website without having for you to type in the guest details. How it works?

Vaguely remember this website/service being pedaled previously. There may have been some warnings then?

The TM.30 mobile app may be geoblocked?

The immigration.co.th website now only shows a link to the Android version, can't see reference to the istore version?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38

Section38 (the tm30 app) doesn't work right now because the immigration bureau forgot to update their SSL certificates and all access to the backend is lost. Might take a while till they notice and fix this. The tm30.io website uses the same backend, but ignores the SSL errors, thus allowing the guest submissions to go through and saving the hassle of submitting the paperwork by hand.

update: looks like they fixed it.

Edited by arkarkark

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Anyone here can provide a direct link to the Apple Store Section38? 

You won't be able to even see this app in App Store on iPhone unless your Apple ID is registered as being in Thailand.  You have to follow the advice given by Saltire earlier in this thread.  It worked for me.

20 hours ago, DodgerRodger said:

You won't be able to even see this app in App Store on iPhone unless your Apple ID is registered as being in Thailand.  You have to follow the advice given by Saltire earlier in this thread.  It worked for me.

Did it work recently? For the life of it, I can't figure it out. GF's phone (iPhone) has always been set to Thailand, but app is not available. Same goes for the homeowners phone (Android). One of our friends installed the app a month ago, and she can log in, but we just can't see it on the app store, neither access it from the direct link.

Edited by Stroopwafel

4 minutes ago, Stroopwafel said:

Did it work recently? For the life of it, I can't figure it out. GF's phone has always been set to Thailand, but app is not available. Same goes for the homeowners phone. One of our friends installed the app a month ago, and she can log in, but we just can't see it on the app store, neither access it from the direct link.

Likewise Android on two different 'phones.

3 hours ago, Stroopwafel said:

Did it work recently? For the life of it, I can't figure it out. GF's phone (iPhone) has always been set to Thailand, but app is not available. Same goes for the homeowners phone (Android). One of our friends installed the app a month ago, and she can log in, but we just can't see it on the app store, neither access it from the direct link.

I did the download of the app last October whilst I was in the UK.  Specifically you have to have an Apple ID that has to be assigned as Thailand when you set up the ID and password.  It's not the physical location of the iPhone or the service provider that matters.  I logged out of my usual ID.  Created a new one (do not include payment cards in the registration process as not needed for free apps), did the download, then immediately logged out and returned to my usual ID.  Just checked, the app is still working fine.

1 hour ago, DodgerRodger said:

I did the download of the app last October whilst I was in the UK.  Specifically you have to have an Apple ID that has to be assigned as Thailand when you set up the ID and password.  It's not the physical location of the iPhone or the service provider that matters.  I logged out of my usual ID.  Created a new one (do not include payment cards in the registration process as not needed for free apps), did the download, then immediately logged out and returned to my usual ID.  Just checked, the app is still working fine.

This was in October, its quite a while ago. I mean, two Thai nationals tried for me, and they said they could not access the official links. At least not today. If the app is already installed, there seem to be no problems.

Edited by Stroopwafel