Karaoke Singer Accuses Policeman Of Chopping Her Arm Off

Mid

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such butchery! If the allegations are true, then justice must be seen to be done!

How can Thai people just stand by and tolerate those in authority to 'get away' with it?

This poor young lady has this experience to last her a liftetime. I just hope that there is some charitable organisation that can help her and her family in some way. The Thai Police Benevolent Fund, if the accused is found guilty?

Such butchery! If the allegations are true, then justice must be seen to be done!

How can Thai people just stand by and tolerate those in authority to 'get away' with it?

This poor young lady has this experience to last her a liftetime. I just hope that there is some charitable organisation that can help her and her family in some way. The Thai Police Benevolent Fund, if the accused is found guilty?

Now that would be a novel idea.

The thing I cant believe is that there are 1000's of people reading this forum (including a legal team) and no-one can help us organise a charity for her... I bet if it was something that money could be made out of we would get an immediate response.

Maybe Im just a member of the wrong forum. Sleep well, the lot of you. :o

(I feel a holiday coming!!!)

"this kind of crime makes me think castration should be a legal punishment. if the guy had no balls, he wouldn't have wanted the girl to come to his table anyway- problem solved for next time. "

The act of rape is not one of sex, per se, but of power. If you removed a rapist's testicles, he'd find another avenue to intimidate and manifest his control.

The desire for physical power/physical aggression, however, is tied to testosterone. Take away the balls, then you would see the guy "mellow out" considerably. Of course, there are more things going on here - the officer in question has obvious mental problems. However, in regards to the rest of it, I also and still advocate castration as a punishment, in lieu of more effective (and cheaper!) rehabilitative techniques

Steely Dan, my wife is the same, was outraged by the police actions and felt really sorry for the girl. However, when I mentioned our attempts to set up a fund for the poor lass she replied "careful, police!!"

AKA "Who wants to put the bell on the cat?" 2 ways ... find he cats OWNER - if possible, go through the King, or probably better, the Princess. If thats possible, I don't know. It would be the best possible solution. Women's Rights groups under Royal patronage would also be very good.

The solution is SIMPLE. Make the donor list anonymous, and make sure to point out that donors also come from overseas (they do!). Have the name on the check be from someone offshore, wit no vested interest in business / living in Thailand. The Thai police cannot touch them. Might even make a good press point.

Of course, it would be better to have a Thai bank account because of transfer fees (right?) Someone who really wanted to drum up support for the young lady ought be able to get 100,000 THB NO PROBLEM. Simple PM'ing of everyone who has posted in the thread would be able to get that much.

The bit about face ... Some people just don't seem to get that the best way to save face for everyone is to DO THE RIGHT THING. What a complicated web we weave. No one is really helped out by the face-saving rituals ... Thai people all pretty much know whos face is being saved and why, anyway. IT is just to keep people's feelings from being hurt.

Unfortunately, it creates more hurt than not, overall. There is more การไม่กลมกลืนกัน discord when people have to cover up for some people. It creates more conflict ความบาดหมาง because the different stories all have to be matched up.

None of this helps people understand themselves or nature, and none of this helps the person whose face is being saved, either. It ultimately locks them into the physical world by denying them, and others, true information.

Now that would be a novel idea.

The thing I cant believe is that there are 1000's of people reading this forum (including a legal team) and no-one can help us organise a charity for her... I bet if it was something that money could be made out of we would get an immediate response.

Maybe Im just a member of the wrong forum. Sleep well, the lot of you. :o

(I feel a holiday coming!!!)

I've seen some kind of fund raising in one of Thailand's website:

http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/index.php?op...6&Itemid=50

Thaifelix you made me laugh with that coment,About being on the wrong furam .It is a sad state of afairs when it seem you are banging your head on a brick wall .As i said before i was a member of another site .And we was able to raise 15000 dollers for one 51 year old member ,and 8000 dollers for a female member who had cancer . And had been arrested by the police in maryland .Now if a bunch of P H ers can do that.

Then surely we can do somthing .So hows about we put our heads together and try and come up with somthing .for the sake of this poor girl.

Edited by deon

I hope the cop and his cop boss are both sentenced to prison and the police take responsibility for one of their own ruining this girl's life and prospects by giving her a generous salary payable for the rest of her life. Thoroughly disgusting behaviour that should be dealt with harshly.

I'm a crap organizer, but I know where my pockets are.

You're doing just fine Roamer. I think there are plenty of us who are ready to help. If we took up an offering we could probably take care of the young woman a year or two.

The only viable long term solution is as Mr. Bottlerocket just said. The police need to take responsibility. If the local chief won't step up and do the right thing, it needs to move higher up.

I suspect that the local police department is hoping the story will go away and they will not lose face. It is too late. International newspapers are already picking up the story. People all over the world are talking about this. The only way for the Thai police to save face now is to deal with the guilty policemen who committed the crime. They must be punished severely in order for the police and government of Thailand to restore their honor.

I'm a crap organizer, but I know where my pockets are.

You're doing just fine Roamer. I think there are plenty of us who are ready to help. If we took up an offering we could probably take care of the young woman a year or two.

The only viable long term solution is as Mr. Bottlerocket just said. The police need to take responsibility. If the local chief won't step up and do the right thing, it needs to move higher up.

I suspect that the local police department is hoping the story will go away and they will not lose face. It is too late. International newspapers are already picking up the story. People all over the world are talking about this. The only way for the Thai police to save face now is to deal with the guilty policemen who committed the crime. They must be punished severely in order for the police and government of Thailand to restore their honor.

I got nothing new , this is just a shameless BUMP by moi .

BUMP

I am sure that this appeared in the BkkPost or The Nation. Loook in the internet to find out who wrote the article, an contact him/her. Tell them that you can organize www.thaivisa.com members to make donations to help this young woman. I am sure that they will be able to accept the funds from all of us.

I will be the first one to send in 1,000 . Please PM me and let me know what you were able to do.

I am sure that the newspaper would be delighted to help, and can also legally accept the money.

ALREADY DONE

Nation,

I would like to set up a fund to receive donations for this girl. For publicity, I would use some websites for tourists to provide information about the bank account; funds could be deposited using a simple ATM transfer, or by going into a bank here in Thailand.

Can The Nation establish can account for this purpose?

If not, can I get in contact with the journalist of this story and have them get me in contact with the girl and her family, so that I could arrange to have people deposit funds into her account to assist her.

Thank you for any assistance that you can provide.

ALREADY DONE

Nation,

I would like to set up a fund to receive donations for this girl. For publicity, I would use some websites for tourists to provide information about the bank account; funds could be deposited using a simple ATM transfer, or by going into a bank here in Thailand.

Can The Nation establish can account for this purpose?

If not, can I get in contact with the journalist of this story and have them get me in contact with the girl and her family, so that I could arrange to have people deposit funds into her account to assist her.

Thank you for any assistance that you can provide.

well done ,

if there is any journalistic spirit over there this should grow legs and run now ,

i wait with baited breath .........