Undertaking driver fled the scene after killing two on Bangkok ring road

webfact

Undertaking driver fled the scene after killing two on Bangkok ring road

3pm.jpg

Thai caption: Undertaking led to collision

Police in Bangkok are hunting the driver of a Ford Everest who vaulted a wall after colliding with a Mitsubishi Mirage that was parked on the hard shoulder. 

Witnesses said that the collision occurred when the Everest driver was undertaking on the hard shoulder. 

Two people were pronounced dead at the scene in the Lam Lukka area of the Kanchanaphisek ring road. 

The Mirage had almost half of its back section torn off such was the force of the collision, said Sanook. 

Witnesses saw the driver jump over a wall and run away. 

It could not be ascertained with clarity if the deceased were in or out of the vehicle at the time of the collision. They were found some distance away from the wreckage on a grass verge. 

Police know the identity of the owner of the Ford's registration and are searching for him. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-23

6 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

What a yellow bellied, irresponsible coward. 

Sadly the same seems to be repeated here on a daily basis. Being held responsible for your awful actions is just too much loss of face. I am sure they will catch up with the little toad shortly and I hope they throw the book at him, said book involving substantial jail time.

RIP two innocent people.

Thais should be locked up for leaving a scene. 

Years ago unlicensed morons working for a local hardware store had its load fly off and land in front of my car. Ended up out of control getting around the stuff but had to smash a wheel against the curb and such. We were fine but the car was going to cost a lot to fix, could have been much worse. The pricks immediately had a car come pick them up and another guy pretend he was driving instead. Police didnt care and because i avoided the bulk of the stuff, insurance didnt cover it. Doesn't seem fair! Ended up having to buy a new car because to fix the car was going to cost too much and didn't make sense. After 6yrs we got 1000b compensation from the i surrance company that went broke which the government had to pay up. I lost 1m and got 1000thb after years of fighting... hardware shop got away from all responsibility.

I can’t say that I am surprised, avoidance of conflict is an ingrained trait that all Thais seem to inherit. This is admirable in some instances but it very quickly turns into an inability to acknowledge responsibility for their actions leading to instances like this.

As an outsider I can only comment, my criticisms fall on deaf ears so all I can do is accept that “ this is Thailand “

6 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Undertaking or overtaking?

Overtaking would be using the oncoming lane or at least passing on the correct side. 

In Thailand, the emergency break down lane is an extra lane for when the traffic is dense. Geniuses.

17 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

Thais should be locked up for leaving a scene. 

Years ago unlicensed morons working for a local hardware store had its load fly off and land in front of my car. Ended up out of control getting around the stuff but had to smash a wheel against the curb and such. We were fine but the car was going to cost a lot to fix, could have been much worse. The pricks immediately had a car come pick them up and another guy pretend he was driving instead. Police didnt care and because i avoided the bulk of the stuff, insurance didnt cover it. Doesn't seem fair! Ended up having to buy a new car because to fix the car was going to cost too much and didn't make sense. After 6yrs we got 1000b compensation from the i surrance company that went broke which the government had to pay up. I lost 1m and got 1000thb after years of fighting... hardware shop got away from all responsibility.

Your a bit racist with Thais should be locked up for leaving the scene. You could have written people could be locked up for leaving the scene.

As for your insurance its the same in every country if it costs more to fix then its day value it does not get fixed and you only get day value. Not sure why you expected a new car.

7 minutes ago, lust said:

Overtaking would be using the oncoming lane or at least passing on the correct side. 

In Thailand, the emergency break down lane is an extra lane for when the traffic is dense. Geniuses.

That's how it is in a lot of countries. The difference is it's usually open when there are traffic jams and speeds are 10mph.

In Thailand it's just used as a 4th lane. Time and time again I see pricks weaving through the traffic and undercutting on the hard shoulder travelling well in excess of 80mph +

3 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

That's how it is in a lot of countries. The difference is it's usually open when there are traffic jams and speeds are 10mph.

In Thailand it's just used as a 4th lane. Time and time again I see pricks weaving through the traffic and undercutting on the hard shoulder travelling well in excess of 80mph +

Which countries allow using the emergency lane?

24 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

UK for a start.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/driving-advice/smart-motorways/

And I realise before you kick in that I should have said SOME countries rather than a LOT of countries.

So you think that Thailand uses “smart highway” technology? That link you posted is waaaay different than the roads in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Sadly the same seems to be repeated here on a daily basis. Being held responsible for your awful actions is just too much loss of face. I am sure they will catch up with the little toad shortly and I hope they throw the book at him, said book involving substantial jail time.

RIP two innocent people.

Living in hope hmmmm many get disappointing results 

5 minutes ago, lust said:

So you think that Thailand uses “smart highway” technology? That link you posted is waaaay different than the roads in Thailand. 

I didn't say that. I was pointing out that whilst I agree with you that the hard shoulder is for emergencies, some countries do use it to control traffic flow.

The  real issue  is again the lack of enforcement and education of what the hard  shoulder is for, what its  not for is jumping the queue, undertaking etc same as when the road is stationary the impatient gits  immediately go into that lane to get up the queue, whats  more im 100% sure  most know they should not be there.

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

RIP two innocent people.

Then released after 2 years to do the same again.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

RIP two innocent people.

No jail time, no book throwing just a sorry and i will come to the police station when im not busy, you know how it works here. 

Seems like that’s the first thing Thais learn in their Thailand highway code, if involved in any collision get away as fast as possible, run and don’t look back  and if its ok with your parents take the private jet to Singapore to the family holiday home.

Archived