Undertaking driver fled the scene after killing two on Bangkok ring road

webfact

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Gonna sell a lot more Ranger pick ups as it looks very tough after that accident. Lots of Thai guys with macho big gonads drive these babies.

I presume you mean the FORD EVEREST which is clearly on the mangled bonnet?

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I presume you mean the FORD EVEREST which is clearly on the mangled bonnet?

I keep my screen/monitor a bit away from me now so did not catch that. All in all most truck sales are Fords. And still, Lots of Thai guys with macho big gonads drive these babies. either or the or.  

Really dangerous that Thais use the emergency/motorcycle lane for car usage...incredibly selfish and stupid considering the high risks involved...

just no clue to proper driving and volume of drivers who use to pass or don’t want to sit in traffic is quite disturbing...

and lack of enforcement is why it continues to happen... 

Flee after an accident ... par-for-the-course here and should be made a serious crime rather than some BS excuse to get the intoxicants out of your system before you present yourself at you leisure to the cops, total BS and fleeing a crime scene needs to be made much more of a serious offence.

17 hours ago, robblok said:

Your a bit racist with Thais should be locked up for leaving the scene. You could have written people could be locked up for leaving the scene.

As for your insurance its the same in every country if it costs more to fix then its day value it does not get fixed and you only get day value. Not sure why you expected a new car.

He didn’t say “expected a new car”. 

My read was that he decided to buy a new car, I assume after all the delays and jerkaround. 

On 9/23/2019 at 11:10 AM, lust said:

Overtaking would be using the oncoming lane or at least passing on the correct side. 

In Thailand, the emergency break down lane is an extra lane for when the traffic is dense. Geniuses.

Well, yes, but said lane is generally full of counterflow samlor and motorcycle traffic as well so is difficult to use for breakdowns.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:25 AM, lust said:

Which countries allow using the emergency lane?

The UK  but it is clearly shown on overhead  gantry and only when busy.

We are all very Quick to knock Thai drivers and yes in the main knock is the correct term.

Concentrate a bit on motorcyclist out in the rural area's who need to get from A to B, they live adjacent to a busy dual carriage way and yes it is dangerous to say that using the emergency lane going the opposite direction to the traffic is not clever, but the alternative is,

a. stay at home.

b. Commit the sin.

c. Travel up the to the next U turn which may be several km, then try and get across your 2 lanes and the other 2 lanes, travel back down from which you have just come  and farther to the U turn to allow you to get to the point which was your intention in the first place.

Yes to us Thai people seem to be on a suicide mission and the stupidity of travelling in a pick in the wrong directional at night with lights blazing to me tenders them brain dead.

Archived