Thai Army buys eight attack choppers for Bt12 bn from US

snoop1130

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, mikebell said:

According to one source reporting in the BKK Post the deal is nearly 50% over the list prices.

If memory serves, Saudi Arabia ordered a bunch of them (more than 8...) for about half the price of the current deal. That was a few years back.

Of all those weaponry bought by the Thai government, (remember Prayut was an army General before)

the only things that could be useful are night vision goggles, seeing that they are planning to extend

bars and pubs closing time to 4am, I can see the potential for chasing illegal drinkers through the streets

of Bangkok.

"I drink to make other people more interesting".   Ernest Hemingway  

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

The people are starving. 

But hey, they didn't vote for this mob.

Keep the big boys happy. 

Do not worry. I have faith that eventually the youth will wrestle control away from the hapless, incompetent and utterly useless army. There are some elements of the Thai youth that are impressive. Far more engaged than the previous generation, that is beyond politically apathetic. 

I really cannot understand this fruitless expenditure on promoting violence and WAR by the Thai Military in Thailand.

Surely this massive amount of money could have been used far better in helping the "POOR" or recent "Flood" victims around Thailand!

Sounds like the Thai Military is gearing up for full out confrontation against its Thai Nationals, since it recently also spent large sums buying 120 Armour plated anti personnel vehicles also from USA! Strange Times in Thailand

The people of Issan are struggling with flooding and loss of livelihood but Thai military think it is more important to buy attack choppers for 12 billion dollars - tell me who is the enemy because i wasn't aware that Thailand is under threat from an enemy Army

4 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

It’s there country they will do what they think is best not what you think should be done 

Who are "they"  ?

And best for whom ?

please take some time to answer in more than a sentence.  I want to be ejucated

Meanwhile the poor are being driven out of their homes by flood waters and farmers are near collapse with  the high baht but all the boys can do is add to their toys. This is what happens when Thai's sell their vote for a few baht to the corrupt politicians. It will be generations before this country gets anywhere close to democracy.

2 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

Ok, I'll help, its "educated"..

go sit in the corner jossy.    we all knew that ....uh ,  except you

you are welcome to try to answer the questions .....

6 minutes ago, JGV said:

The people of Issan are struggling with flooding and loss of livelihood but Thai military think it is more important to buy attack choppers for 12 billion dollars - tell me who is the enemy because i wasn't aware that Thailand is under threat from an enemy Army

12 Billion baht.. 400 million Dollars. 

Archived