LINE no

lelapin

2 minutes ago, lelapin said:

I have just read on the internet that if you register with an email address on a new device it automatically deletes LINE and contacts from the original device. This seems to be what has happened to me.

be very careful about having line on 2 ( two ) devices.  My friend lost everything when trying to downlaod, log in on a PC.

It MAY delete your contacts and everything on the original device ….

I was the same and I'm not going to try it ….  i'll just keep it on one device.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, aidenai said:

Yes, after you registered with an email address. With the email address you can use LINE on your iPad, tablet or pc.

you are wrong  ….  google LINE and it states you cannot have LINE on more than one device.

Edited by steven100

You can use the same LINE ID on only 1 mobile device plus 1 desktop/laptop.  As mentioned, when you install and register the same LINE ID on a 2nd mobile device the contents and chat history on the older mobile device are deleted.

You can create a separate LINE ID on your iPad, copy all the contact info from your smartphone to it.  Then when you chat with your friends on either device use a group chat.  ON YOUR PHONE create a group chat by adding the LINE ID for your iPad account to any chat with your contacts and ON YOU IPAD add the LINE ID for your phone account to any chat.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lelapin said:

I have just read on the internet that if you register with an email address on a new device it automatically deletes LINE and contacts from the original device. This seems to be what has happened to me.

Yes, that's normal behaviour.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaveBKK said:

This is all bad information. I have LINE with 1 account on my iPhone. I use a QR code to login with the same account on my iPad. I also use a QR to login on Mac. No problems, no lost contacts, everything syncs.

I too have a single "line" account on my mobile phone, which I do "share with my desktop PC". 

As far as I am aware there is no other way to "share" your  Line number with any other device! 

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

you are wrong  ….  google LINE and it states you cannot have LINE on more than one device.

Don't believe everything you read - I have my Line account on 3 - Laptop, iPad and an android phone without problems !

• Like 2

16 hours ago, aidenai said:

Yes, after you registered with an email address. With the email address you can use LINE on your iPad, tablet or pc.

your not wrong …  the info on LINE given is wrong ….  I have it on my android and I may look at downloading it onto my PC.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DaveBKK said:

This is all bad information. I have LINE with 1 account on my iPhone. I use a QR code to login with the same account on my iPad. I also use a QR to login on Mac. No problems, no lost contacts, everything syncs.

yeah Dave, I just logged into my LINE app on the PC, didn't lose any contacts or anything.

I forgot my password so just took a snap pic of the QR code from my android and it all worked  !! 

• Like 1

You can have your LINE account on one ANDROID device at a time only.

You can put the same LINE account on a windows PC at the same time as the ANDROID device.

My daughter, who has APPLE, ANDROID and WINDOWS devices tells me you can only have your LINE account on one APPLE device because all APPLE devices operate using the same SIRI system.

She also tells me you can have the same LINE account on one APPLE device PLUS one windows device OR one APPLE device PLUS one ANDROID device. 

It appears each LINE account is restricted to one device per operating system but can be shared between different operating systems. She has the same account on her android phone, her i-pad and her windows laptop.

• Thanks 1

I don't know why the people use Line so much. With the existing account restrictions it's complete scrap. There are many other apps for messaging without such problems. Sadly I have to use it because my friends use it.

I need a different Line account on my Android tablet and on my Android phone. I don't use this on the phone anymore because mostly I use the tablet and I don't want to check on two different devices all the time. On top of it on my tablet Line can't handle screen rotation. When I charge it I use it upside down. Line can't handle this. 

1 hour ago, Beggar said:

I don't know why the people use Line so much. With the existing account restrictions it's complete scrap. There are many other apps for messaging without such problems. Sadly I have to use it because my friends use it.

It's aimed a different market. The likes of Facebook and Whats-app are designed primarily as an open platform where you can reach a mass audience quickly. Yes, you can select a private chat option but that is not their main aim and not the way the vast majority use them.

LINE is similar to Skype in it's operation. It's more secure in that you have a private connection to the person you've selected with nobody else having access to it. It's a free and private (video) phone call with a few extras over a straight phone call in that you can easily send files/folders/pictures during the call.

Comparing LINE (and Skype) with Facebook and Whats-app etc is like comparing chalk and cheese. You have both available and choose the platform that suits your needs for that call. In the past I have sent documents to somebody at my bank using LINE but I would never send them using Facebook.

15 hours ago, sumrit said:

It appears each LINE account is restricted to one device per operating system but can be shared between different operating systems. She has the same account on her android phone, her i-pad and her windows laptop.

You are quite right with that. Keyword is 'shared'.

i.e. you have Line on your iPhone, and then install it on your iPad ... 2 different devices. 

One remains the primary where you can make all major changes to the settings. The other one is just 'shared', with restricted options.

Edited by RedPill

2 hours ago, Beggar said:

I don't know why the people use Line so much.

Sadly I have to use it because my friends use it.

Yeah, because it's so easy and wide spread, as you say. 

WhatsApp only works when exchanging phone numbers ... Line just adds a new contact with a 2 second QR scan. 

You can meet & add people and decide later whether you keep them or not ... without ever giving your phone number away.

I think that's also something why people like it.

Edited by RedPill

Yeah, because it's so easy and wide spread, as you say.    WhatsApp only works when exchanging phone numbers ... Line just adds a new contact with a 2 second QR scan.   

I am using Whatsapp on my android phone, on my iPad using PadChat, and on my desktop and laptop using Whatsapp Web.

On 9/26/2019 at 7:01 PM, aidenai said:

I have line on my smartphone and on my notebook, works great on both and any additions or changes in my address book automatically updates across both devise, great.

On 9/27/2019 at 8:57 PM, sumrit said:

My daughter, who has APPLE, ANDROID and WINDOWS devices tells me you can only have your LINE account on one APPLE device because all APPLE devices operate using the same SIRI system.

She also tells me you can have the same LINE account on one APPLE device PLUS one windows device OR one APPLE device PLUS one ANDROID device. 

Your daughter is mistaken. I have an iPad and iPhone and have the same exact Line acct on both. I also have it on my Mac. Same account, same contacts, same conversations all sync’d together. 

1 hour ago, DaveBKK said:

Your daughter is mistaken. I have an iPad and iPhone and have the same exact Line acct on both. I also have it on my Mac. Same account, same contacts, same conversations all sync’d together. 

Ok, if you say that's correct. I'm in Thailand and she's in the UK so I can't check myself, I can only go by what she says. She also has an i-phone, ipad and Mac (if that's what they call an all in one PC). LINE was originally on her phone but was removed when she tried installing on her Mac then was removed from there when she tried installing on her ipad. She then bought the latest i-phone last week and asked them to install LINE on it in the APPLE shop. It was installed already on her ipad. After trying, the guy in the Apple shop checked, then told her that because all apple devices ran the same operating system LINE would only allow the same account on one device.

LINE isn't popular over in the UK so maybe, like my daughter, the staff at the APPLE shop don't know how to set it up.