Refund From Online Purchase........or not!

sjbrownderby

9 minutes ago, sjbrownderby said:

They still accept online transfers from everyone but will not refund using a reversal of the process to foreigners. They will easily accept money but then claim to have made a refund when in fact they most certainly have not. 

That is/was not my experience this week.  They offer online banking but when you select it became go to ATM/mobel process rather than the previous direct login to internet banking and transfer that was available previously and is still available from other large platform.

1 minute ago, sjbrownderby said:

The problem is being a foreigner in Thailand, and being treated differently to everyone else. There is no workaround to that one. 

It would have been solved if you just gave the documents. Your not Thai you dont have the same documents. So expect to be treated differently. They need certain documents you are just too paranoid and hung up on things.

If you had a Thai ID card there would not have been a problem. Your just not Thai so they want your passport. Its basically the same thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

ONLY use COD in Thailand.

And if you want to return the item, as I did last week.........................the money showed up in my Wallet, which I then spent.

In fact the refund was in my Wallet within a minute of dropping the parcel off at Kerry.

Edited by wgdanson

19 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

It was the discriminatory problem that I was intending to highlight. I have also used COD in the past and had I done that this time I may never have known that they openly discriminate against foreigners.

I have been refunded maybe 5 times. I did my purchases using my MasterCard issued by Bangkok Bank 3 times and twice Paypal, and I never had any problem what so ever with getting my money back. I have also through customer service twice converted my money in the wallet to vouchers. 

• Like 1

I have been refunded to KBank virtual shopping debit card direct to card, but when I paid with K+ mobile payment my refund went to wallet I could not activate as a foreigner. I chatted online support and they offered a voucher or bank transfer - I took the voucher. I will use Kbank card in future to get refunded more promptly.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dddave said:

One of the reasons I mostly use Lazada is I have never failed to get a refund back into the visa account that I originally used.  Sometimes it takes an annoying amount of time; it has been up to two weeks but it has never failed to ultimately be posted.  

I have been warned off Shopee and JD by friends who have had difficult experiences with them.

I do the same.........I run it thru my Visa because it eliminates any B S from seller, very easy to file a Dispute of a charge........simple phone call and to date I have never lost a dispute with Visa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sjbrownderby said:

The problem is being a foreigner in Thailand, and being treated differently to everyone else. There is no workaround to that one. 

The problem is NOT being a foreigner in Thailand. The problem is not understanding the regulations of the country as they relate to foreigners banking and money laundering.

My COD purchase refunds have been easily and happily deposited to my SCB account.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, mikebike said:

The problem is NOT being a foreigner in Thailand. The problem is not understanding the regulations of the country as they relate to foreigners banking and money laundering.

My COD purchase refunds have been easily and happily deposited to my SCB account.

A COD purchase was refunded... how does that work ?

I had 1 refund from Lazada without any issues. Paid by credit card and refunded by credit card within 2 days. I could even keep the product which I wanted to return ( because it was a counterfeit product).

A Thai colleague had a similar issue as described by the OP. It was at another webshop which also have normal stores (Homepro). They didn't have a wallet option and they told him that he needed to go to the store to identify himself to get the refund.

In my experience in 15 years in Thailand is that it has improved a lot, since in the past getting a refund in any shop was nearly impossible.

Haha the people who refuse to understand what your saying, must be longtermers lol.  You are right and as for COD the Post Office and Kerry don’t give cashback to the sellers, they remit only to Bangkok Bank accounts, which not all have of course. Secondly buying used COD they both Kerry or the Post Office won’t let you open and check the package before you pay. If it’s not up to scratch you could send it straight back, but of course unless you totally flip out, their is no way your looking first. I just purchased a snooker cue 10,000 baht used and was unable to check it out first, I paid then found it had a crack on the butt, called the seller etc upshot I now have a broken cue I would never of purchased if I inspected it first. Lesson learnt, it truly is buyer beware and always better not too trust anyone when buying used etc. At least with Lazada there is no problem returning things in the given time frame

23 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Don't even know what SEO is!

SEO=search engine optimization, to make the webshop easily to be found and rank high on Google and other search sites. 

If the owner of the webshop gets a lot of traffic to his shop from people searching a particular product and this product is now not in stock, it's much better to keep the product listed, but make it unavailable to buy. Most customers will still browse other products on the site and end up ordering something. 

I have a Lazada wallet account. Or at least I did. They apparently changed it to Thai only. The problem I have is, I still have money in the account that they will not let me have access to. They have not canceled the account, they just won't let me use it.  Every once in a while a get a coupon for anywhere from 50 - 80 baht and they still credit it toward my wallet account even though I can not use it. They did once refund my money for a canceled item and put it into my non usable wallet account. It took me about a month to get them to realize I could not access my money. They then gave me a store credit. It has been COD ever since. 

• Like 1