Refund From Online Purchase........or not!

sjbrownderby

On 9/27/2019 at 6:07 PM, giddyup said:

If it's Lazada, I'm nor Thai, but I do have a wallet. Just got refunded for a defective item and the refund was paid into my Wallet.

You must have gotten the account before they changed the rules. Just like I did. Are you able to top up your account? 

2 hours ago, Cheops said:

SEO=search engine optimization, to make the webshop easily to be found and rank high on Google and other search sites. 

If the owner of the webshop gets a lot of traffic to his shop from people searching a particular product and this product is now not in stock, it's much better to keep the product listed, but make it unavailable to buy. Most customers will still browse other products on the site and end up ordering something. 

Is false advertising not illegal, should be.

I got an email a couple of days ago from Lazada where they have refunded my money to a wallet they will not let me access as a foreigner. Until now still waiting for the voucher refund in its place but it seems from email they are surprised or not ready for this situation which is kind of surprising!? I mean whattf did they think? They should stop sending refunds to wallets if we cannot access them, simple really?

Their email to me below:

We understand that you are unable to use the amount credited under your Lazada Wallet for you are a foreigner and is unable to activate it. You have agreed for the amount to be reinstated in a form of a voucher.
In this case, we will need to escalate this concern with our relevant team to seek for further assistance regarding the concern. Rest assured that we are prioritizing this case and will update you as soon as possible.
As much as possible this is not the experience we wanted our customers to have, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Rest assured that Lazada is striving hard so we could improve our services to our customers.

6 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Is false advertising not illegal, should be.

The webshop just list the product as out of stock. How can that be false advertising? Of course this is not illegal, since otherwise you can sue almost every big brands webshops as well. 

Did you ever arrive at a big shop in Thailand who specifically advertises a sale for a product and you find the shelves empty for that product? (which happens often in Thailand) Will you sue them for false advertising?

I don't say it's not annoying, since it is, but it's not false advertising.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 3:02 PM, Just Weird said:

What has the location of the bank got to do with getting a refund?

It is inconvenient to go to my bank to transfer funds and so much easier to shop on line and pay on line. I do realise that in this case I chose the 'wrong' method to make payment. I could have easily used a debit or credit card drawn from my UK accounts. I chose to simplify things and keep them 'in country' by using one of my Thai accounts online. Surely money laundering is more likely to take place with money flowing into the country from abroad than money already in a Thai account so it is difficult to accept that as a reason that they apply these regulations to foreigners only.  

• Confused 1

I got a cash-on-delivery refund last week to my Wallet. Then used the Wallet to buy something else.

And I got two discount payments of Bht 0.79 & Bht 0.49 into Wallet. What can I spend that on I wonder?

You must have activated your Wallet before new rules went into effect last May.

It is no longer possible for a foreigner to activate Lazada wallet.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

It is inconvenient to go to my bank to transfer funds and so much easier to shop on line and pay on line. 

This is about getting refunds paid into your bank account (not transferring funds in person) so the location of the bank is irrelevant, isn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

This is about getting refunds paid into your bank account (not transferring funds in person) so the location of the bank is irrelevant, isn't it?

Not at all irrelevant. Paying for goods and receiving refunds on line should be easy. The alternative would be to make a personal visit to my bank and make a transfer over the counter which I could also do. Had I transferred at my bank then I think the refund would have been a straight reversal of payment but would have involved me driving 20 km into town.  

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, sjbrownderby said:

Not at all irrelevant. Paying for goods and receiving refunds on line should be easy. 

My comment is about getting a refund, that's all, not about whether paying for goods online should be easy!

If you get a refund sent to your bank account how does the bank's location affect your receiving the refund?  It doesn't, obviously, that's why the location is irrelevant!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Just Weird said:

My comment is about getting a refund, that's all, not about whether paying for goods online should be easy!

In order to actually get a refund you must first pay............unless you know something you would like to share with the rest of us. 

On 9/28/2019 at 10:06 AM, sjbrownderby said:

They still accept online transfers from everyone but will not refund using a reversal of the process to foreigners. They will easily accept money but then claim to have made a refund when in fact they most certainly have not. 

Not my experience at all. I use my credit card most times and the process is reversed rapidly. Even partial refunds are reversed.

• Like 1

Not my experience at all. I use my credit card most times and the process is reversed rapidly. Even partial refunds are reversed.
I also never had any problems with refunds from Lazada. However, to be on the safe side, I always use a credit card when I order something online. That way I can just ask the card issuer to deal with it in case of any trouble.

I had this issue with inaccessible wallet. PITA dealing with Lazada officialdom so just changed my login profile to a partners Thai ID card, wallet activated and transferred wallet refunded money to my bank (even that takes up to 7 days). Will probably need to update the Thai ID card credentials when the card is renewed in future with new laser ID#.

Everything else stays same, billing, shipping address and name etc as my own.