Refund From Online Purchase........or not!

sjbrownderby

1 minute ago, Airalee said:

Online bank transfer...proprietary wallet...blah.

For me, in Thailand COD...period.

It was the discriminatory problem that I was intending to highlight. I have also used COD in the past and had I done that this time I may never have known that they openly discriminate against foreigners.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

In my experience they do that if supplier cannot provide order for shipment within 3 days.  This may happen immediately if stock gone and a good merchant informs platform. 

The item is still showing as available for sale on the website. I just added it to my cart with no indication that it may not be available for immediate shipping. 

1 minute ago, sjbrownderby said:

The item is still showing as available for sale on the website. I just added it to my cart with no indication that it may not be available for immediate shipping. 

Well if they 'sell' more of those products only to keep the funds on their bank for some weeks they might have found a new businessmodel! Amazing Thailand!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

This happens on so many websites. What is even more stupid is something showing on a site , and it says NOT AVAILABLE.

13 hours ago, giddyup said:

If it's Lazada, I'm nor Thai, but I do have a wallet. Just got refunded for a defective item and the refund was paid into my Wallet.

how did you activate the wallet? As I am trying to get a refund and need access to the wallet but at this point I cannot register.

how did you activate the wallet? As I am trying to get a refund and need access to the wallet but at this point I cannot register.

This is the burning question !!

I have some cash in my wallet that I cannot access as I am a foreigner, maybe they have changed the rules regarding the wallet access ?
  • Thanks 1

Been through once or twice.  Although we cannot cannot sign up for the wallet, Lazada issues credits into the wallet from where it can be withdrawn to the linked bank account.  The process for withdrawal is as listed below from their page.  Takes a week or so for it to show up.

https://www.lazada.co.th/helpcenter/Withdrawals-from-Lazada-Wallet.html?spm=a2o4m.helpcenter-article.articles-list.1.5a0d6108NF1UHq

Withdrawal does not apply to rebates, just refunds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tpkhk said:

Been through once or twice.  Although we cannot cannot sign up for the wallet, Lazada issues credits into the wallet from where it can be withdrawn to the linked bank account.  The process for withdrawal is as listed below from their page.  Takes a week or so for it to show up.

Right, but you can not NOW even register to use the wallet unless you are a Thai. The rules seem to have changed. From what I am seeing some were able in the past to register to use the wallet, and can still do so, but if you are a foreigner the door has been slammed in your face.

9 minutes ago, sjbrownderby said:

Right, but you can not NOW even register to use the wallet unless you are a Thai. The rules seem to have changed. From what I am seeing some were able in the past to register to use the wallet, and can still do so, but if you are a foreigner the door has been slammed in your face.

My information was for a different service it seems.  Lazada I believe had to close some financial service for what they said were money laundering issues.  They no longer accept online bank transfers so use credit card when paying them.  Have not had a refund case. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, longball53098 said:

Never activated it, it was there from the time I registered and started using Lazada.

Edited by giddyup

43 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They no longer accept online bank transfers so use credit card when paying them. 

They still accept online transfers from everyone but will not refund using a reversal of the process to foreigners. They will easily accept money but then claim to have made a refund when in fact they most certainly have not. 

• Haha 1