Thailand will be lonely too !

georgegeorgia

Absolutely correct by my experience (not speaking for others). I will be 70 in a week's time. My relationship of 10 years ended about a year ago. Since it ended it has been the loneliest period in my whole life. Last year I spent Christmas and New Year alone. I don't go bars as I am a recovered Alcoholic. It's nothing to do with sex...what I miss more than anything is the constant laughs we had together....all day everyday. Having someone to plan things with, to share things with to holiday with..etc.  Yes, I have tried the dating sites.. they even make one feel lonelier...most of them just want money...not a 70 year old man. The worry (and fear) of having nobody to call if something happens is growing every day. I have almost become a recluse...but have a great belief in a HP of my understanding so I put my life in His hands on a daily basis.

Having said all that...I have had the best 19 years of my life living in Thailand and would do it all over again...

• Sad 1

If your lonely and bored in Farangland, guess what, your eventually going to be lonely & bored in Thailand too

Wrong. You’re NEVER EVER going to be lonely and bored in Thailand if you have sufficient funds (to travel around the country) and if you have a friendly, happy personality.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

news flash everybody. try not drinking.

alcohol is a depressant and even one beer will drag your mood down. 

stay out of bars unless you are looking for a short term pleasure chemical fix.

and stop trying to find a woman who is going to fix you. it does not work that way. 

fantastic here in Thailand.

Abdolutely correct, it is all about you not who you hang with, he could be lonely here but that is up to him. There is a big difference in being lonely and being alone. I say go for it Aussie guy Thailand can be a great place it is all up to you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty much rubbish again . Everytime i read something about life in thailand it is always wrong . I lived by myself in uk for 7 yrs. My daughters lived nearby saw them every few months , my son in london a couple of days at xmas.
Came to thailand  got married and now trying to get some peace is the problem. Usually 5-10 people at my house and my wifes daughters house 20 metres away . Never empty . All farangs that i know have this problem . GF or wife does not matter . Families in thailand stay together . Even when they got to work in bkk all their lives they will come back home to retire . At this moment at 10am have 7 people here .

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, bamboozle said:

Pretty much rubbish again . Everytime i read something about life in thailand it is always wrong . I lived by myself in uk for 7 yrs. My daughters lived nearby saw them every few months , my son in london a couple of days at xmas.
Came to thailand  got married and now trying to get some peace is the problem. Usually 5-10 people at my house and my wifes daughters house 20 metres away . Never empty . All farangs that i know have this problem . GF or wife does not matter . Families in thailand stay together . Even when they got to work in bkk all their lives they will come back home to retire . At this moment at 10am have 7 people here .

I was in your shoes a few yrs ago. Up and moved 600 KM south with ole lady and daughter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2019 at 6:33 AM, georgegeorgia said:

he other night working with him he tells me he is thinking if retiring and going to live in Thailand, where he will have fun everyday and be “busy”

He is totally right and you are wrong, depends what country he is living in. I lonely and bored in my country, came here, and so busy with different things and meeting friends. Been here 8 years now

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bamboozle said:

All farangs that i know have this problem . GF or wife does not matter . Families in thailand stay together . Even when they got to work in bkk all their lives they will come back home to retire . At this moment at 10am have 7 people here .

Isn't that a good thing?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Horace said it 2000 years ago: Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare currunt.

Th skies and not their minds they change who flee across the seas.

Horace would certainly say that about many TV posters.

But others, like Tennyson, would say:

I am become a name;
For always roaming with a hungry heart
Much have I seen and known; cities of men
And manners, climates, councils, governments...
I am a part of all that I have met

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Absolutely correct by my experience (not speaking for others). I will be 70 in a week's time. My relationship of 10 years ended about a year ago. Since it ended it has been the loneliest period in my whole life. Last year I spent Christmas and New Year alone. I don't go bars as I am a recovered Alcoholic. It's nothing to do with sex...what I miss more than anything is the constant laughs we had together....all day everyday. Having someone to plan things with, to share things with to holiday with..etc.  Yes, I have tried the dating sites.. they even make one feel lonelier...most of them just want money...not a 70 year old man. The worry (and fear) of having nobody to call if something happens is growing every day. I have almost become a recluse...but have a great belief in a HP of my understanding so I put my life in His hands on a daily basis.

Having said all that...I have had the best 19 years of my life living in Thailand and would do it all over again...

Should have had more children!

My 20 yo stepdaughter lives with me and my 8yo son.

I'm nearly 64, can see the girl leaving when she finishes uni (next year), but my son should be good until I'm at least 74.

There is a massive cultural difference between western culture and Asian culture. When you have a collective of expats from a variety of countries living in close association with one another in a place like Thailand you have a better chance of finding people to relate to than back home where people are often isolated and lonely. The idea that if you are lonely in your home country you will be the same here is total nonsense and rubbish thinking. Are you trying to discourage people from seeking happiness in their lives? By all means falang, if you are lonely Nd gave the means to go live elsewhere such as Thailand, get on the plane and make a start. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

news flash everybody. try not drinking.

alcohol is a depressant and even one beer will drag your mood down. 

stay out of bars unless you are looking for a short term pleasure chemical fix.

and stop trying to find a woman who is going to fix you. it does not work that way. 

fantastic here in Thailand.

Depressants do not make you depressed per se.  Common misconception.  They slow down (depress) the central nervous system.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I dont agree...most are just after money or want paying for their time.

What if he goes to Pattaya?

real relationship there??

I suggested he try the Phillipines for real love

So what are you implying? its only the Thai girls who are after money or want money for their time? So what are you trying to say?, western woman don't like money and don't want to be paid for their time and

are you applying that you can't find real love with a Thai girl? LOL i think someone has learnt his lesson the hard way. Finding love isn’t determind by country, culture, religon or colour.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 11:27 AM, georgegeorgia said:

You're just another whiner with negative personal opinions. Most of the retirees have friends here or have met people from their home country. Why should your pal be alone in Thailand if he moves here? It's just about picking the right place to stay. And, "try the Philippines for real love"?

Are you for real?? 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 11:27 AM, georgegeorgia said:

The Phillippines for real love ?   Because they are good Catholic girls ?  BS , I have a friend who met a Pinay on Cherry Blossoms , married her and 2 weeks after arriving in the US she accused him of spousal abuse and filed for divorice trying to get all his assets. A cop friend of his found out she had been a hooker in Phill and after some incriminating eveidence on a computer the judge annuled the marriage and she ran. The cop had Pinay wife ( much younger ) and she started running around ( with Phillippine guys) daring him to do anything because they had a kid he adored and she threatened to take the kid in a divorice. Co-worker had a friend who married a Pinay and same thing 10 days after getting here filed for diviorce claiming spousal abuse.

Not saying all Phillippine girls are bad but don't think they are all godfearing liitle Christian Angels . I had a older cousin who married a Pinay after the Korean War and they had 9 kids and she was an Angel.

On 9/29/2019 at 1:51 AM, jastheace said:

so correct. Thailand should not be considered as greener pastures, only as pastures new. hope he listened to ya

everywhere you go you bring your shade along...if you want a life change...change and work at your inner beeing ( your mind ) an outside change of location can bring new impressions and ideas but if your inner beeing ( seeing things ... your reactions ..acting and thinking in a certain way) remain the same...pretty all remains the same...your Thai wife might leave you for the very similar reasons like your europaen ( ... ) wife...or u seek a money relationship...but thats a business not a relationship and doing this reveals your shade once again...a vicious circle....the search for true happiness

Edited by friend of siam
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Dotpoom. Sorry to read your situation. Good luck in finding someone.

I suffer from financial anxiety so forgive the question. How much was you complete monthly budget to have the best years of your life? All costs spread out to produce a monthly budgetnif you would.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Give me a break with all this "true love" <deleted>, you're not 18 anymore and neither is she. It's sort of funny to hear 60 yr old talking about true love with a girl 25 yrs younger.

I don't believe a woman over 25 years old is even capable of loving a man.

A teenage girl can love, but after the first couple of times, it's always about the money.

But my children love me, and a woman to share my bed, for whatever reason, is enough.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

you are so wrong, every day is a great day here in thailand, it is not like the slum australia has become, clubs , pokies , horses, you can bet on anything 24 hours a day, and that is all people do in aus. Now here in thailand you can go to a bar, get without being thrown out by the cranky women bar keep, you can get laid every night by a beautiful , if you want young lass, you can drive out in the bush as fast as you like, YOU ARE FREE, not like aus, just back after 2 weeks there to pick up some more money and no way that i ever want to go back to the UNLUCKY country, aus was once great , not any more, you should shut up and let your mate have a good time, as you do not know nothing !

Yep, just like stropper said [emoji121]️ ....you really should “shut up and let your mate have a good time”. Next...
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Horace said it 2000 years ago: Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare currunt.

Th skies and not their minds they change who flee across the seas.

Ah Horace..

I once did a rather loose schoolboy imitation of Horace..

'Hey mate set up the drinks,

Boys the booze is on me!

for tomorrow we leave port

and sail the Ocean Sea.

This Forum is long overdue a decent discussion about Horace...

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Great post...i hope u can find another partner...according to guys here they can.