Sharp hike in subsidy to encourage consumption of B10 diesel

webfact

Sharp hike in subsidy to encourage consumption of B10 diesel

By THE NATION

800_17cb6fe22b10275.jpg?v=1569830771

The Oil Fund Committee on Monday (September 30) resolved to sharply increase the subsidy for B10 diesel to Bt1.80 per litre from Bt0.95 per litre at present, the committee director, Viraphol Jirapraditkul, said.

The committee also cut by half the subsidy on B7 diesel to Bt0.05 per litre from Bt0.10 per litre. The subsidy on B20 diesel was also slashed, to Bt2.55 per litre from Bt4.80 per litre.

The resolution, which will take effect on October 1, will lower the price of B10 diesel to Bt22.99 per litre, cheaper than B7 diesel by Bt2 per litre.

The price of B20 diesel will be Bt22.99 per litre, Bt3 cheaper than B7.

The committee's resolution is in line with the National Energy Policy Committee's decision on September 11 that the Oil Fund be used to manage the price difference of diesel prices in order to encourage consumers to use diesel B10. This will help absorb the glut of crude palm oil in the market.

Consumption of B20 diesel is expected to decline following the committee's decision on Monday to cut subsidy.

As of July this year, B20 diesel consumption stood at 6.71 million litres per day.

The consumption of B10 is also expected to increase from 13,000 litres per day as of July this year.

People are also expected to use less of B7 and more of B10. The consumption of diesel B7 was 54 million litres per day as of July.

Viraphol said that the global benzene price had already fallen to the level before the recent drone attacks on two major oil-processing facilities of Saudi Arabia’s Aramco.

However, the global diesel price remains high. He believes that the retail benzene operators might reduce their retail prices in the future.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30376899

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-01

1 hour ago, loong said:

Is that a diesel motorbike in the pic?

Must be or they wouldn't show it in a thread about diesel.

I just thought the same thing? I've never seen one or even heard that they existed. Probably one of 'The Nation Thailand' picture editors idea of a joke -- or maybe just sheer stupidity?

2 hours ago, loong said:

A little advice:
don't believe everything you see
don't believe in everything you read

trust your common sense.

2 hours ago, loong said:

It's only happened a couple of times, but ........ I pulled up to the pump on my Click, there were 2 options, diesel or 95 and she asked which one I wanted. Thought she was joking, so said diesel and she proceeded to lift the nossel for diesel.

I asked, if she had ever seen a diesel motorcycle before, she responded 'no' - so why are you asking me if i want diesel or petrol. ????

3 hours ago, loong said:

At PTT

I think orange handle is gasohol95

Blue is Diesel

Green is E20

So that bike is Gasohol/Gas

But at Shell I think

Orange Gasohol 91

Green gasohol85

Blue is Diesel

Typical Thailand

Every place has its own rules ????

Edited by meechai

10 hours ago, webfact said:

will lower the price of B10 diesel to Bt22.99 per litre, cheaper than B7 diesel by Bt2 per litre.

The price of B20 diesel will be Bt22.99 per litre, Bt3 cheaper than B7.

Thai mathematics...….. hope they do not use this in school as an example!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thequietman said:

It's only happened a couple of times, but ........ I pulled up to the pump on my Click, there were 2 options, diesel or 95 and she asked which one I wanted. Thought she was joking, so said diesel and she proceeded to lift the nossel for diesel.

I asked, if she had ever seen a diesel motorcycle before, she responded 'no' - so why are you asking me if i want diesel or petrol. ????

Always  fun to be  had in Thailand 

On 10/1/2019 at 3:16 AM, webfact said:

The Oil Fund Committee on Monday (September 30) resolved to sharply increase the subsidy for B10 diesel to Bt1.80 per litre from Bt0.95 per litre at present

Almost a 100% subsidy increase that would otherwise add 100% inflation to the composite consumer price index rate. That's why in part that the official government CPI is unrealistic.