Drop in domestic travel despite high passenger numbers at Thailand’s 6 key airports

snoop1130

I have always said the tourist numbers are garbage, haven't seen a rise in real tourism rise for yrs, just like the people of the country, nothing but liars, cheats and thieves.

Love the country not the people.

Leaving soon,,, another 100k per month gone from the economy, monkeys,,,,,,

• Like 2

16 hours ago, madmitch said:

And can someone please explain the chart, which bears no correlation to anything in the article and appears to have the two Bangkok airports twice with different figures. Things like this don't do anything to make you believe any of the stats.

Kinda like The Nation's recent cockeyed report and chart on unpaid farang medical expenses at government hospitals.... Must be the same folks putting their charts together.... :ph34r:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Joint probe on carriers not complying with slot schedules

By THE NATION

800_dd81a0e82865a91.png

Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob has instructed the Airports of Thailand (AOT), the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT), and Thai Airways International (THAI) to jointly probe into the issue that some airlines, which had reserved slots in Thai airports, have declined to follow the schedules.

AOT President Nitinai Sirismatthakar said that a number of carriers declined to fly to Thailand according to the slots they had reserved. In some periods, the incidence rate was very high, he added. 

CAAT director-general Chula Sukmanop said the state agency had finished setting the rules on the matter which would become effective in January next year.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30376998

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-03

Now.... Let me guess why the Airlines are not flying to Thailand!!!. MMMmmmm no passengers perhaps???? ????????????

• Like 2

13 hours ago, baboon said:

Plus the skint locals, despite being told how well their economy is doing. From the gardener / repair people, to the nurses, teachers and railway staff in my Moo Baan, many of them are complaining that they can't make ends meet anymore. 

I live in the North and the local business owners all say business continues to be flat.

We have a motel and the last 12 months have been the worse for years

How can u trust stats from a nation that needs a calculator to add together 2 items totalling less than 100thb?

Example............

The last 2 paragraphs both give stats for budget airlines which r different.....duhhhh!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ricky J said:

I have always said the tourist numbers are garbage, haven't seen a rise in real tourism rise for yrs, just like the people of the country, nothing but liars, cheats and thieves.

Love the country not the people.

Leaving soon,,, another 100k per month gone from the economy, monkeys,,,,,,

Been saying it for 15 years only thing wrong with Thailand is it’s full of Thais. I’m only here for the sunshine avoid the people as much as possible. If the sun didn’t shine there wouldn’t be a sole here.

• Like 1

'Suvarnabhumi Airport dealt with the highest number of passengers at 64.7 million, up by 3 per cent, followed by Don Mueang, which had 41 million passengers'

64.7M Chinese coming in and 41M of them taking the next available connecting flight from DMK to Vietnam, TAT happily reports 64.7M tourists ????

Edited by DrTuner

During my upcoming trip I will fly into Bangkok twice , And out of Bangkok , Udon and Phuket once each .In addition I will enter and exit Laos at overland Thai border crossings. Im surmising that this will have me counted as 7 tourists , perhaps an explanation of the sky high tourist numbers not correlating with actual heads on hotel pillows.

Considering I count as 6 tourists a year I very doubt any figures produced here
They're looking at domestic travel. Doesnt matter whether it's one person travelling six times, or six people travelling once. Fact is same throughput overall. They will (should) use this data to estimate future resources required based on capacity.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They never state that the figures refer to both arriving and departing passengers and aircraft.

And can someone please explain the chart, which bears no correlation to anything in the article and appears to have the two Bangkok airports twice with different figures. Things like this don't do anything to make you believe any of the stats.
Think it's bad copy and paste. Phuket and Chiang Mai not mentioned, but Bangkok airports twice as you said.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/2/2019 at 5:42 PM, pieeyed said:

TAT counting people transiting through their airports does not mean they will spend any money.

Did they delete the passengers transiting that already live in Thailand on retirement visas etc., those who were doing a visa run or just a trip to VN.

• Like 1