90 day reporting at CM.

Glad to hear the news about the TM 30.  BTW, my 90-day report only takes me 15 minutes to prepare at home.  The hotel admin sends it by registered mail for me.  Of course, if the online app starts working, that will be even better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, khunpa said:

the 90 day report took me less than 5 min.

Must have been a queue lol.  Seriously though, I've been in and out in half the time at Bluport office in Hua Hin.  It actually took longer to walk from the door to the desk and back again!

3 hours ago, khunpa said:

It has become much faster to do the reporting than it was some years ago.

Hmm.  I remember 'some years ago' when there was no such thing as a 90 day report.  I never reported for the first few years.

I agree with your sentiment 'praise where due' as opposed to all the IO bashing.

1 hour ago, jchfriis said:

Did my 90 day reporting online in 3 minutes today without leaving the house. Haven't visited Immigration for anything but extensions for many years now.

In my case this does not work. The problem is that I did not leave the country in the last 12 years, so the app or online service is complaining "Cannot find entry information". In addition, I got a new passport since the last entry, which makes it even more difficult for the local software "engineers" or database designers. ☹️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HHTel said:

Hmm.  I remember 'some years ago' when there was no such thing as a 90 day report.  I never reported for the first few years

How many years ago. If you were in and out of the country for whatever reason and never stayed 90 uninterrupted days you wouldn't need to, but otherwise the 90 day report requirement has been around for quite awhile ... although some people claimed they chose not to comply.

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

I don't think my 90 day reports has ever taken 5 minutes. But then, I don't go to CM Immigration, but Udon Thani ….. and no Tm30 nonsense when you travel.

1,5 min tops to do the 90 days report + maybe 2-3 min waiting and no need for the TM47 except for the first time. This is at Jomtien Immigration. And as you said,no TM30 when travelling inside Thailand.

On 10/3/2019 at 3:44 PM, DogNo1 said:

Glad to hear the news about the TM 30.  BTW, my 90-day report only takes me 15 minutes to prepare at home.  The hotel admin sends it by registered mail for me.  Of course, if the online app starts working, that will be even better.

What kind of problem do you have with the 90 days report app? 

22 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

In my case this does not work. The problem is that I did not leave the country in the last 12 years, so the app or online service is complaining "Cannot find entry information". In addition, I got a new passport since the last entry, which makes it even more difficult for the local software "engineers" or database designers. ☹️

I see the problem. But once you have been to Imm. with your new passport and done the 90 day report, the online system should work for the subsequent reporting. I use the Firefox browser and that works well.

On 10/3/2019 at 4:43 PM, jchfriis said:

Did my 90 day reporting online in 3 minutes today without leaving the house. Haven't visited Immigration for anything but extensions for many years now.

I have never tried the 90 day reporting online. But will give it a try next time. Do I need some password for that too? Just to know if I need to try it long before.

7 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Do I need some password for that too? Just to know if I need to try it long before.

No registration is needed or a password for website. Just complete page one of the application for a online report.

Site for it. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Be sure you scroll down to the bottom of the terms and conditions and click the box before clicking accept.

24 minutes ago, khunpa said:

I have never tried the 90 day reporting online. But will give it a try next time. Do I need some password for that too? Just to know if I need to try it long before.

For the app you register using your email and a password of your own.

11 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Why go there when you can do it online which saves time and money?

My problem using the 90 days report app, is that I don't have a printer anymore. I am staying 10 baht away from Jomtien Immigration and same price to the nearest shop with a printer. They want 10 baht for a printout. ????

On 10/3/2019 at 6:12 PM, hkt83100 said:

On 10/4/2019 at 5:03 PM, jchfriis said:

I see the problem. But once you have been to Imm. with your new passport and done the 90 day report, the online system should work for the subsequent reporting. I use the Firefox browser and that works well.

jchfriis is not listening. hkt83100 said his problem was the incompetence of the Thai system designer. There are two separate systems, the regular one and the one for 90 day reporting, and they do not talk to one another. When the 90 day reporting system was introduced several years ago, it started with an empty database: it knew for sure that there were no foreigners at all in Thailand at that point. No they did not reformat the existing data in the regular system and start the 90 day system off with the correct information, and no one has done this task ever since. And the 90 day reporting system can only enter a foreigner into its database at a border entry station, not at an immigration office, So this problem is DESIGNED IN, and UNFIXABLE BY DESIGN. The only way to get around it is for the foreigner to leave Thailand, step over the border, step right back in, and thus be entered into the 90 day system. How stupid is that?!?!!. Strangely, every time I told my employer that they had to pay for a wild, drunken orgy of a vacation to Penang BECAUSE OF THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE THAI GOVERNMENT, they said no.

In addition, hkt83100 has a second problem: a new passport. IF he paid for a senseless and wasteful trip out of the country so he got into the 90 day reporting system, then his local immigration office could tell the 90 day system about the new passport. There have been reports on TVF of foreigners being refused this service because the IO staff wasn't trained how to do it, didn't even know about it, or just didn't want to, but that it yet another problem in Thailand. At that point, if none of the other many reported bugs and problems with the 90 day system affect hkt83100, he could probably use the online system's web pages or cell phone app, saving himself lots of trouble. But just saying "Ooooooo, it worked for me, so there are absolutely no problems" is wrong, stupid, pointless, insulting ..... and very common in TVF.

Edited by dave s

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

Why go there when you can do it online which saves time and money?

Because for too many people the online system just does not work, and then doesn't even tell you why. It has one error message for everything: "Oooooo, just run down to your local immigration office, whether that's a 5 minute walk, or a 6 hour drive." , But no one at the immigration office has access to look up the problem, either. State of the art software design ..... for Thailand.

9 hours ago, Max69xl said:

My problem using the 90 days report app, is that I don't have a printer anymore. I am staying 10 baht away from Jomtien Immigration and same price to the nearest shop with a printer. They want 10 baht for a printout. ????

More serious is if you have the problem that for some people, the online system sends them a zero byte PDF file to print. State of the art software ..... for Thailand.

Edited by dave s

13 hours ago, khunpa said:

No password or registering required. 

I agree. About 3 years ago that was the procedure at CM. Only needed when go out of country. Easy process. Last two years had re-entry permits, but didn't go anywhere, so don't know when they switched procedures if in fact they did.

16 hours ago, dave s said:

jchfriis is not listening. hkt83100 said his problem was the incompetence of the Thai system designer. There are two separate systems, the regular one and the one for 90 day reporting, and they do not talk to one another. When the 90 day reporting system was introduced several years ago, it started with an empty database: it knew for sure that there were no foreigners at all in Thailand at that point. No they did not reformat the existing data in the regular system and start the 90 day system off with the correct information, and no one has done this task ever since. And the 90 day reporting system can only enter a foreigner into its database at a border entry station, not at an immigration office, So this problem is DESIGNED IN, and UNFIXABLE BY DESIGN. The only way to get around it is for the foreigner to leave Thailand, step over the border, step right back in, and thus be entered into the 90 day system. How stupid is that?!?!!. Strangely, every time I told my employer that they had to pay for a wild, drunken orgy of a vacation to Penang BECAUSE OF THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE THAI GOVERNMENT, they said no.

In addition, hkt83100 has a second problem: a new passport. IF he paid for a senseless and wasteful trip out of the country so he got into the 90 day reporting system, then his local immigration office could tell the 90 day system about the new passport. There have been reports on TVF of foreigners being refused this service because the IO staff wasn't trained how to do it, didn't even know about it, or just didn't want to, but that it yet another problem in Thailand. At that point, if none of the other many reported bugs and problems with the 90 day system affect hkt83100, he could probably use the online system's web pages or cell phone app, saving himself lots of trouble. But just saying "Ooooooo, it worked for me, so there are absolutely no problems" is wrong, stupid, pointless, insulting ..... and very common in TVF.

Dave, I'm listening. I never knew that you had to re-enter the country to get into the system. I thought you got into the system once you had reported in persona at the imm. office. So thank you for the clarification. And do I agree: "State of the art software design" 555. When it was introduced the only way to use it was through Microsoft Internet Explorer, a browser which was already outdated.

So my post was definitely wrong. Stupid? I'd call it ill-informed. Pointless, maybe, now that I know better. But insulting? I never meant to insult anyone, and I fail to see how anybody could feel that way.

On 10/3/2019 at 1:54 PM, legend49 said:

She asked why I didnt want a multi entry permit as I get one every year. Told I have had the CNX IMO Muppets and their stupidity on interpretations of TM 30 so going no where any more.

????

That's a bit excessive. 

Refuse to go anywhere out of spite. Because of what.... logging into the TM30 online website or App for 2 minutes when you get back to Chiang Mai??

lol

18 minutes ago, jchfriis said:

Dave, I'm listening. I never knew that you had to re-enter the country to get into the system. I thought you got into the system once you had reported in persona at the imm. office. So thank you for the clarification. And do I agree: "State of the art software design" 555. When it was introduced the only way to use it was through Microsoft Internet Explorer, a browser which was already outdated.

So my post was definitely wrong. Stupid? I'd call it ill-informed. Pointless, maybe, now that I know better. But insulting? I never meant to insult anyone, and I fail to see how anybody could feel that way.

I find it hard to believe that Immigration can't initiate a person in the system even if he entered the country years back, and has a new passport. There must be many others who hasn't left the country for years,and they will never be able to use the TM30 app or website. 

6 hours ago, jchfriis said:

There are development software packages that are advertised with "No brain needed! Just click blindly on some buttons, without understanding a thing!" This kind of thing is too common in Thailand. The Internet Explorer restriction is because the original web pages were written with a development package like this.

The problems with this code really upsets me. I have trouble getting around, some days I just cannot walk, Thailand will not give me a driver's license, and a taxi from my place to immigration at Saphan Hin can cost several thousand baht each way, because of the taxi mafia. If there was a serious issue, as there can be with computer security, I could understand, but there's no excuse for all the nonsense and incompetence, and it hurts me in particular. I am very sorry if I made you feel bad.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

I find it hard to believe that Immigration can't initiate a person in the system even if he entered the country years back, and has a new passport. There must be many others who hasn't left the country for years,and they will never be able to use the TM30 app or website. 

The OP is about 90 day reporting. I do not know about the online stuff for TM30, because I rent a condo and the building office is all set up with the power to do that reporting on behalf of the landlord.

Updating your passport information for 90 day reporting apparently is now possible at an ordinary immigration office. There was past discussion about central immigration not telling some of their field offices that it became available, or how to do it, but there have been reports that it works OK when they do it right.

When immigration revived the 90 day reporting requirement, the foreign staff at the place I worked rebelled, and human resources wound up in the business of constantly transporting most of the foreigners back and forth to the local immigration office. On one of these sojourns I made a fuss about why the then new online system wouldn't let me use it. The answer H.R. finally got from Bangkok was that this is a feature, not a bug: IOs are police officers, and therefore cannot be trusted to make entries into the database. Take that as you will. The explanation I believe, that local offices by design cannot fix the missing data record problem, came from a participant named Pib, who is one of the victims who can't use the online system because he hasn't left then instantly re-entered Thailand since the online system was introduced.