Good job Khon Kaen Immigration

Be interested to know how you did your monthly transfers, who you used and how much they looked, if any, into bank codes etc for international transfers.

Also which bank letters you took with you.

Thanks. 

Edited by Kadilo

We live in Khon Kaen. Initially I was doing marriage extension but for the last 4 years it’s been retirement and just keep the funds in my account all year. Like the OP my experience has been nothing but excellent and quite swift. Staff are friendly and very helpful. We travel regularly so my wife always does my TM30 when we get back. She’s in and out in 10-15 minutes. The IO said no need if we are away for only a few days but my wife does it anyway. She says that way if they change staff anytime we are all in compliance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graemeaylward said:

For the past 7 years, I have had an account with Bangkok Bank. I have always transferred my pensions, one 4 weekly (State Pension) and the other on the last day of each month from my UK Lloyds Bank account by SWIFT transfer, sending as GBP, costing £9.50 each time. It usually arrives the following day, and my BKB account always shows it as FTT. The IO checked each entry on my statement, so presumably checked the coding. I was not asked as to the source of funding but could have shown that it was all from pensions. The bank letter, which cost 100 baht, was in Thai, but presumably stated they my account was legit. The 12 month bank statement, cost 200 baht, and took 4 working days for the bank to prepare, as it had to come from Head Office in Bangkok! Don't ask me why! I find this odd that the main BKB branch in Khon Kaen does not have access to my transactions older than 6 months, when I could print off ten years worth of statements if I wished from my UK bank account!

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Excellent info thanks 

Just to clarify and follow up from Ubonjoe post, did they ask to see the 12 month statement from you or did you just take that anyhow? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

The 12 month bank statement, cost 200 baht, and took 4 working days for the bank to prepare, as it had to come from Head Office in Bangkok! Don't ask me why! I find this odd that the main BKB branch in Khon Kaen does not have access to my transactions older than 6 months, when I could print off ten years worth of statements if I wished from my UK bank account!

I've always found the staff at KK to be friendly and helpful.

On my recent extension visit at KK I got away with showing a statement for 6 months from the local Bangkok Bank but also submitted statements I had printed out for the previous 12 month using online banking. I had printed out the statements every 6 months to be sure to have 12 months. It really is a head scratcher why Bangkok Bank only gives access to 6 months of statements.

The head IO was firm about wanting 12 months for this year. That could be rough on some people.

The IO recommended going to Bangkok Bank every 6 months for a statement implying that would be acceptable documentation. Be sure to get it stamped and or signed at the bank.

Edited by KeeTua
edit
  • Thanks 1

Did the bank have to list the transactions as in Jo's sample letters or did you use an on line print? Personally I am obtaining a credit advice for each transaction and will present them back to the bank for the annual list which is what I did in August.

3 hours ago, Riojasue said:

We’re in Khon Kaen and have only had excellent experiences with them there. The staff are always helpful and polite. If there are any queries they do try to help you sort them out. Glad you got your extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Nice to hear that, but this sort of thing at Thai IOs should be normal, so here's hoping things are heading in the right direction.

May I say that I still believe Thailand treats us expats like criminals with all this reporting nonsense, but it is not the individual IOs and officers to blame as most of them are decent people only doing their jobs.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Did the bank have to list the transactions as in Jo's sample letters or did you use an on line print? Personally I am obtaining a credit advice for each transaction and will present them back to the bank for the annual list which is what I did in August.

Apparently he just got the standard bank letter. Not the one listing the transfers.

He used bank statements that showed all of his transfers came from abroad (Foreign T/T on Bangkok Bank statements). 

15 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

but I have noticed a distinctly positive change in staff attitude at Khon Kaen over my last few visits and a far more relaxed atmosphere pervades.

They are happy as they have nice  air conditioned offices, unlike when they were forced to sit outside during the hot season for not passing up the chain. 

There was a big fuss over their tip box, which the ex finance minister posted on his Facebook. They also charge 10 times the going rate for photo copies. 

Screenshot_20191004-124505_Chrome.jpg

38 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

No mention of a house visit or do they not do it in K K ?  as they do in Trat whatever extension you have.

I had a house visit only once around 5 years ago when doing my extension based on marriage. Never had one before that or since, I’ve now changed to retirement. 

Apparently he just got the standard bank letter. Not the one listing the transfers.
He used bank statements that showed all of his transfers came from abroad (Foreign T/T on Bangkok Bank statements). 

That is correct ubonjoe, that was all that I was asked to obtain by IO.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No house visit ever (retirement extension with 800k+, easiest route).

Last extension done on Sep 10. No surprises whatever.

No asking to show bank book again in x months or so.

(maybe due to the fact that the money is in the account for long).

Friendly? Well the IO at counter 1, I would call him the "big silence".

Hardly opening his mouth, not responding to greeting.

But what do I care about?

No more tip box seen at the new location.

Just I (really) forgot the 100 Baht return from the two 1000 Baht notes :tongue:

They didn't earn a single Baht on photocopies.

After a few years I have the complete pile ready.

Edited by KhunBENQ