How is Revolut these days?

Old thread suggested their forex rate wasn't very good. Still the case? I would be doing transfers to the US from Thailand. They just sent me an invite today after a couple months wait.

I'm also curious about Revolut in Thailand instead of PayPal. What I would like to do is receive some larger payments to a Revolut account instead of PayPal and transfer the funds to a Thai account regularly. I'm not interested in the cards or anything else, just the cheaper transfers from USD to Thai account, because PayPal's 4,4% charge every time is becoming too expensive. Any ideas on this?

I'm also curious about Revolut in Thailand instead of PayPal. What I would like to do is receive some larger payments to a Revolut account instead of PayPal and transfer the funds to a Thai account regularly. I'm not interested in the cards or anything else, just the cheaper transfers from USD to Thai account, because PayPal's 4,4% charge every time is becoming too expensive. Any ideas on this?
Transferwise sounds a much better option

There was a big scandal this summer on a Revolut client whose card was hacked and lost a five figure amount. Very poor and unacceptable customer support was provided from Revolut  I do not trust this firm any more.

(for the reference purists, internet has many other reports on issues with Revolut in the past)

Edited by observer90210

11 hours ago, observer90210 said:

There was a big scandal this summer on a Revolut client whose card was hacked and lost a five figure amount. Very poor and unacceptable customer support was provided from Revolut  I do not trust this firm any more.

(for the reference purists, internet has many other reports on issues with Revolut in the past)

My experience with their support was awful. Really dire. The staff themselves are fine. It's just the system. Totally unworkable. Took months to get my issue resolved, Where it could take a day or two, conventionally.