Video: Restaurant daylight robbery by men on motorcycle

webfact

14 hours ago, ta158 said:
21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Rife?  You're commenting on the second reported incident, yes?  Hardly "rife".

Yes the second reported on english news... you know There is more crime happening that thai visa and bangkok post does not report right? But i know you are the biggest thai apologist and There is no crime in thailand. Funny that you think that all the crimes you see here is the only ones existing

If this particular type of crime that someone said is "rife" is that common, there must be scores of them, at least, reported somewhere in order for that person to know that it is rife.  My money says that you couldn't link to, let's say, just three other empirical examples of the same crime.

"But i know you are the biggest thai apologist and There is no crime in Thailand".

You're wrong on both counts, there. 

PS, do you actually know what "apologist" means?

17 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Well, I've almost died a dozen times here. 

So who is right, me or you? 

He is. 

How can you have "almost died a dozen times here", what does that mean? 

What is it about you that has made you so prone to life-threatening injuries in Thailand in particular?  Or, do you really mean that you have not almost died here a dozen times?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Where did you get your LL.B?  Robbery is a crime of theft.

Are you joking or do you actually not get it? Once again, since you seem to have difficulties understanding: robbery is a crime where you steal using violence or threats of violence. In other words: theft + violence = robbery.

If you steal something without using violence or threats, it is not robbery, but just normal theft. In the article in question, the guy stole something but didn't use violence or threats, and therefore it is not considered robbery, but theft.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, Langkawee said:

No , have your belongings hanging around your neck. And never resist unless you want your innards on the ground. 

Hmm. What if said belongings are hanging from a line that is stronger than your neck?

And isn't tying things to your body a firm of resistance to theft?

Seems like a bag with a wide web strap around you shoulder might be better?

On 10/9/2019 at 6:02 PM, Myran said:
On 10/9/2019 at 3:58 PM, Just Weird said:

Where did you get your LL.B?  Robbery is a crime of theft.

Are you joking or do you actually not get it? Once again, since you seem to have difficulties understanding:

Are you joking or do you actually not get it? Once again, since you seem to have difficulties understanding: robbery is a crime of theft.

• Haha 1

Reported post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Are you joking or do you actually not get it? Once again, since you seem to have difficulties understanding: robbery is a crime of theft.

How can you not understand something as simple as this? Again: this is something my small niece grasped in a matter of seconds.

All robberies are theft, but that does not mean that all theft is robbery.

All sharks are fish, but that does not mean that all fish are sharks.

Once again: the definition of robbery is stealing something using violence. Did the perpetrator use violence in this case? No? Then it is not a robbery.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:38 AM, Just Weird said:

If this particular type of crime that someone said is "rife" is that common, there must be scores of them, at least, reported somewhere in order for that person to know that it is rife.  My money says that you couldn't link to, let's say, just three other empirical examples of the same crime.

"But i know you are the biggest thai apologist and There is no crime in Thailand".

Wait, when did I say it was rife? It was someone else. Also every crime news you are there too argue with people about crime in Thailand like you know everything.

It is common throughout Thailand, most snatchings does not get reported/published to news. Most snatching of course happens in the cities, pattaya is the worst there is signs saying beware of snatchers in some cities so that tells me it is an problem?

my mother got snatched in khao talo, no news about it, we have also got burgled, motorbike stolen, attempted snatchings but never news reports, and it is the same with all other family members and friends... a family friend from Europe who wore gold got told by us to remove it, he said no one dares to take it from me, 1 week later he ended up in a ditch when he lost control, he got his chain snatched ????

some shootings also dont make it to news, 3 years ago there was a shooting not far from our house, I heard it but did not pay any attention to it, later that day the school guard I know said did you see/hear the shooting and told me what happened, also no news about it, my sisters ex boyfriend got shot in downtown pattaya in a fight, he went to public hospital and he did not want police involved, nothing happened no news, no cops. 

And even less violent crimes in thai Visa and Bangkok post.

I'm sure you can search on Google about snatchings in Thailand too see ????

but I'm only born and raised here what do I know about crime here

Edited by ta158
Wrote wrong
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ta158 said:
On 10/9/2019 at 3:38 PM, Just Weird said:

Wait, when did I say it was rife? It was someone else. Also every crime news you are there too argue with people about crime in Thailand like you know everything.

It is common throughout Thailand, most snatchings does not get reported/published to news.

Born and raised in pattaya, my mother got snatched in khao talo, no news about it, we have also got burgled, motorbike stolen, attempted snatchings but never news reports, and it is the same with all other family members and friends... a family friend who wore gold got told by us to remove it, he said no one dares to take it from me, 1 week later he ended up in a ditch when he lost control, he got his chain snatched ????

I'm sure you can search on Google about snatchings in Thailand too see ????

"Wait, when did I say it was rife? It was someone else".

You didn't.  Where did I say that you did?   What I said was, "If this particular type of crime that someone said is "rife"...".  But you did respond to it.

"Also every crime news you are there too argue with people about crime in Thailand like you know everything".

It's a public forum, the idea is discussion, isn't it?    You're suggesting that everyone else knows everything but I'm not allowed a comment, or opinion, without attracting insults from some quarters.  How exactly does that work?  Does it ever cross your mind that I may be right just as others could be?

"It is common throughout Thailand...".

I was responding to a poster claiming that this specific type of crime was rife, this specific crime is not rife.

"...most snatchings does not get reported/published to news".

That does not make any sense.  If most snatchings do not get reported how can anyone say that they are happening?  They're unreported so, by definition, there's no way for you to know about them!

Your one snatching and the story of one that allegedly happened to  a friend does not make it "rife".    The other crimes you mentioned are all irrelevant to the claim that this specific crime that was reported in the OP is rife .

"I'm sure you can search on Google about snatchings in Thailand too see"

No need for me to search for them as I'm not the one who made the "rife" claim.

From my comment that you quoted, "My money says that you couldn't link to, let's say, just three other empirical examples of the same crime".

Seems that I was right.

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Wait, when did I say it was rife? It was someone else".

You didn't.  Where did I say that you did?   What I said was, "If this particular type of crime that someone said is "rife"...".  But you did respond to it.

"Also every crime news you are there too argue with people about crime in Thailand like you know everything".

It's a public forum, the idea is discussion, isn't it?    You're suggesting that everyone else knows everything but I'm not allowed a comment, or opinion, without attracting insults from some quarters.  How exactly does that work?  Does it ever cross your mind that I may be right just as others could be?

"It is common throughout Thailand...".

I was responding to a poster claiming that this specific type of crime was rife, this specific crime is not rife.

"...most snatchings does not get reported/published to news".

That does not make any sense.  If most snatchings do not get reported how can anyone say that they are happening?  They're unreported so, by definition, there's no way for you to know about them!

Your one snatching and the story of one that allegedly happened to  a friend does not make it "rife".    The other crimes you mentioned are all irrelevant to the claim that this specific crime that was reported in the OP is rife .

"I'm sure you can search on Google about snatchings in Thailand too see"

No need for me to search for them as I'm not the one who made the "rife" claim.

From my comment that you quoted, "My money says that you couldn't link to, let's say, just three other empirical examples of the same crime".

Seems that I was right.

Sorry My bad English is not my strongest language. 

And the thing with you arguing is not that you are not allowed it's just that it can be 100 people saying this is common and you would disagree, but you can disagree

Well for a fact most snatchings i see happening is from social media posts not news or police reports, and knowing some people that have been victim and reported to police but no news about it, and again if the city puts out beware snatch thief's it kinda shows there is snatching problems.

"Your one snatching and the story of one that allegedly happened to  a friend does not make it "rife" " well again I never ment it to be seen as it is rife I said it is common.

"No need for me to search for them as I'm not the one who made the "rife" claim." 

No but you write like it is not an problem at all in Thailand, so it should be you searching on it so despite numerous people saying it is common or a problem, probably hundreds of internet sites saying it is common, despite the signs you still seem to think that it is not an issue, before you write "rife" I never intend to say it is rife as it is not.

You could have just said it is not rife but common 

Go read news in thai and you will see alot more crimes and violence that is not published here have a good day sir ????

Also did you see the 2 different festival/concert shootings that happend days apart in isan? In both cases 1 dead 2 injured, and some of them was innocent, here is an example of crime that tourists and expats dont hear about 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...