Applying SETV in Hong Kong - checklist

Hi, I'm planning to fly to Phuket next month for 1 week, this will be my 2nd SETV this year from HK, previously I spent 36 days in February (SETV), and 8 days in April (extension/re-entry), but I *overstay 1 day* (lost ATM card, bank was closed May/1 so I had to wait May/2). I got new passport last month (old one was completely full, mostly Chinese stamps as I hop there weekly from HK for business), new one has 1 page stamps from EU, CN, SG & VN.

I went to HK consulate to confirm requirements, they just repeated same as the website (app+pics, passport & entry slip copy, hotel & flight booking)... As I want to make sure this application goes smoothly, I will also provide 2 bank statements (from my country and from HK too), and also 'Employer Letter', since I read last month they denied one guy in HK for missing these documents, so I don't want to take any chances...

I searched online for Employer Letter form, it just says like "this guy works in this company since xxx year, and his salary is xxx", is that correct form? Since I'm owner & director of my HK company, I don't have salary per se, so will it be enough if I just write "he is employed as director, planning vacation trip to Thailand, etc..."? Also will they be able to see my 1 day overstay in their system at the consulate? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks Joe... Do you think my version of Employer Letter will be OK? (as I'm owner/director, I don't have real salary, so I can just write "he is working as director since xxx year, and planning vacation trip in Thailand during xxx"...?

Last month one guy got denied SETV in HK because he didn't had Bank statement and Employer letter, even if reception worker didn't said they need it... If this is really requirement, it could put off many people who pass through HK on their Asia trip and plan to hop to Thailand, as many do...