Transit the airport without going through immigration

GeraldB22

Hi

I have a question regarding airport transfers

I have a flight ticket booked - BKK to London Heathrow.

I would like to fly into BKK 6 hours prior to that flight from Malyasia, on a different airline, and transit to my flight without having to go through BKK immigration.

I will have checked in luggage and have a done a little research on the subject and discovered the concept of interline agreements for forwarding on my checked in baggage to the second flight. The airline taking me to London has an interline agreement with the second airline, however I understand that it is the discretion of the checking agent at the initial location as to whether they will do this. I intend to contact both airlines before my flight to see if I can get some kind of agreement that they will do this.

I was wondering if anyone else has managed to do this? 

Someone will probably ask why I want/need to do this, but getting into that just complicates the question so I have left the issue out.

You don't say which airlines you are using but generally if they are both legacy carriers (not low-cost) you will be able to check your luggage through to your final destination by showing them your ticket for BKK-LHR/LGW. It is a standard procedure.

Whether the first airline will be able to issue you a Boarding Pass for the 2nd airline will depend on whether they are partners or not. If not in the same alliance you may need to go to the airside Transit Counters at BKK to have your Boarding Pass issued. Again, depending on the airline, that may be handled by THAI Airways even if they aren't the carrier.

7 hours ago, thedemon said:

You don't say which airlines you are using but generally if they are both legacy carriers (not low-cost) you will be able to check your luggage through to your final destination by showing them your ticket for BKK-LHR/LGW. It is a standard procedure.

Whether the first airline will be able to issue you a Boarding Pass for the 2nd airline will depend on whether they are partners or not. If not in the same alliance you may need to go to the airside Transit Counters at BKK to have your Boarding Pass issued. Again, depending on the airline, that may be handled by THAI Airways even if they aren't the carrier.

Yes they are in the same alliance.

If I was to have no checked in baggage would this be less of an issue?, in that situation, with a valid travel ticket on another airline is it possible to avoid going through immigration regardless of whether they are in the same alliance?

2 minutes ago, GeraldB22 said:

Yes they are in the same alliance.

If I was to have no checked in baggage would this be less of an issue?, in that situation, with a valid travel ticket on another airline is it possible to avoid going through immigration regardless of whether they are in the same alliance?

Yes you could as long as you could have a Boarding Pass for the connecting flight issued at the Transit Counter because you need that to pass security and enter the Departures level. I presume that an electronic Boarding Pass on your phone should work too. But I'm not certain about that.

Most, maybe all low-cost airlines don't have any representation in the Transit area and require a document check before issuing a Boarding Pass. In that case, it wouldn't work. 

Archived