No More Xbox 360's At Mbk + Mates Xbox Is Bust...

davejonesbkk

Ok so my friends 360 has been bust for a while now (I'll come back to this later) so his gf took it to MBK to see if she could get it fixed. Anyway she called him up and said that NONE of the shops there were selling them anymore because so many of them were being returned, even at Art & Gun Game which I advised her to go to as thats where I got mine in Jan. Apparently people are returning them after 5 days as they keep locking up, so all the shops have just stopped selling them.

Can anybody shed anylight on this situation?

I got mine form Art & Gun game but havent had any probs so far (TOUCH A MASSIVE PIECE OF WOOD). But my mate's gf's english isnt so good so ther might be some confusion here...

The other thing I wanted to post about was the problem my mate has with his 360.

About 2 months ago it froze up and displayed a message from Microsoft saying to input some code, he took it to the shop where he bought it (not MBK) they said it was something to do with it overheating and they couldnt help him, so its useless now.

Anybody know anything about this problem?

Dave

Guest Reimar

Gaming devices are a problem in Thailand because of a little bit strenge law!

The question is: The product is a real Import or a "black" one? If is a real there is some warranty and within the warraty terms it should be possible to claim!

In case that the import was legal, there is a possiobilty to contact a consumer protection office. To find the right one, the best way is to call to the Economic Crime Division of the Royal Thai Police and ask for a contact.

In case the import was illegal, ok, you can go the way of law! But how long that will take and what will be the result?

Try to settle on a easy (Thai smiling) way to first and if that isn't possible, start thinking what will be the best with some positive result.

The 360 has serious reliability issues - I've gone through 3 Xbox 360's now - all Genuine unmodded UK machines.

Hopefully once they switch to 65nm chips later in the year things will improve

Sony's PS3 is far more reliable - shame there's no really great games for it yet

they certainly don't like the heat - so the extra cooling module is a must.

Also try the "heat gun" trick - it's been know to fix the few that had solder defects (lead free solder on some of the chips failing..)

YMMV

Haven't had any problems either. I don't think any of the 360's they're selling are 'black'. As far as I know, they're all imports. They all come with a warranty, and the shop you bought it from should be able to fix it for free within that warranty or at least sell you a new console for a discount.

Ok so my friends 360 has been bust for a while now (I'll come back to this later) so his gf took it to MBK to see if she could get it fixed. Anyway she called him up and said that NONE of the shops there were selling them anymore because so many of them were being returned, even at Art & Gun Game which I advised her to go to as thats where I got mine in Jan. Apparently people are returning them after 5 days as they keep locking up, so all the shops have just stopped selling them.

Can anybody shed anylight on this situation?

I got mine form Art & Gun game but havent had any probs so far (TOUCH A MASSIVE PIECE OF WOOD). But my mate's gf's english isnt so good so ther might be some confusion here...

The other thing I wanted to post about was the problem my mate has with his 360.

About 2 months ago it froze up and displayed a message from Microsoft saying to input some code, he took it to the shop where he bought it (not MBK) they said it was something to do with it overheating and they couldnt help him, so its useless now.

Anybody know anything about this problem?

Dave

We sell modified consoles in europe and my colleges in Germany and Austria told me to NOT sell the Xbox360, because so many got returned and it is a big loose selling them. Spoke with a shop in Austria (I know them very very well, bought there 5 PS2 per week) and they also told me, many xbox 360 got returned.

So better go with the Wii for the moment.

they certainly don't like the heat - so the extra cooling module is a must.

Also try the "heat gun" trick - it's been know to fix the few that had solder defects (lead free solder on some of the chips failing..)

YMMV

No don't do the heatgun trick, with luck it will only work for a few days and can do a lot of damage, preventing the warping of the mainboard and cooling mods is at the moment the way to go, look at http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showforum=133 for some solutions.

I sell modded consoles but I do not sell the Xbox360 because of the overheating problems, I wait for the new models or a very good fix for the overheating problems.

For those who has a dead Xbox360 with the "circle of death" I offer a free repair service under the following conditions;

Shipment to and from Phuket by EMS and paid by the owner.

Materials such as artic silver, extra cooling mods if needed or wanted for cost prices.

No labor or handling costs.

No warranties.

I am a qualified technician with years experience repairing playstations and other game consoles and I offer this free service to test the fixes and built up some experience with this console.

PM me if you want more info.

I bought mine in November last year and haven't had any problems. I also bought one of those intercooler fan accessories though as well....so maybe that helps keep it cool enough.

I was at commart during the weekend and there was a store there selling xbox 360s' so I guess if you look around should still be able to pick one up.

i bought a sony playstation 2 about three months ago and both of the controllers are dead now. any reason why this might be?

I think you got copy controllers, hard to see the difference but if there is a sticker with a red A, B or H near the cable than be sure that you have the copy one.

They break down after a few weeks usually.

The originals are sold separately for 700- 800 baht and the copy ones do 150 -200 baht.

Even Tesco Lotus sells slimlines with copy controllers.

Bought My 360 the day they were released in the UK. Shipped it here to Thailand 6 months ago and never had a problem, despite daily use by my kids. Also just had a mod chip fixed, this allows it to play copy games and automaticaly disconects the network whenever a copy is inserted. Works fine and no need to worry about the kids connecting to XBox Live by mistake when using a copy and geting banned, like they did to my first Xbox!

Chris

I bought my 360 less a little less than a month, it’s working fine, until yesterday. Suddenly, I get no picture, it’s all dark and distorted. Audio works fine still. I brought the A/V cable in to MBK where I got it, and the cable worked fine. The guy said it’s my tv, so today I hooked it up to a different tv, and same, no picture.

If it is a problem with the consol, and it needs to be replaced or fixed, do the stores here take care of that free of charge? I know in the States, if this happened I could return the system for a new one, or if it was a bad cable they’d give me a new one free of charge, especially because I haven’t had it for a month yet.

For those of you with bricked consoles, or any other problems that happened soon after your purchase, how was the customer service at the store you bought it? Were they friendly enough to replace your busted system, or did they just say, “Too bad”.

Also, is the warrantee voided on chipped consoles? From the looks of the box my system came in, it was imported from S. Korea. If I’m told that I need to buy a brand new console here in Bangkok, can I have it serviced when I go to Korea next month? Granted, I could always argue the warrantee in Korea, since I got my system around the Lunar New Year, and a chipped system was all that was available. Also, it’s not an overheating issue, but a connectivity one.

I bought my 360 less a little less than a month, it’s working fine, until yesterday. Suddenly, I get no picture, it’s all dark and distorted. Audio works fine still. I brought the A/V cable in to MBK where I got it, and the cable worked fine. The guy said it’s my tv, so today I hooked it up to a different tv, and same, no picture.

If it is a problem with the consol, and it needs to be replaced or fixed, do the stores here take care of that free of charge? I know in the States, if this happened I could return the system for a new one, or if it was a bad cable they’d give me a new one free of charge, especially because I haven’t had it for a month yet.

For those of you with bricked consoles, or any other problems that happened soon after your purchase, how was the customer service at the store you bought it? Were they friendly enough to replace your busted system, or did they just say, “Too bad”.

Also, is the warrantee voided on chipped consoles? From the looks of the box my system came in, it was imported from S. Korea. If I’m told that I need to buy a brand new console here in Bangkok, can I have it serviced when I go to Korea next month? Granted, I could always argue the warrantee in Korea, since I got my system around the Lunar New Year, and a chipped system was all that was available. Also, it’s not an overheating issue, but a connectivity one.

I've had this!

Check the switch on the Av connector is set to TV and not the other one :o

Hope this is it.

i bought a sony playstation 2 about three months ago and both of the controllers are dead now. any reason why this might be?

I think you got copy controllers, hard to see the difference but if there is a sticker with a red A, B or H near the cable than be sure that you have the copy one.

The originals are sold separately for 700- 800 baht and the copy ones do 150 -200 baht.

I once bought cheap controller for resell from China (years ago) and got Original ones. Everything looked 100 % original, also the package and inside. I took them appart and compared with an original one.

Just at that price they couldn't be original.....

I once bought cheap controller for resell from China (years ago) and got Original ones. Everything looked 100 % original, also the package and inside. I took them appart and compared with an original one.

Just at that price they couldn't be original.....

Received from China a shipment Sony 8 mb memory cards for the ps2 in the yellow packages, got some complaints and removed the case and found copy pcb's.

Uploaded a picture, left is the original.

post-21956-1175173416_thumb.jpg

I bought my XBox 360 back in December from Art and Gun at MBK. It stopped working about two days after buying with System Error E79. Took it back to Art and Gun who kept it for two months. Eventually they called me, said they couldn't fix it but would replace it with a new Xbox 360. Picked the new machine up a couple of weeks ago and the guy told me not to play the console without the aircon turned on - oh boy, my XBox 360 needs the aircon full blast!

Khun Jack - don't spose you've a stock of "tri-wing" screwdrivers for Wii do you ? I've two here i've to to chip and can't find the damm things.....

If Jack doesn't, I get 100 in tomorrow or Saturday. Didn't saw the quality but guess for opening the screw it will be good enough...

Khun Jack - don't spose you've a stock of "tri-wing" screwdrivers for Wii do you ? I've two here i've to to chip and can't find the damm things.....

Don't have them in stock yet but you can order them from H90.

Jack if you need a few let me know can also help you out....

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is still a problem getting the XBOX 360 at MBK. I'm in Bangkok next week and really want to get hold of one. If MBK are still sold out, does anyone know anywhere else I can get one for a reasonable price? Thanks...