Brexit on a knife edge as PM Johnson stakes all on 'Super Saturday' vote

snoop1130

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Letwin amemdment has just passed. Poor blondie, the PM who has never won a vote in the HoC. Boris cancels vote on his deal. Refused to instigate delay, blatantly breaking the law.

He never said that he won't send the letter. He simply said the Benn act does not "compel" him to "negotiate" a delay to Brexit.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The workers pay tax and national insurance which pays for education and medical costs 

And what about those who cannot work?

What about those who dutifully pay for their medical costs but who prove too expensive for their private insurers (who you dont want to pay tax)when they grow older? Don't you like the NHS?

1 minute ago, baboon said:

What about those who dutifully pay for their medical costs but who prove too expensive for their private insurers (who you dont want to pay tax)when they grow older? Don't you like the NHS?

Workers national insurance payments pays for the NHS and pensions

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Don't you like the NHS?

No, not after they precipitated my parents deaths.

It's OK... we got a letter from the Ombudsman responding to our complaint, acknowledging the shortcomings that were uncovered and assuring us that the responsible parties were subsequently dealt with.

But still...

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

Of course he does not like the NHS. He prefers the American / Thai system of health care for the rich only.

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Correct. He will send the letter then refuse to negotiate a delay with the EU.

So he will send the letter asking for delay, next he will not negotiate about the delay, which means that the EU will set the terms of the delay? That wil give parliament the time to force a new referendum. Am I missing something?

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

No, not after they precipitated my parents deaths.

It's OK... we got a letter from the Ombudsman responding to our complaint, acknowledging the shortcomings that were uncovered and assuring us that the responsible parties were subsequently dealt with.

But still...

Sorry to read this about your parents.

But do you think the American / Thai systems do not make mistakes?

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

In heaven, there are no taxes.

And no handicapped people to be provided for by taxpayers' money.

Also no unemployed or sick, no need for schools or roads or public transport.

And if you choose the right god, you won't even have to pay for bargirls, since virgins will be provided for free.

4 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Of course he does not like the NHS. He prefers the American / Thai system of health care for the rich only.

And the next question: Who polices? Who defends our borders? Burger King? Some private group of mercenaries? Should the Civil Service be privatised too?

If you don't believe in the State, fine. But don't bother waving the flag, then. If you don't have State Institutions you don't have a State. 

10 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

So he will send the letter asking for delay, next he will not negotiate about the delay, which means that the EU will set the terms of the delay? That wil give parliament the time to force a new referendum. Am I missing something?

Yep. The EU could refuse the delay because Johnson refuses to give them grounds for a delay.

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Yep. The EU could refuse the delay because Johnson refuses to give them grounds for a delay.

They could, but would they?

The EU could take into concideration the fact that Boris is speaking only for a minority.

The EU might put the well being of the British population before Boris' selfish interests?

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What are the corporations that you are referring too ?

Manufacturing corporations will not manufacture in high wage countries any more.

They will only move their head quarters to where taxes are low.

That creates a very limited number of (higly paid) jobs.

Surely you must have heard of "globalisation" - it is one of the things brexiteers want to stop?

(no, of course not the Borisses and the Reesmuggs, but the misled majority)

2 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Manufacturing corporations will not manufacture in high wage countries any more.

They will only move their head quarters to where taxes are low.

That creates a very limited number of (higly paid) jobs.

Surely you must have heard of "globalisation" - it is one of the things brexiteers want to stop?

(no, of course not the Borisses and the Reesmuggs, but the misled majority)

Please answer my question above (111)  and name the corporations that you are referring to ?

What are you talking about ?

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Please answer my question above (111)  and name the corporations that you are referring to ?

How about Apple for a start ?, followed by just about every other mobile phone manufacturer and computer manufacturer

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

A brexiteer said that lowering taxes will attract corporations.

He did not name any.

How can I possibly say exactly which ones will not be attracted? I can only say that MANUFACTURING

corporations will NOT be attracted (because of high wages) and that  only tax head quarters will be attracted.

How much manufacturing goes on in Panama or Virgin Islands? Yes, at those places some rich people get even more rich, but JOBS???

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Why do I not like the NHS ?

(I also do not |prefer the American or thai health cares ) 

You have no idea what you are saying 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Why do I not like the NHS ?

(I also do not |prefer the American or thai health cares ) 

You have no idea what you are saying 

How about you first answer my critisism of "zero corporate taxes will create jobs"?

You have no idea about what you are saying about corporate taxes.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Apple are based in the USA and they have offices in the UK because they sell phones in the UK

Apple mostly manufacturers in China and is very good at avoiding corporate taxes 

https://gizmodo.com/apple-successfully-avoids-50-billion-in-american-taxes-1822189738

https://observer.com/2019/09/apple-ireland-tax-lawsuit-european-union-corporate-tax-dodging/

Archived