Tourist numbers well on track statistics show

webfact

The smaller resorts usually get the European and Russian tourists. So those will be affected. 2% is a small fraction and probably smaller as the error margin (people using bkk as a hub to other countries).

Americans tend to stay at expensive places because they only have a short vacation and want to have it perfect.

Pattaya is a mostly a place where very naive first timers go or experienced bar hangers. The last group is probably switching from a 1 time a year to a 1 every 2 year schedule or seeking cheaper alternatives.

I do not expect to see halve empty resorts when I will be there in December/January. Although I am a bit surprised I can still book popular places at this moment which often were sold out previous years.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, CHdiver said:
12 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"...readers of TVF know that they send most Tourists back home..."

Yes, six confirmed cases, or thereabouts, this year, so far!

I knew I forgot something.......here it is..... ????

Glad I could help you.  Just to emphasise the seriousness of the figures of all those refused entry, it's 0.00002% up to last month.  

But let's say it was ten times my number of 6 refusals, I'll give you 600 refusals just for the hell of it, the percentage would still be just 0.002%.  Shocking, eh?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I don't have a problem with the figures or reporting if you do, don't ever look at any Gov figures or business reporting.

However I am lazy and could someone please drop that into a table for me then work out spend by tourist by country. Then apply rough cost of servicing.

For every "farang" lost you need 2 - 3 Chinese to make up income but 2 - 3 times the servicing cost.

Keep going further and you'd see just how much an expats worth. A s...load more AND their paying the lot!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CHdiver said:

Clearly fake news, at least readers of TVF know that they send most Tourists back home, before they can enter the LOS.

Utter nonsense! Millions enter the country for tourism every year. A few get denied and they Only tend to be the ones trying to stay too long for tourism.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

>> Tourist numbers from Europe dropped to 4,698,239 people, down 1.83 per cent

>> the United Kingdom with 719,599, up 0.84 per cent,

I really do not believe that tourists numbers from the UK are going up.  Even in Spain these numbers are going down due to poor economic prospects and uncertainty. But instead of going to Spain they decided to go to Thailand?

I cannot support it with numbers. But it seems very unlikely.

Maybe it's the fleeing expats coming one last time to dispose of their remaining assets.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

>> Tourist numbers from Europe dropped to 4,698,239 people, down 1.83 per cent

>> the United Kingdom with 719,599, up 0.84 per cent,

I really do not believe that tourists numbers from the UK are going up.  Even in Spain these numbers are going down due to poor economic prospects and uncertainty. But instead of going to Spain they decided to go to Thailand?

I cannot support it with numbers. But it seems very unlikely.

Good grief...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I arrived here from China a couple of weeks ago. The aircraft was mostly empty. Go figure.

Anyway I was happy to stretch out on four seats in the middle instead of three at the window. Oh did I mention there was no lineup at immigration.....go figure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

You ask 100 people from 1 country how much they spent, and assume that all people from that country behaved the same.  I don't think there is another way to do this.

You cannot track spending with tax. In Thailand many people do not pay tax. You can look at hotels, but many people do not stay at official hotels. From a lot of money spent n shops it will be difficult to decide if this is from citizens or tourists. 

The above method is also not very reliable. Especially not if the baht went up after asking tourists what they spent a couple of years ago. It will also depend on what kind of tourists you ask. If you ask this to tourist staying in the Hilton on Sukhumvit you will get other numbers than when you ask in a cheap unregistered hotel. It is easy to make "mistakes". 

Wouldn't the figures be easy to calculate, foreign exchange divided by number of tourists..

If there were 10 Bolivians here last month and 10,000 baht of Bolivian currency exchanged last month, they spent on average 1,000 baht each.

Any day/week /month they know how many tourists are here and any day/week/month they know how much money was exchanged at ATMs, currency booths etc.

3 minutes ago, Peterbilt said:

Well, those figures (mostly likely from TATs own random number generator) are a bit puzzling to me.
They state, that a total of 29,465,732 people visited Thailand between January and September.
The highest numbers of visitors were from China, making up 8,518,031 people.
Okay. 8,518,031 Chinese, right? Thats about 28.91% of all tourists and indeed the largest group.

But just two day ago, we could read here that arrivals from China make up 58.1% of all tourists, that would have been 17,119,590 Chinese tourists from Jan 1st 'til Sept 30th this year, if those 29.465 millions are correct.

.... just me 2 cents .....

That 58.1% might have been a snapshot of a specific timeframe, like a day? 

usual load of B/S from TAT. Came through swampy a couple of weeks ago, no queues at immigration, not so many tourists buses clogging the streets of Pattaya and jomtein, most parked up around town these days. You can disregard the numbers from adjoining countries as they are shopping or working. 

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Wouldn't the figures be easy to calculate, foreign exchange divided by number of tourists..

If there were 10 Bolivians here last month and 10,000 baht of Bolivian currency exchanged last month, they spent on average 1,000 baht each.

Any day/week /month they know how many tourists are here and any day/week/month they know how much money was exchanged at ATMs, currency booths etc.

Spot on. Just wait for the desperate denials. Like they dont know who is a tourist, who is in transit, blah blah...

Considering its got sweet fanny adams to do with anyone its a dead horse they love to flog.

TM6? Who fills that out? Sob...