EU agrees Brexit extension but sets no date as UK squabbles over election

rooster59

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

It's the ignorance of people like you who will ruin UK. You starting again cherry picking telling that you have a choice to accept or deny EU laws or rules as a EEA member. 

I thought the Norwegian PM would have opened your eyes and mind. 

However it would afford intellectual flexibility to get the whole picture. 

hmmm,

its a bit problematic that you apparently do not  understand English when you  read it.

intellectual flexibility? right - read the treaty - it offers the whole pic -

no, you are grossly misquoting me,

I have never mentioned EU laws, I specifically mentioned directives

No, I never said that EEA members could say no thanks to new directives, I said EEA members not being EU members

there is a rather large difference

Improve your English, there are courses around, read again what the Norwegian PM said,

what is rendered in that MSM cut does NOT contradict what I say

The Norwegian PM is very well aware of the treaty provisions that makes room for what I am saying.

If UK should be ruined because some people have a better knowledge of the EEA treaty than you,

so be it.

ignorance? yes- there is some around

• Like 1

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

hmmm,

its a bit problematic that you apparently do not  understand English when you  read it.

intellectual flexibility? right - read the treaty - it offers the whole pic -

no, you are grossly misquoting me,

I have never mentioned EU laws, I specifically mentioned directives

No, I never said that EEA members could say no thanks to new directives, I said EEA members not being EU members

there is a rather large difference

Improve your English, there are courses around, read again what the Norwegian PM said,

what is rendered in that MSM cut does NOT contradict what I say

The Norwegian PM is very well aware of the treaty provisions that makes room for what I am saying.

If UK should be ruined because some people have a better knowledge of the EEA treaty than you,

so be it.

ignorance? yes- there is some around

Nice retreat after being defeated ???????? 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

It was a non binding Advisory Referendum which was passed by law signed off by the Queen. An information leaflet that said the result would be honoured is denying that the law of it being advisory didn't count. The final decision is down to the MPs not the electorate of a referendum. The same politicians that are negotiating now, were campaigning in the rederendum that the UK would have all the same benits that they have now. People were lied to and they know it. No Government is going to get a deal that is better than the one than the one the UK has already got by being in Europe.

The Brexiteers are are all trators to the memory of the UKs 3 Greatest Prime Ministers. William Gladstone (who won the most General Elections [4]) said in 1887 when the UK was a Great Empire that Britain was a part of Europe. Winston Churchill in 1946 call for a United States of Europe and Margaret Thatcher help to create the single market for the free movement of goods. Yes Brexiteers are the real taitors to the UKs real history. Led by Nigel Farage the Anlo German who is so proud to be British he travels everywhere on a German Passport.

I admit to being on 4 marches on Parliament so far for a Peoples Vote that is "Binding" by law. Along with many other people I write to MPs to keep the pressure up to do this. More and more people want this vote and the momentum in the country is now overwhelmingly against Brexit. Over 200 Opinion Polls since 2017 consistantly show a large majority of people are now against Brexit. The way things are going there will 2 Election next year. A General Election and another referendum. The only people that want to push Brexit through against the present will of the people, are the Big Money Political Carpet Baggers. They don't care even though over £1.2 Trillion of British Buiness has already moved to Europe. That is why the value of the Pound is so low.

so lets have a referendum vote that is not binding, and following that as we don't like the result, a peoples vote that is binding

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Barcley certainly  can justify  his  salary by  consistent clever and deflective waffling skill!

In the  face of  direct questions as to how the Belfast Agreement  can be preserved under deal for Brexit there is  no solution other than to allow  Northern Ireland to  accede to the  Republic . Ireland should  be a united  rather than a divided country at the will of  the  English.

Should Scotland  or Wales  choose to defer to dictate  let  England  refer to the  great wall of  Trump !

While the world shrinks  so does the mentality of  political idealism !

So strange that the  illegitimate successors of  Royal oversight are  anything  but  Angle in origin.

Johnston was originally a US american.  Barred in  his own country  from  the position he  holds  in the  Dis-UK !

The Irish problem would go away if the UK remained in the customs union, so why not.

Ah, that great big cherry for the UK Trump, the US trade deal, a deal that has a poisonous sting in the tail. People should be wary of what they wish for, the grass is never greener.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dunroaming said:

That was a given.  No problem having that on the list. Only the profoundly stupid would vote for no deal when there are deals to be had.

It was'nt a problem for Brexiteers to vote for a "blind" Brexit. 

Edited by Opl

15 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

while overhauling what you refer to as "a creaking political system",

do not neglect and forget to spend considerable effort in order to overhaul UK's political system,

in my view the Brexit process has shown that the need is manifest

Quite right. Get one's own house in order first.

5 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

Jeez, Burger King

hmmm, yes, that entry looked rather odd, smth must have happened during the editing,

I was gonna say smth along the lines of;

as the Burger King marketing slogan goes:  Have it your way!  But it came out wrong.

I don't mind being defeated or being called defeated,

but for those who might be interested in the topic I insist that;

the EEA treaty has stipulations which offers EEA members that are not members of the EU

the possibility of formally rejecting a new directive,

(this possibility is not available to EU members)

the relevant provisions have been in the EEA treaty a  long long time, since it first entered into force I think

whether the possibility to reject extends to other types of EU legislation, regulations and decisions,

I can't remember off hand.

18 hours ago, sandyf said:

The Irish problem would go away if the UK remained in the customs union, so why not.

Ah, that great big cherry for the UK Trump, the US trade deal, a deal that has a poisonous sting in the tail. People should be wary of what they wish for, the grass is never greener.

And the chicken breasts never whiter.

16 minutes ago, rhyddid said:

Brexit day 31/10 will be remembered as BS BJ funny joke holiday !

When the Tories will show the door with a good kick where he deserve to BS BJ, then appoint a serious negotiator, they will be able to close the Brexit deal leaving UK in the EU market!

May I suggest Corbyn, well he does seem to get on well with terrorist organisations, eh...????

8 hours ago, rhyddid said:

Brexit day 31/10 will be remembered as BS BJ funny joke holiday !

When the Tories will show the door with a good kick where he deserve to BS BJ, then appoint a serious negotiator, they will be able to close the Brexit deal leaving UK in the EU market!

you think so?

I don't!

The Tories can do whatever they fancy with doors and BS and BJ (and others), will not make any difference.

Ass far as EU is concerned I think now that the window of opportunity has smacked in the face of the Tories.

• Like 1