Subway Sandwiches And Reciepts

ZukiSuzuki

I'm just wondering what a staff member at Subway gets paid. It obviously isn't McDonalds wages.

The staff at Subway seem well trained, can usually speak English (at least Subway Lingo) quite well. They also seem reasonably well presented in the grooming stakes.

Anybody know?

Soundman.

Thanks for the comments.

Our stores pay around 30-50% higher than McDonalds.

www.thailandsubway.com

What do you mean by that comment?

Someone was talking about the excellent service at Subway Nana, so I believe it was a compliment Sunbelt.

If you have anything to do with the Subway up by Villa Mart though, tell them to put some decent meatballs in their meatball sandwich, last time I got one it was a meatball sauce sandwich with three marble sized pieces of meat in them. Next time it's going back. :o

Edited by bkkmadness

Just a thought

If the bread is counted and this seems to have happened at more than 1 branch are the suppliers selling the shop staff extra bread?

No. The bread is baked on-site at each store using ready made mix. Easy to reduce the amount required to make a 'regulation sized 12-inch' by 10% I guess??

As a sidenote, I must have ordered over 500 home delivery Subs from the one on Silom Road during the past 3 years at my current apartment. At current rates, that equates to over 120,000thb in revenue for that one shop alone!! (I have just <deleted> myself after working that out!!!).

Anyway...delvery boy arrives last week. 320thb for me and the missus. Give him 400thb while I put the Sub down to get a free hand for the 80thb change (minus the standard 20thb tip of course). Look up. HE HAS SCARPERED!!!!!!

Little twatbag ran off with 60thb. Called the store outlining my 5-star, Platinum Card, Hi-So status, there and they said..."thank you for tip".

Tried to contact the Farang manager...no response. Rant off....

Bendix....where can we meet and drown our combined sorrows at this failing world :o

Edited by CymruAmByth

Subway originated in my CT hometown and they are a great company. I say they can do what they want regarding receipts. When I go to the Sukhumvit subway stores, they always give me a receipt and I find it annoying cause I dont want it. I never understood receipt fascination. Having run a retail establishment, I found people needing receipts to be annoying. If someone really needs receipts for expenses, there are 1001 ways to come up with them

Someone was talking about the excellent service at Subway Nana, so I believe it was a compliment Sunbelt.
Thats why I asked what he was meaning . Thank you to the poster if that was his thoughts.
If you have anything to do with the Subway up by Villa Mart though, tell them to put some decent meatballs in their meatball sandwich, last time I got one it was a meatball sauce sandwich with three marbles of meat in them. Next time it's going back.

Darn little fresh meatballs come all the way from Australia. They get tired after the recent long plane trip and fight to stay in the kettle at the store. Will tell the staff at the Soi 33 Branch to use some extra strength and make sure you get the four meatballs.

Thanks for letting us know.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Are those meatballs coming over ready made then? Because they were a hel_l of a different size than the ones in the beautiful pics on the menu. Sure they are getting taken apart and remade?

I know food you get is always a little different from the pics in these places but there was hardly any meat in the sandwich. It isn't the first time and that's why I generally avoid subway (since I very healthily only eat meatball sandwiches :o ) but the last time it was a joke.

Anyway have a word with them Greg and if it's it's not sorted out next time I pay a visit I'll take a pic of what you actually get and we can compare it to the subway sandwich pic on this forum. I'm as happy to spread the word about a bad food outlet as I am a good one.

Yes was indeed a complement about Nana branch, I have been a customer there (at least 3 times a week) since it first opened …I’ve not once had a problem or bad service..great for people watching sitting outside (all it needs is a couple of fans :o )

Hmmm - this thread just made me go to my local Subway on Beach road in Singapore - nice sandwich but no receipt ;-)

Only one complaint - no sachet's of salt and as i did not ask for it at counter would have had to walked back to said counter with sandwich but being a lazy git would not do so ;-))

I have been to the Nana Branch and never had a problem

As for staff costs - I was just discussing this with one of our senior thai people last week and she was saying we have to pay a starting salary of 35-40K for decent english speakers with oversea's education - this rises sharply pretty quickly and they probably get 10% plus cost of living rise per year then more if they jump to a higher job.

Edited by Prakanong

Being one of the shareholders in the Subways is here I'd like to voice a complaint. The tuna sandwiches at Subway stores (world-wide, not just in Thailand) varies too much. Far too often in the Sukhumvit shops the tuna mix looks more like a soup than it does tuna. It should be relabeled tuna flavored mayonaise. If I wanted that much mayonaise I'd ask for extra. Please bring back the tuna with just enough mayonaise to let it stick together and let the customer decide how much if any extra they want on the sandwich. If the mix looks runny and soupy, it's too much mayonaise. I've walked out of your shops more often than I've purchased a sandwhich just because of this reason. Perhaps you're not draining the oil from the tuna. You must do that first before adding in the mayonaise.

Edited by 0x22b

I love Subway. It's the last thing I eat before I go to bed after a night on the piss. Stays down much better than dahl and garlic naan. I've never bothered to check my receipt though I will do from now on. Assuming I can read it after 20 pints.

I am sure all businesses in Thailand play games. I have been short changed 2 times by Bangkok Bank, including one reeeeeal obvious one.

Hi!

Off topic, is Pizzeria Uno and Knickerbockers bar still around? I was there a long time ago for a couple of nights.

I also remember going to some seedy joints in Bridgeport and New Haven, but that is another story.

Subway originated in my CT hometown and they are a great company. I say they can do what they want regarding receipts. When I go to the Sukhumvit subway stores, they always give me a receipt and I find it annoying cause I dont want it. I never understood receipt fascination. Having run a retail establishment, I found people needing receipts to be annoying. If someone really needs receipts for expenses, there are 1001 ways to come up with them

The boy at the Nana Subway/CoffeeWorld charged me an extra 10bt to put milk in my coffee.

I have never seen that before.

Store policy, I wonder?

You need to take a more rounded view, Skipper.

On the downside you were charged 10 baht. But on the plus side that's a very small price to pay to have yet another reason to whinge and whine. Think of it as an investment. :o

The boy at the Nana Subway/CoffeeWorld charged me an extra 10bt to put milk in my coffee.

Store policy, I wonder?

Coffe World Silom has been doing this for 3 - 4 years at least (depending on who serves you).

If you think about it logically why should black coffee drinkers subsidise the milk for white coffee drinkers (assuming the volume of coffee in the cup does not change).

PS I stopped going to Coffee World because they too often 'ran out' of croissants at 9.00 am.

You MEAN:

Because YOU find it annoying to issue receipts to YOUR customers for THEIR expense account and the business they bring to you, they should start lying, forging, cheating etc...

It must be a real pleasure to do business with you!

Just before commiting SUICIDE!!!!

:D:D:o:D

Thats why I asked what he was meaning . Thank you to the poster if that was his thoughts.
If you have anything to do with the Subway up by Villa Mart though, tell them to put some decent meatballs in their meatball sandwich, last time I got one it was a meatball sauce sandwich with three marbles of meat in them. Next time it's going back.
Darn little fresh meatballs come all the way from Australia. They get tired after the recent long plane trip and fight to stay in the kettle at the store. Will tell the staff at the Soi 33 Branch to use some extra strength and make sure you get the four meatballs.

Thanks for letting us know.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

the local subway store gives us firefighters 20% discount so maybe the dude that got ripped of with the aussie meatballs can get 20% discount in his local store in los. :D

anyway , i dont like those meatballs and always go for a 12 inch chicken fillet with the works.

$ 6.20 c for me. :D

dont need a receit either. :o

What do you mean by that comment?

If you have anything to do with the Subway up by Villa Mart though, tell them to put some decent meatballs in their meatball sandwich, last time I got one it was a meatball sauce sandwich with three marble sized pieces of meat in them. Next time it's going back. :D

i would like to apologise to maddy for calling him a dude. :D

sorry maddy as i did'nt realise it was you. :D

anyway mate,

i be in that sore kicking arse if they ripped me off on the meat balls old mate. :D

how about giving the chicken fillet a whirl, with extra chilly and olives plus garlic sauce. :o

Because YOU find it annoying to issue receipts to YOUR customers for THEIR expense account and the business they bring to you, they should start lying, forging, cheating etc...

It must be a real pleasure to do business with you!

Just before commiting SUICIDE!!!!

:o:D :D :D

:D:bah: :bah:

Someone REALLY needs to lay off the espresso :o

Edited by cdnvic

Are those meatballs coming over ready made then? Because they were a hel_l of a different size than the ones in the beautiful pics on the menu. Sure they are getting taken apart and remade?

I know food you get is always a little different from the pics in these places but there was hardly any meat in the sandwich. It isn't the first time and that's why I generally avoid subway (since I very healthily only eat meatball sandwiches :o ) but the last time it was a joke.

Anyway have a word with them Greg and if it's it's not sorted out next time I pay a visit I'll take a pic of what you actually get and we can compare it to the subway sandwich pic on this forum. I'm as happy to spread the word about a bad food outlet as I am a good one.

tell you what i'll do for you maddy,

in 8 weeks time im back in los.

im going to go to the local subway store in freo and get you some cracker meatballs from there, whack them in my backpack and deliver them to you first hand. :D :D

You mentioned Silom, I think that is one of the ones he owns. :o It may not be the operator doing the scam.
No it's not, it's owned by another American guy who i have spoken with.
The ones I've been to on Sukhumvit also have a sign saying if they fail to give you a reciept it's free

There is no such sign at the Silom branch.

And of course these are incidents isolated only to Subway outlets
If you re-read my original post i don't think you will find i said that, English is not my first language so i apologize if i was unable to make my point clearly for you to understand.
Why don't you guys go out and have some Tom Yum instead? Save some money....

I do eat Tom Yum etc, but this does'nt save me money as i can claim expenses back from Japan when issued reciepts.

I sometimes wonder how i drag myself out of bed each morning. Melting icecaps. Bird flu. The prospect of a global economic meltdown. The prospect of war with Iran and North Korea. Escalating tensions between militant Islam and the west.

And now I learn of the Great Subway Swindle.

That's it. I can't go on. It's just too much.

I agree it is a trivial matter and one that is realy only worthy of a few posts on an internet forum. Though in the event of a global economic meltdown i will be pleased in my knowlege that i have recieved every Baht i was entitled to.

BTW, i much prefered the Great Rock n Roll Swindle.

Please, don't go to the toilet thread then, Bendix. We might lose you over the edge.

Well, you made me look anyway.

If the bread is counted and this seems to have happened at more than 1 branch are the suppliers selling the shop staff extra bread?
I believe the bread is baked on site.
If you really want to avoid a major rip off, I will give you some free advice..................

Never lend money to a Farang who has spun you a tale about how his money is being sent over next week, and could you lend him some until then..... good chance you will never see the money again.

I also lost out to the tune of 60,000 Baht to some so called friend, ( Farang ), who was a cheating lying useless <deleted> as it turned out.

Judging by my own experience in Thailand, Farangs are the ones to be wary of when the rip offs are being performed, people fall for the scam so much easier because they are off guard when dealing with one of their own kind in a foreign country.

Up to you at the end of the day, but in my own experience, watch out for Farangs, there are many that would not hesitate to rip you off, especially those that seem to want to hang out in Thailand living on a pittance, rather than going back to their own country.

The Thais are ok in my opinion, considering the crap they put up with from obnoxious arrogant Farangs

Thanks for the advice, i know a few westerners (Farang) here though they are not the type of people who would be in need of a personal loan from a friend.

Judging by own experience in Thailand, Farangs are the ones to be wary of when the rip offs are being performed, people fall for the scam so much easier because they are off guard when they are dealing with one of their own kind in a foreign country."

Seen it quite a few times myself and exactly as you point out - farangs deperate to stay in Thailand by any means.

I have been helped out before myself though and the money returned pretty quickly but I had know the guys in question for years and they had know me a long time. Lots of scammers but some genuine cases - look what he wants the money for ie a little for everyday expenditure or money to go out on the piss - if its the latter take care!

I think we are all aware of this and it is actualy a running joke between the Japanese comunity here in Thailand.

I'm just wondering what a staff member at Subway gets paid. It obviously isn't McDonalds wages.

The staff at Subway seem well trained, can usually speak English (at least Subway Lingo) quite well. They also seem reasonably well presented in the grooming stakes.

Anybody know?

Soundman.

Thanks for the comments.

Our stores pay around 30-50% higher than McDonalds.

A low level McDonalds employee is paid at an hourly rate of B25.

If you have anything to do with the Subway up by Villa Mart though, tell them to put some decent meatballs in their meatball sandwich, last time I got one it was a meatball sauce sandwich with three marble sized pieces of meat in them. Next time it's going back.

I have found this to be the case with all meatball sandwiches from Subway Thailand.

As a sidenote, I must have ordered over 500 home delivery Subs from the one on Silom Road during the past 3 years at my current apartment. At current rates, that equates to over 120,000thb in revenue for that one shop alone!! (I have just <deleted> myself after working that out!!!).

And if that were me and no reciepts were issued then i would have missed out on B120,000 that i was entitled to under my contract.

But hey, some people cant see the bigger picture.

Subway originated in my CT hometown and they are a great company. I say they can do what they want regarding receipts.

I believe under Thai law they are required to issue you with a valid reciept from a government approved till.

I never understood receipt fascination. Having run a retail establishment, I found people needing receipts to be annoying.

You never will, and i would suggest you were in the wrong business.

Being one of the shareholders in the Subways is here I'd like to voice a complaint. The tuna sandwiches at Subway stores (world-wide, not just in Thailand) varies too much. Far too often in the Sukhumvit shops the tuna mix looks more like a soup than it does tuna. It should be relabeled tuna flavored mayonaise. If I wanted that much mayonaise I'd ask for extra. Please bring back the tuna with just enough mayonaise to let it stick together and let the customer decide how much if any extra they want on the sandwich. If the mix looks runny and soupy, it's too much mayonaise. I've walked out of your shops more often than I've purchased a sandwhich just because of this reason. Perhaps you're not draining the oil from the tuna. You must do that first before adding in the mayonaise

I have to say i have always found the tuna sandwich to be prety good.

the local subway store gives us firefighters 20% discount

Thats very decent of them and if your in the fire service in there comunity then well deserved also.

Store policy, I wonder?

On the downside you were charged 10 baht. But on the plus side that's a very small price to pay to have yet another reason to whinge and whine. Think of it as an investment. :D

your cracking me up today bendix . :D :D :o:D

Terence I always look at the healthy baguettes, and it's honestly my intention to get something with a bit of salad in, but when I get in there a little voice in my head says 'buy the meatballs madness, buy the meatballs'.

When I don't get my decent meatballs another little voice says 'Kill the dude that made the baguette madness, kill the dude that made the baguette'. :o

Edited by bkkmadness

...and maybe you should stop wasting bandwidth and stick to posting when you have somthing worthwhile to contribute. Agreed?

Well, that's JUST charming. I was only trying to help.

Next time I will leave you to indulge in your bitterness alone :o

Store policy, I wonder?

On the downside you were charged 10 baht. But on the plus side that's a very small price to pay to have yet another reason to whinge and whine. Think of it as an investment. :o

...and maybe you should stop wasting bandwidth and stick to posting when you have somthing worthwhile to contribute. Agreed?

Skipper, there are few posters I appreciate more than Bendix, due mostly to his injections of sanity and one-liners that get straight to the point. On the other hand there are those whose entire posting history is one long whinge session. Everyone needs to let off steam once in a while but really....

Edited by cdnvic

Store policy, I wonder?

On the downside you were charged 10 baht. But on the plus side that's a very small price to pay to have yet another reason to whinge and whine. Think of it as an investment. :D

your cracking me up today bendix . :D :D :o:D

TERRY!!!! My old Firefighting Friend.

Something has just dawned on my regarding a 'toilet thread' we had a ding-dong on a few months back. It was all related to following through...remember??

Looking back on it, I am CONVINCED it is the slushy tuna sub that makes this happen! Touch wood, it has not occured this year (yet) and I am always on guard within the initial 2 hours of eating my favoured tuna 12-inch. Hate when just as you realize it is a 'hot one' you can feel the gravy running...get my drift?

Anyhoo...in that case, a receipt would come in might handy to hold in the 'accident' until crawling to the Bum Gun to make a better job of it.

Party on Terence!

Terence I always look at the healthy baguettes, and it's honestly my intention to get something with a bit of salad in, but when I get in there a little voice in my head says 'buy the meatballs madness, buy the meatballs'.

When I don't get my decent meatballs another little voice says 'Kill the dude that made the baguette madness, kill the dude that made the baguette'. :o

maybe you got " meatball madness," " maddy " :D :D :D

I guess in Thailand, you need to keep your 'guard up' even when putting milk in the coffee.

All the travel guides better warn people that there's cream bandits lurking in every soi. :o

Be afraid...very afraid :D

Store policy, I wonder?

your cracking me up today bendix . :D :D :o :o

TERRY!!!! My old Firefighting Friend.

Something has just dawned on my regarding a 'toilet thread' we had a ding-dong on a few months back. It was all related to following through...remember??

Looking back on it, I am CONVINCED it is the slushy tuna sub that makes this happen! Touch wood, it has not occured this year (yet) and I am always on guard within the initial 2 hours of eating my favoured tuna 12-inch. Hate when just as you realize it is a 'hot one' you can feel the gravy running...get my drift?

Anyhoo...in that case, a receipt would come in might handy to hold in the 'accident' until crawling to the Bum Gun to make a better job of it.

Party on Terence!

classic mate . :D:bah: :bah: ;)

Store policy, I wonder?

Coffe World Silom has been doing this for 3 - 4 years at least (depending on who serves you).

If you think about it logically why should black coffee drinkers subsidise the milk for white coffee drinkers (assuming the volume of coffee in the cup does not change).

PS I stopped going to Coffee World because they too often 'ran out' of croissants at 9.00 am.

Nonsense. Coffee should come with cream and sugar. Some people don't want it (me for one) but it should be there in case I do.